Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

toldailytopic: Generally speaking does the Islamic religion encourage or discourage t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by StanJ53 View Post
    Yes I have read that Islam considers ALL people born as Muslim and why they are so adamant about their Shahadah.

It is a belief of course that ONLY exists with Islam. Christianity, Judaism, and Catholicism all teach different infant dedication but none of them believe a child is born into their faith, only that sooner or later they are baptized into their faith.
    I guess, I have to make this clear.

"Islam" is Monotheism in one word, when used in such sentences.
    "Islam" is the Sharia and laws the Muslims should take After Shahadah

Islam that is part of "Futra", the nature of a human, is Monotheism.

It's a proof of God, not a law.

Means : We say that the nature of human to a one deity, is a proof of God. and this Islam is what Abraham and after him called for, the Monotheism.

And it is not "Islam" in its narrow cult side.

Plus, there's not even half cleric who justify such meaning, this is what you understand and conclude, and no Muslim concluded.

Muslim is who believes in what Muslims believe in, in a certain way, more certain that "Futra", and the execution of Apostate need a confirmation from the Apostate of being a Muslim before changing, if that evidence is not acquired, the Judge is not allowed to give such verdict.

"Futra" is not a Shahada, and never did one cleric put it as such.

Good Night.
    in houses which Allah has ordered to be raised and that His name be mentioned therein; exalting Him within them in the morning and the evenings

Comment

• Islam is a political religion of violence, no matter how much others try to paint it differently.

As cogently explained in the below, let's stop qualifying Islam and just call it what it is--Islam:

http://frontpagemag.com/2013/bosch-f...m-islam/print/

Muslims fail to follow the admonition given in Surah 10:94 for they know we would denounce any sort of such prophecy therein.

"So, if you (O Muhammad) are in doubt concerning that which We have revealed unto you, [i.e. that your name is written in the Taurat (Torah) and the Injil (Gospel)], then ask those who are reading the Book [the Taurat (Torah) and the Injil (Gospel)] before you. Verily, the truth has come to you from your Lord. So be not of those who doubt (it)."

The Bible does not predict the coming of Muhammad, hence the Qur'an is in error. The Christian actually obeys Surah 5:47 and has found Muhammad and the Qur'an wanting.

AMR
      Embedded links in my posts or in my sig below are included for a reason. Tolle Lege.

Do you confess?
      Founder, Reformed Theology Institute
      AMR's Randomata Blog
      Learn Reformed Doctrine
      I fear explanations explanatory of things explained.
      Christian, catholic, Calvinist, confessional, Presbyterian (PCA).
      Lex orandi, lex credenda: everyone is a Calvinist on their knees.
      The best TOL Social Group: here.
      If your username appears in blue and you have over 500 posts:
      Why?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mulla Sadra View Post
        I guess, I have to make this clear.

"Islam" is Monotheism in one word, when used in such sentences.
        "Islam" is the Sharia and laws the Muslims should take After Shahadah

Islam that is part of "Futra", the nature of a human, is Monotheism.

It's a proof of God, not a law.

Means : We say that the nature of human to a one deity, is a proof of God. and this Islam is what Abraham and after him called for, the Monotheism.

And it is not "Islam" in its narrow cult side.

Plus, there's not even half cleric who justify such meaning, this is what you understand and conclude, and no Muslim concluded.

Muslim is who believes in what Muslims believe in, in a certain way, more certain that "Futra", and the execution of Apostate need a confirmation from the Apostate of being a Muslim before changing, if that evidence is not acquired, the Judge is not allowed to give such verdict.

"Futra" is not a Shahada, and never did one cleric put it as such.

Good Night.

So is Judaism and Christianity. It still defines Muslims in the collective.

Your definition is self imposed to justify your position. Jews and Christians could say the same thing but it would be so self serving as to be supercilious.

The nature of ALL mankind is one of carnality. The difference between Christians and Muslims is that we are given a new spiritual nature when we confess Jesus as our savior. With the help of the Holy Spirit we walk in His righteousness, NOT our own.
        Last edited by StanJ53; May 4th, 2013, 08:04 AM.

But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect. 1 Peter 3:15 (NIV)
        Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. 2 Tim 2:15 (NIV)
        For this very reason, make every effort by your faith to produce virtue, by virtue knowledge, 6 by knowledge self-control, by self-control steadfastness, by steadfastness godliness, 7 by godliness brotherly affection, and by brotherly affection love. 8 For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will make you effective and productive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Peter 1:5-8 (NIV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Stripe View Post
          See?
          You want advocation of violence from a religious authority or scripture?

Can you give me something more difficult to do?

Comment

• Per the OP I cannot answer as I have never read the Koran [or however you spell it], but I don't know that I've ever known a Muslim to deny it.

Originally posted by Selaphiel View Post
            What is your basis for stating that fundamentalism is a more true version of any religion? Fundamentalism is primarily a modern phenomenon, so how can you state that a true version of old religions first emerged within modernity?
            I think you need to learn the meaning of the word "fundamentalism." Just because leftists like to redefine words doesn't mean they have a new meaning.

A fundamentalist, by definition, is one who adheres to the fundamentals of their belief system.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by bybee View Post
              Apparently, all it took was two for the Boston Marathon slaughter to happen?

The Boston thing was staged.

Some religions steer their people through the suppression of fear and through the seduction of power. Both fear and seduction does lead people to the dark side of the force. When we are under the influence of fear and seduction, we begin to do things that are a bit unnatural.

However, the violence found in Christianity is not funded through fear or seduction but rather through Sacrificial Agape Love.

Comment

Your definition is self imposed to justify your position. Jews and Christians could say the same thing but it would be so self serving as to be supercilious.

The nature of ALL mankind is one of carnality. The difference between Christians and Muslims is that we are given a new spiritual nature hen we confess Jesus as our savior. With the help of the Holy Spirit we walk in His righteousness, NOT our own.

Judaism is from "Jew" = people
                Christianity is from "Christ" = man (or God)

Islam is not, "Arabism" or "Mohammedanism" or "Allah-ism" but "Islam".

It's part of the universality of the religion, they say.
                in houses which Allah has ordered to be raised and that His name be mentioned therein; exalting Him within them in the morning and the evenings

Comment

• Originally posted by Ask Mr. Religion View Post
                  Islam is a political religion of violence, no matter how much others try to paint it differently.

As cogently explained in the below, let's stop qualifying Islam and just call it what it is--Islam:

http://frontpagemag.com/2013/bosch-f...m-islam/print/

Muslims fail to follow the admonition given in Surah 10:94 for they know we would denounce any sort of such prophecy therein.

"So, if you (O Muhammad) are in doubt concerning that which We have revealed unto you, [i.e. that your name is written in the Taurat (Torah) and the Injil (Gospel)], then ask those who are reading the Book [the Taurat (Torah) and the Injil (Gospel)] before you. Verily, the truth has come to you from your Lord. So be not of those who doubt (it)."

The Bible does not predict the coming of Muhammad, hence the Qur'an is in error. The Christian actually obeys Surah 5:47 and has found Muhammad and the Qur'an wanting.

AMR
                  Okay I am going to give you a sentence, You understand it, then "Light over Light" - as we Arabs say -, you don't then "Allah is free from need of the worlds." - as We Arabs also say -.

Islam is a religion of peace for the sole individual, in the spiritual daily-life it advocates, but when Islam is talking about masses, it is a religion of Everything ie Politics, And it it is Peace for those who want Peace, and Violence for those who want Violence, because Islam when plays as Government Religion, then it gives them all rules, including rules when IN WAR.

And between all aspects of Islam, Individualistic Peace, Government Institution Building, Flexible Constitution, You like to keep it to that small side that just makes up 0.001909499% of the Quran, So you leave the 99.9980905% timeline of a Muslim/Islamic Country for the 0.001909499% (which is the time of War, that usually only rules are to kill you enemy, but Islam was the first to make POW rules, Defectors rules, marching rules, civilian protection rules....etc Something Westerner didn't get to until 1945).

I ask you, Islam is a religion of a country, what is it supposed to tell the country (as a constitution) if someone attacks them ?

Give them Sweets and Chocolate ?!!

About the verses in the Comment :

1- Your Bible doesn't but Many Christians' Bibles in Jazeera and Iraq did predict and came to the prophet and became Muslims, We say the bible you got is phony, because we Believe Torah and Bible are Word of God (his own Words, all what Moses or Jesus do is to say them in their same sentences), while Bible you have is speech of God in the words of prophets, Messenger, Apostles....etc (Something we don't call "Divine Book" in Islamic tradition but we call it "Hadeeth" - the conversations - of those prophets with their companions)

2-
                  The other verse is :
                  And let the People of the Gospel judge by what Allah has revealed therein. And whoever does not judge by what Allah has revealed - then it is those who are the defiantly disobedient. [5:47]

Yes, May you judge by what God revealed to Jesus and the prophets before him (because the Sharia of Jesus didn't abrogate the Sharia of Moses and Abraham), not by the Human-made constitutions.

Note : In Debate, if you obey one verse of Quran, you obey all of it, I know you didn't mean that, but it is not an accurate word, because if you obey the verse you would also obey its continuation :

And We have revealed to you, [O Muhammad], the Book in truth, confirming that which preceded it of the Scripture and as a criterion over it. So judge between them by what Allah has revealed and do not follow their inclinations away from what has come to you of the truth. To each of you We prescribed a law and a method. Had Allah willed, He would have made you one nation [united in religion], but [He intended] to test you in what He has given you; so race to [all that is] good. To Allah is your return all together, and He will [then] inform you concerning that over which you used to differ.

PS : The subject was violence in the beginning your comment, how come it changed to if Muhammad is a prophet or not ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post
                    Per the OP I cannot answer as I have never read the Koran [or however you spell it], but I don't know that I've ever known a Muslim to deny it.

I think you need to learn the meaning of the word "fundamentalism." Just because leftists like to redefine words doesn't mean they have a new meaning.

A fundamentalist, by definition, is one who adheres to the fundamentals of their belief system.
                    Hi Lighthouse,
                    Americans are fundamentalist, not a race... as Jewish, greek, hebrew, Roman, Indian, Asian. etc...on the page before the Land you standby should move.
                    Last edited by Charity; May 4th, 2013, 04:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by xAvarice View Post
                      toldailytopic: Generally speaking does the Islamic religion encourage or discourage terrorism by its adherents?

It encourages it, it makes space for it and downright advocates violence.

toldailytopic: Generally speaking does the Christian religion encourage or discourage terrorism by its adherents?

Encourage

toldailytopic: Generally speaking does the Hindu religion encourage or discourage terrorism by its adherents?

Encourage

--

You can probably see where this is going.
                      YES, catholicism orthodoxy and protestantism are Number as One army. christian, not One Jew bone left to be seen...As a waste of Book when it comes to the Fathers...
                      No Need to terrorize when you have all the spoil, an the God that go's with it. an the people moved on to go on.

Comment

• Mulla,

The Muslims I've encountered have told me that they are great respecters of "people of the book," meaning Jews and Christians, since you all share a common heritage. (Abraham caused us all a whoooooole lotta trouble.)

Do you share this sentiment, and if so, what do "people of the book" mean to you?

History has shown us that the three great monotheistic religions of the world do not need to live in strife and have indeed lived in peace, side by side.

Do you believe such peace is attainable?

Comment

• A bully can say, "I only get in fights 1 out of 100 times."

Comment

• Joey Arnold
                            Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Titus 1

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

Comment

• Originally posted by Granite View Post
                              Mulla,

The Muslims I've encountered have told me that they are great respecters of "people of the book," meaning Jews and Christians, since you all share a common heritage. (Abraham caused us all a whoooooole lotta trouble.)

Do you share this sentiment, and if so, what do "people of the book" mean to you?

History has shown us that the three great monotheistic religions of the world do not need to live in strife and have indeed lived in peace, side by side.

Do you believe such peace is attainable?
                              Yes,

"People of Book" and "People of Scripture", are known terminologies in Quran and Hadeeth.

Like, We are not allowed to eat from an Atheist or such people (who are not monotheists).

While we are allowed to live with People of Scriptures as much as we live with Muslims (Eat their food, marry from them ...etc)

But, there's a margin, that makes a Muslim a Muslim, and others not, some people like to make it wide (like Salafists) and others don't.

And Yes, I believe in that peace as attainable, but people on both sides don't like to.
                              Last edited by Mulla Sadra; May 4th, 2013, 05:32 PM.

Comment

The nature of ALL mankind is one of carnality. The difference between Christians and Muslims is that we are given a new spiritual nature when we confess Jesus as our savior. With the help of the Holy Spirit we walk in His righteousness, NOT our own.

You said:
                                (( "The difference between Christians and Muslims is that ( we ) are given a ( new spiritual nature ) ((( when we confess Jesus ))) as our savior" )).

God didn't Say That, or anything that even appears to be anything like that. - You Did, and that doesn't mean anything toward the Salvation of anyone. -- There is no such thing as Confessing that Jesus exists, ( For Salvation ). ---- John 9:31 KJV – 31- “Now (( We Know ))that God ( Heareth not Sinners ): ( But if any man be a worshipper of God ), ( And doeth his will ), ((( "Him He Heareth" )))”. --- What does God say?? – How do you dismiss that Truth??? -- We are to ( Teach Jesus ), that is the "Confessing Him to others", not to yourself or to God when God can't hear him!! -- Satan and the Devils do that all the time; and God doesn't listen to them, does He?? ---- But that doesn't matter if one is only trying to prove a simple point of his own doctrine.

Paul -- 050413
                                ---Gal. 4:16.
                                ---"Am I therefore become your enemy because I tell you the truth"???

Comment

Working...
                                X