Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

toldailytopic: Does a person need to go to church to be a Christian?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• toldailytopic: Does a person need to go to church to be a Christian?

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for February 15th, 2013 06:00 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
    If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.
    Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
    TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

no but you need to go to church to get better
    and
    you will get worse
    if
    you don't go
    a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

Comment

Originally posted by chrysostom View Post
      no but you need to go to church to get better
      and
      you will get worse
      if
      you don't go
      For me, I've tried it both ways and find that I am a more focused christian as I worship in the fellowship of the church. We follow an "Ordo" calendar or regular scripture reading and pondering and work our way through the bible.
      Also, I sing in the choir.
      I like the feeling of familiarity of attending the same church regularly and seeing the same faces and watching children grow up.
      In fact, I love my church!

Comment

I don't attend church regularly. I wish I could. But, I don't think it's necessary to go to church to be a Christian. Fellowshipping with other Christians helps to keep you strong in the faith, though. I do that somewhat regularly. We go out to lunch or dinner, discuss matters of faith, discuss everyday life, etc...
        They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings as eagles. -- Isaiah 40:31

Vegetarian - Indian word for lousy hunter

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Knight View Post
          The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for February 15th, 2013 06:00 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
          If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

This is a tricky question? It's like saying if you don't vote, you're not a politician.

Comment

Sent the Spammer's Wasteland by Inzl Kett

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums...0&postcount=19
            Last edited by Sherman; February 16th, 2013, 07:44 AM. Reason: Sent to Spammer's Wasteland

Comment

I rather label it 'assemble together' or 'go to assembly', rather than 'go to church'.
              Believers are 'the church/the eklesia/the called out'. Wherever they are, they are the church. It's good, satisfying, needful, edifying, and GOD glorifying, to meet together. We are not saved by assembling nor do we keep our salvation by assembling. Assembling is for fellowship, learning, ministering, and praising GOD. Sometimes....many times, it's difficult to find a group of believers with whom one feels peace to assemble with. We must simply do the best we can. Sometimes that means just meeting with one other person, sometimes several..... in the home, in the woods, in a corner, on a roof top, wherever.
              I spend four hours every Sunday night teaching in a county jail. The church is there. I find fellowship and feel/know I've missed something when, for some reason I miss it. I also meet with a group of men during the week for lengthy Bible study. Then there's Sunday morning, which most of the time doesn't satisfy like the other times.
              Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD[YHVH], that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
              Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he[the Branch] shall be called, THE LORD[YHVH] OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Comment

Absolutely not!

Church in Greek- ekklesia - called out.

the church is the people, not a location.

"Believers do not go to church,

they are the church." Rev. Mullins

oatmeal
                "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

"Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

Pro scripture = Protestant

Comment

It's important.

Matthew 18:20

"For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.”

Colossians 3:16
                  "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God."

Acts 2:1

"When the day of Pentecost arrived, they were all together in one place."

Etc etc etc
                  The very long history of Donald Trump's pro homosexual and transgender activism, before and during his Presidency, can be found on page 141, post # 2113 and #2114.
                  http://theologyonline.com/showthread...=1#post5336963
                  http://theologyonline.com/showthread...=1#post5336964

Comment

I can't think of any reason why they would.

Comment

This post sent to the spammers wasteland by Delmar.

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums...21#post3358421
                      Last edited by Delmar; February 15th, 2013, 02:22 PM.

Comment

A person who believes in God and Jesus Christ His Son, and has been born again, ought to have fellowship with others. "Going to church" provides an opportunity for this.

The need for fellowship.

Hebrews 10:24 and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds,

Hebrews 10:25 not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near.

Comment

does michael jackson have to sing to be michael jackson?

Comment

Christians should meet together.. in their homes.. not in churches built with money that is better suited to help the poor.

Comment

Does a fish have to swim in the sea to be fish?

Nope, but it is what a fish is meant to do....

does that make sense ?

NB. church is where two or three are gathered ....... not a building with a man in a frock
                              SJKW Extraordinaire

Comment

Working...
                              X