toldailytopic: What role do the angels have now? What kinds of things are they doing?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for October 24th, 2011 09:02 PM

toldailytopic: What role do the angels have now? What kinds of things are they doing?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think their role as compared to what we read in the Hebrew scripture is less. They acted as a go between for Israel and God. With the Lord Jesus Christ acting directly with Paul, that doesn't seem to be the case now. Maybe they do other things, I don't know. Meaning angels that didn't rebel, not the ones William and Janet converse with.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I basically have the same understanding as Nick. Angels were more involved 'apparently' with Israel.

When the LORD gathers the Church, Paul says 'the LORD 'Himself' will descend from heaven with a shout'. 1Th 4:16
At the Second coming, the LORD sends His angels to regather Israel. Mat 24:31

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
- Help believers in general (Heb. 1:14).
- Involved in answering prayer (Acts 12:7).
- Give encouragement (Acts 27:23-24).
- Ministering (Heb. 1:14; Matt. 18:10).
- Observe Christians' experiences (I Cor. 4:9; I Tim 5:21).
- Interested in evangelistic efforts (Luke 15:10; Acts 8:26).
- Care for believers at death (Luke 16:22; Jude 9).
- Bring punishment to unbelievers (Acts 12:23).

AMR

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

AMR
Do you honestly think they do all of these things now?

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
I think their role as compared to what we read in the Hebrew scripture is less. They acted as a go between for Israel and God. With the Lord Jesus Christ acting directly with Paul, that doesn't seem to be the case now. Maybe they do other things, I don't know. Meaning angels that didn't rebel, not the ones William and Janet converse with.

You don't think spiritual warfare happens?

SaulToPaul 2

The Apostle Paul, our apostle, mentions angels several times but rarely in a positive light. I think they are just watching the Mystery unfold, and are learning.

sky.

BANNED
Banned

AMR

Do you honestly think they do all of these things now?

Does the Bible say that they stopped doing these things?

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Believers immortality is equal to the angels. Angels are immortal.

Luke 20:35-36

35 But those who are counted worthy to attain that age, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage; 36 nor can they die anymore, for they are equal to the angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You don't think spiritual warfare happens?

Daily on TOL.

2 Corinthians 11

13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light. 15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.

Dont' forget, the Hollywood portrayal or even casual views and things from artwork are wrong. The bible tells us things. And sometimes we don't know what in certain cases. But back to my point. Satan isn't demonic looking as portrayed by almost everybody. He was an annointed cherub, and described as a seal of perfection full of beauty. Bit of a rabbit trail, I know.

Take for example this.

Job 1

6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came among them. 7 And the LORD said to Satan, “From where do you come?”
So Satan answered the LORD and said, “From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking back and forth on it.”

The kind of warfare I hear Pat Robertson and John Haggee talk about I don't go for. Paul spoke of it, but just how much of a battle and what kind, I don't know.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Has Gods "supernatural" unseen realm ended?

Some parts certainly have.

Galatians 1:8

8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed.

elected4ever

What we need to remember is that they are God's Angles and not ours to command.

As far as spiritual warfare is concerned I believe that a warfare is going on that you and I know little of nothing about. If it were not for angles doing the will of God this whole world would have been destroyed already.

Why is it that we must see to believe? I don't think the role of angles has diminished. Just because we can't see into the spiritual realm doesn't mean it is not there. Remember it was only on occasion that angles were seen. That is the exception and not the rule.