toldailytopic: Apple releases the new iPhone. Thoughts?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I am a die hard Apple fan and all the computing products I have ever owned were Apple. I suffered through until OS X. I really wanted an Iphone but, I don't use the phone enough to justify the plan's cost on any of the carriers (usually about $70 to $80/mo). I use the T-mobile pay as you go method and change the plan as needed and ran into a deal on a brand new HTC 4g phone (Mytouch 4g for T-mobile) that I just plugged my SIM card in, and I was off to the races. I use the phone rarely still but for $30/mo I get 1500 min talk/text + a limited amount of download or when I am traveling I bump that to the $50/mo unlimited talk, text, and web so, though I really wanted the Iphone, I will wait until I can find one that is plug and play for T-mobile with no contract just as I have now. The Android OS phone is also a really nice phone, very powerful and until Iphones are available for T-mobile it will do very nicely.
My iPhone is far more than a phone for me. It's a mobile extension of my Mac.

Not only is the iPhone the best phone I have ever owned it's one of the best computers I have ever owned. This device is rock solid. Rarely if ever crashes, and has amazing functionality.

And as a bonus the iPhone is also a great: Still camera, video camera, mp3 player, game console, video streaming device, ibook reader, and about a million other things.

zoo22

My iPhone is far more than a phone for me. It's a mobile extension of my Mac.

Not only is the iPhone the best phone I have ever owned it's one of the best computers I have ever owned. This device is rock solid. Rarely if ever crashes, and has amazing functionality.

I'd just been thinking that same thing the past week or so... That my iPhone is one of the best computers I've ever had. And (as you have), I've used a lot of good computers. But I think the iPhone has really been the most helpful computer/device I've ever owned. It does what it does incredibly well (and it does quite a lot), and it's remarkably helpful in my day-to-day life.

Holy Moses

I have the 3Gs and was hoping this would be my upgrade. Thanks Apple for saving my family a few hundred bucks! Maybe in June if they come out with more that I can justify getting us a few new iPhones.

The new Nanos look awesome!

pqmomba8

Ye[, the revolution has arrived - OMG, Voice to Text!!!! (Something that the Android phones have had literally for years. I can't remember the last time I actually TYPED when texting or composing an e-mil.) Appleboys REJOICE!! :) BTW, how about the fact that you need iTunes just to synch your POS iPhone with your computer. What's up with that? And have you tried developing apps for it? Android SDK BLOWS the Apple "App Extender" away! Aye, aye, aye!

zippy2006

Try rooting a Droid product and an Apple product and then get back to me. LOL. ALL HAIL (THE OPEN / TOTALLY MODIFIABLE) ANDROID PLATFORM!!!!

I'd take an Andriod phone over an iphone any day of the week, but to say that Andriod is really open just isn't true.

And have you tried developing apps for it? Android SDK BLOWS the Apple "App Extender" away! Aye, aye, aye!

What's the "app extender"? The iOS SDK is fine; the SDK's are pretty comparable. xCode 4 helped a lot. :idunno:

:e4e:

HisServant

Ye[, the revolution has arrived - OMG, Voice to Text!!!! (Something that the Android phones have had literally for years. I can't remember the last time I actually TYPED when texting or composing an e-mil.) Appleboys REJOICE!! :) BTW, how about the fact that you need iTunes just to synch your POS iPhone with your computer. What's up with that? And have you tried developing apps for it? Android SDK BLOWS the Apple "App Extender" away! Aye, aye, aye!

I've been using voice to text for 2 years on my Galaxy S... not to mention that on the road it syncs up flawlessly with my Parrot car cradle for voice dialing, etc.

andyc

The new Nanos look awesome!

Surely they can't be out already?

I almost got the new iphone but instead I went for an Ipod classic and samsung galaxy s2. The galaxy absolutely blows away the iphone 4, but I haven't seen the 4s yet.