toldailytopic: Why do liberals who claim to champion gay & women's rights defend Isla

rexlunae

I can't see all of this post, just what you quoted. Is he saying Barbarian acts like a homosexual and a woman? A Muslim and a liberal? I am confused.

I think that Lighthouse considers it shameful to be either a woman or gay, and so he figures saying that someone else is both of those things is a serious burn. It's seriously like being at the cafeteria in an elementary school.

Dena

I think that Lighthouse considers it shameful to be either a woman or gay, and so he figures saying that someone else is both of those things is a serious burn. It's seriously like being at the cafeteria in an elementary school.

Ah, gotcha.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Is that supposed to be some kind of insult?
Is it an insult to say a bisexual male acts like a woman, or a homosexual?

I mean, if there's nothing wrong with being a homo or undecided, then it isn't an insult, is it?

But since you assumed it was I assume you think it's wrong to be a queer, and for a man to act like a woman.

I can't see all of this post, just what you quoted. Is he saying Barbarian acts like a homosexual and a woman? A Muslim and a liberal? I am confused.
I was speaking of Quincy, as he is admittedly bisexual.

You lying bucket of scum. How dare you deface me with such libel.

In no way was there any indication that I believe it to be shameful to be a woman.

Ah, gotcha.
He has no idea of what he speaks.

it's shameful to be or act like a homosexual

and it's shameful for a man to act like a woman
Exactly!

Quote this for Dena, since she's apparently so scared of the truth she put me on ignore.

or a woman to act like a man.
Yup.

At least there are some things on which we can agree.

Clem

Liberals (and others) are Permissivarians, and Permissivarianism is full of holes.
The only things that Permissivarian hate is Limitarianism in their own back yard
attacking Permissivarianism as the 'source of all evil', which it is !!

You see Permissivarians want to be able to sin whenever they want to,
and perhaps they might not approve of 'big sins', like paedophilia,
but they think that by letting others do what they like (within 'reason'--within 'their {faulty} reasoning'),
then they will take their own ungodly behaviour 'off the radar'.

Last edited:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

Not everyone agrees on the definition of a sin, and not everyone believes in the concept of sin the way you might. We're a pluralistic constitutional republic, not a theocracy.

and perhaps they might not approve of 'big sins', like paedophilia,
but they think that by letting others do what they like (within 'reason'--within 'their {faulty} reasoning'),
then they will take their own ungodly behaviour 'off the radar'.

Letting others do what they like? Isn't that the whole idea of "don't tread on me?"

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Liberals (and others) are Permissivarians, and Permissivarianism is full of holes.
The only things that Permissivarian hate is Limitarianism in their own back yard
attacking Permissivarianism as the 'source of all evil', which it is !!

Not everyone agrees on the definition of a sin, and not everyone believes in the concept of sin the way you might. We're a pluralistic constitutional republic, not a theocracy.

Agreed ... for non-believers, sin is a religious transgression.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Agreed ... for non-believers, sin is a religious transgression.

And the rights of non-believing and other-believing citizens are equally as important as Christian citizens. Coincidentally, I came across this today:

More American voters than ever say they are not religious, making the religiously unaffiliated the nation's biggest voting bloc by faith for the first time in a presidential election year. This marks a dramatic shift from just eight years ago, when the non-religious were roundly outnumbered by Catholics, white mainline Protestants and white evangelical Protestants.

These numbers come from a new Pew Research Center survey, which finds that "religious 'nones,' who have been growing rapidly as a share of the U.S. population, now constitute one-fifth of all registered voters and more than a quarter of Democratic and Democratic-leaning registered voters." That represents a 50 percent increase in the proportion of non-religious voters compared with eight years ago, when they made up just 14 percent of the overall electorate.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...w-the-countrys-largest-religious-voting-bloc/