toldailytopic: The HUGE rush to buy guns and ammo, what's motivating it?

Charity

Yes, the widespread rejection of all that is Good which only comes from God.

Certainly would have helped if the Roman Empire haven't have had to kill Jesus an an twist the brain around to except to defend the nature!
Armies kill in the same way. Everyone in associated is a lesson
;)

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Certainly would have helped if the Roman Empire haven't have had to kill Jesus an an twist the brain around to except to defend the nature!
Armies kill in the same way. Everyone in associated is a lesson
;)

We all killed Christ, and if it would have never happened, we would all land in hell.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
TomO writes:
As usual...The true answer to the OP is not a single cause but rather a storm of different situations being brought to a central point.

For this, and for the rest of your post, I can't give you any more pos rep at this time, but you nailed it, IMO.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
(TomO suggests the causes of panic buying of firearms and ammunition)

Barbarian observes:
For this, and for the rest of your post, I can't give you any more pos rep at this time, but you nailed it, IMO.

Her post was quite vague.

TomO is a guy. But gender confusion is your trademark, isn't it?

But then you're impressed with those type of answers are you Barb?

Yep. When TomO talks about guns, and issues relating to guns, I listen.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
(TomO suggests the causes of panic buying of firearms and ammunition)

Barbarian observes:

TomO is a guy. But gender confusion is your trademark, isn't it?

I guess his effeminate demeanor, like yours, threw me off.

Yep. When TomO talks about guns, and issues relating to guns, I listen.

Here's TomO talking about guns (in reply to the satanist's post):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granite
The rush is driven by misplaced fear, paranoia, and a kind of weird gun subculture that fetishizes, obsesses, and glorifies gun ownership at the expense of virtually every other topic.

Yes and no...

There is most definetly an element to that which is true. The mass buying which has wiped the shelves of just about every type of firearm (Including those which are in no danger of a ban whatsoever at the present time.) is testament to that.

The rush to buy weapons with large capacity magazines though is based on the fear that some people have that if they don't get it now they never will be able to...So much so that they wind up paying exhorbitant amounts for them at times. The sad thing is that many of these people would otherwise never have had the desire to get one if they were not told that soon they may not be able to (some people are just like that).

Ammunition is another story because it's not just the panic buying of the hoarders which is generating the problem...The DHS is hoarding. Why? I don't know. I can list several reasons which vary in probablity right off the top of my head but this would be a thread in itself which would quickly be overrun with conspiracy theories.

As usual...The true answer to the OP is not a single cause but rather a storm of different situations being brought to a central point.

Why not just come out and admit that it's Obama's anti gun policies that have American's concerned? Is TomO playing pseudo intellectual here and trying to impress both sides of the debate?

I'll wait for TomO to return and explain his post.

Mulla Sadra

I put in bold and underlined the key to your paragraph, and thus the question that must be asked is: "Who is an enemy of Allah?"

"This expression is used in the Quran and the Ahadith against any individual or group of individuals who opposed, satirised, insulted, confronted and or did not accept Muhammad as a messenger of Allah. At a stroke, such a person or group became liable to be exterminated, murdered, assassinated or slaughtered without due process of law."
http://inthenameofallah.org/Enemy of Allah.html

Sorry, But I have to answer, Enemies of Allah aren't attacked for them being enemies of Allah, but are attacked if they attack us because the next verse in Quran makes what is called in (Usul) "chaining of a law" as it says : Fight in the way of Allah those who fight you but do not transgress. Indeed. Allah does not like transgressors you can see that the whole (Jihad), not parted anyhow, is tied to transgress, and the verse didn't say those who transgress + enemies of Allah, We are not allowed to fight but enemies of Allah and the verse is more than loud about it. and you should start finding our websites to make an evidence because links of spiteful websites aren't evidences nor is quoting them.
Thats why the hadeeth is said in a battle, It says "Rush" I am not sure how to use this verb while preaching if not enemy is ahead, and I tried to make that clear saying "in one battle" if someone thinks that "Rush" is not AT WAR order.

You obviously know nothing about our Constitution and where our rights come from. I'm thankful that you're not an American citizen and thus would be allowed to vote our God-given rights away.
http://www.lexrex.com/enlightened/AmericanIdeal/yardstick/pr3.html

In matter of fact I've been to the USA to know the constitution as part of an exchange program, and your government didn't really try to even convince us that the constitution is from God, they actually tried to convince us the contrary, and if you recheck my comment (as I will copy-paste it and bold it if you can't see) I was giving a testimony of what happened in Iraq :

What I think about it, is that as Iraqis we saw the excessive existence of weapons under pedestrians hands, more than awful.
but still, In Iraq, We have tribal and sectarian militias, none of that is in USA (Yes, there are Gangs, but whether peds get weapons or not, they will stay there).
So, as much as it is about light weapons and under police control, it would be actually more helpful for the security [something we tried in Iraq], but if it gets more than that, it will be problematic.

Mulla Sadra

Then you had the wrong teacher.

Yes, your government likes to lie, they even stopped one of us track a famous christian religious song, and forced that one to sing one of Adele's love songs, because they said they are secularist and their money ain't goin' on such stuff.

Thankfully I met a judge at the trip who showed me that the constitution was made by God-loving hands, which made me change a big stereotype I had (flourished by your own government's workshops in the same trip), to admire.
[what any believer would do].

Charity

Yes, your government likes to lie, they even stopped one of us track a famous christian religious song, and forced that one to sing one of Adele's love songs, because they said they are secularist and their money ain't goin' on such stuff.

Thankfully I met a judge at the trip who showed me that the constitution was made by God-loving hands, which made me change a big stereotype I had (flourished by your own government's workshops in the same trip), to admire.
[what any believer would do].

So where do we stand when God-loving hands that lie help you flourish, is this Alliance that leaves a nation dumbfounded an hopeless in their own need?

Charity

We all killed Christ, and if it would have never happened, we would all land in hell.

He was Taken as a Lamb to the Slaughter to fufill the Law.
chastened in hot displeasure by the Rod the Man, aparently caused by God.
confounded untill destruction Has no covering, when hells door, was, an is open, that the captives might. see on the opersite side of the door! writen ""heaven"" from which ye go, from hence ye came, least thou be perfect?

Do you think the people That did not, an do not want to destroy Jesus's Life, That voted an vote against the priests an roman empire Torturing, humbling an cutting Him off, Died an went to Hell?

Mulla Sadra

So where do we stand when God-loving hands that lie help you flourish, is this Alliance that leaves a nation dumbfounded an hopeless in their own need?

Where do you as Australian stand ?
Well, I dunno.....................................:sheep:

What is the "alliance" ? :confused:

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber

Is TomO playing pseudo intellectual here and trying to impress both sides of the debate?

You waste no time with the insults in your attempt to set the stage for TomO's return, do you? You are indeed very predictable.

TomO will return and he may even take some time with a further explanation of his opinion but it would be 1. a waste of breath and 2. give you the opportunity to derail this thread and turn it into another of your pet rants (on Homosexuals or anti-Obama agenda).

And if any one is playing pseudo intellectual here, that award would be given to you!

Last edited:

Charity

Where do you as Australian stand ?
Well, I dunno.....................................:sheep:

What is the "alliance" ? :confused:
Alliance...Agreement To Dump Osama at the bottom of the sea.
Apares as a Fast Trade off... mutual benefit, OFTEN between countries or organizations.
eg. You remove Guns away from your Nations homes, an we will Take the responsibility as the terrorist.

:) do you mean, dose Australa Let you come for Workshops to?

Last edited:

oatmeal

Righteous Americans believe in our Creator endowed inalienable rights of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

oatmeal

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame

Effeminate? I have to admit that's the first time I have been characterized quite like that. :think:

....Although I am a very pretty man; I admit.

Why not just come out and admit that it's Obama's anti gun policies that have American's concerned? Is TomO playing pseudo intellectual here and trying to impress both sides of the debate?

Actually, I kinda thought that the fact that Obama's prior statement regarding gun ownership and his disdain for the Second Ammendment went without saying. Prior to his re-election I was one of those pointing this out whenever Obama's more current statements to the effect of "I'm not after your guns". were raised. People like me who have been paying attention and been on the front lines in the battle against "Gun Control" were waiting for his current policies to spring up once he did not have to worry about re-election.

My point was that the current buying frenzy was irrational in that gun control (like many things) is an incremental constitutional infringement. The immediate concern regarding weapons bans has been double column magazine bans and bans on the weapons that look "scary". To clean the shelves of single stack mag weapons is irrational at this time as they are in no current danger of being banned. If the sheep get their way now though they will be up for banning soon enough. Revolvers and single shot rifles will be the last to go.
Ammo hoarding has become kind of a common occurance whenever people get nervous. This time it's different because the DHS is contributing to it; for whatever reason.

I think that covers it..I trust my explaination was not too "pseudo-itellectual" for you to understand? :plain:

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
You waist no time with the insults in your attempt to set the stage for TomO's return, do you? You are indeed very predictable.

:think: Well...I understand his reaction; Barbarian complimented me. This would of course make me a "target" in his sad little world. My post was totally self-explanatory but that's not what this is about. I'm sure you have seen the mind set I'm referring to here...I imagine it has a name but I don't know what it is. Countless children in schoolyards have seen it as well, demonstrated by their insecure little friends, who did not recieve enough affirming love from Daddy:

tumblr_lg5pgw9j9p1qh01w6o1_400.jpg

TomO will return and he may even take some time with a further explanation of his opinion but it would be 1. a waist of breath and 2. give you the opportunity to derail this thread and turn it into another of your pet rants (on Homosexuals or anti-Obama agenda).

I'm sure that will happen regardless. :chuckle: