Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

toldailytopic: If you could do your life all over again? what would you do different?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clem
    replied
    I'd have been a school-refuser.
    I'd refuse one-to-one tuition too.
    I'd listen to no one who caused me cynicism, concern, consternation or confusion.
    I'd listen to know one who pretended to be okay.
    I'd spend all of my time looking for people in distress,
    and offering them my servitude.
    Last edited by Clem; July 15th, 2016, 05:48 PM. Reason: Minor errors.

Leave a comment:

• Krsto
    replied
    Originally posted by resurrected View Post
    nah - it's just a passing fad

It will never catch on
    Maybe I should give it more time before deciding whether to jump in?

Leave a comment:

• resurrected
    replied
    Originally posted by Krsto View Post
    I should have majored in computer science instead of Psychology. I think finances would not have been such a struggle all these years and would have been able to use my creative abilities. When I got a programming job in 1979 after a couple years of college and only having had one programming class at PLU I didn't realize where this computer thing was going and didn't stick with it. I've recently realized this thing is going somewhere and am getting into it late in life.
    nah - it's just a passing fad

It will never catch on

Leave a comment:

• Krsto
    replied
    I should have majored in computer science instead of Psychology. I think finances would not have been such a struggle all these years and would have been able to use my creative abilities. When I got a programming job in 1979 after a couple years of college and only having had one programming class at PLU I didn't realize where this computer thing was going and didn't stick with it. I've recently realized this thing is going somewhere and am getting into it late in life.

Leave a comment:

• This Charming Manc
    replied
    Lots, I think any man who doesn't is a fool.

What I would change depends on if you talk to the old man or the new man.

If you talk with the old man there are couple of girls I should of got more entangled with, if you talk with the new man there are a couple less.

There is the obviously sin less answers. But the big one is trust God more, earlier and fuller.

Leave a comment:

• Charity
    replied
    Originally posted by PureX View Post
    As an American, I just assume no one would go there, otherwise. Does anyone actually go there? Where is Australia, anyway?

We have a few Americans come here, Americas Nice,yes, why would you bother to come?
    I have been bought up to sing God "save" the queen an God 'defend" New zealand. Now I understand, It Makes sence, You Sing, God "Bless" America?

Leave a comment:

• Rusha
    replied
    Originally posted by StanJ53 View Post
    Well just to be clear, I LOVE my kids, but with hind sight being 20/20, I would NOT have married their mother. Should have listened to that 'still small voice' that warned me.

BUT, I L O V E my kids!
    Well, if I could step back in time, I would absolutely marry my ex again because, if it were not for him, I would not have been blessed with my two oldest children.

Leave a comment:

• PureX
    replied
    Originally posted by Nang View Post
    No, no . . . this one is good . . .

I have been blessed with the grace of God, and I wouldn't want to press His patience any further by trying to do things over!

That's an interesting take on it!

Leave a comment:

• Dena
    replied
    Originally posted by StanJ53 View Post
    Well just to be clear, I LOVE my kids, but with hind sight being 20/20, I would NOT have married their mother. Should have listened to that 'still small voice' that warned me.

BUT, I L O V E my kids!
    I'm guessing you are divorced?

Leave a comment:

• Nang
    replied
    No, no . . . this one is good . . .

I have been blessed with the grace of God, and I wouldn't want to press His patience any further by trying to do things over!

Leave a comment:

• lovemeorhateme
    replied
    Originally posted by Knight View Post
    The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for April 5th, 2013 05:00 AM

toldailytopic: If you could do your life all over again? what would you do different?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
    If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.
    The only thing that I would do differently is try harder in school. I failed school badly, not because I wasn't capable but because at the time I couldn't be bothered to try. Right now I'm in the situation I can't afford to go back and get the qualifications I need.

The reason why there is so little I would do differently is because I know that the person I am is the sum of my past experiences. I've learned from all of my past experiences - the good, the bad and the ugly. God has taken me from that and formed me into the person He wants me to be. If I'd lived life differently, I wonder what person I would have become?

Leave a comment:

• Cruciform
    replied
    Originally posted by Knight View Post
    If you could do your life all over again? what would you do different?
    Almost everything, with the exception of meeting my wife and having our kids---and, of course, all of this assumes that I would have a completely different personality!

I would do exceptionally in high school; earn awesome scholarships; attend Oxford University; write a novel before the age of twenty-five; save money from every paycheck I ever received in order to build a substantial savings at a relatively early age; exercise and eat well over the entire course of my life (this would really require a different personality), etc., etc., etc.

Getting older is a curse.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
    +T+

Leave a comment:

• Charity
    replied
    You need more than one, Obama can not cover the size of your land, your up against many borders! As to doing it again, The south may have been better to split?

Less to spoil! Wild land 21

Quick! Divide it up now!

Leave a comment:

• Town Heretic
    replied
    Originally posted by Charity View Post
    I notice that the net traffic threw this site is mostly From the Usa.
    Well, we had a lot of French here at one point, but they wouldn't talk to anyone else...the Brits have more important things to worry about, like dental insurance...we couldn't keep the Germans from posting in ALL CAPS so they had to go...Australians have the right sense of humor to make it here. I knew it the moment I saw what you people call bears.

Do Americans think that hosting other nations as friends is worth while.
    Americans are like Democrats or snowflakes without all the snow. What I mean is that it's nearly impossible to find two of us that actually think alike, at least when you start in on details, which bores half of us to begin with...

All our famous beings from down under tend to end up living on your famous soil! As feathers in your cap!
    Same thing with Canadians, though they mostly do it to escape the French among them and to live free, call bacon what it is, that sort of thing.

Over here where I live, the radio stations reminded us to extend a warm welcome to our international guests!
    Here they mostly remind us to stock up on ammo.

One of those in changeable things. As a person as a nation
    I love an optimist.

Leave a comment:

• StanJ53
    replied

BUT, I L O V E my kids!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X