toldailytopic: Why did God create animals?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for August 11th, 2011 09:47 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
As companions.
As help to work the land.
As transportation.
As works of art.
As dinner.

elohiym

Pets or meat. :chew:

Oh yeah, and so that it was possible for man to have dominion over the earth, necessitating an ecosystem.

:cheers:

The Berean

I'd like to ask an offshoot question. What duty, if any, does man have in "protecting" animals? :think:

Ps82

Why did he create light, color, angels, and anything appearing or invisible? First - cause He wanted to.

BUT, who is man that God regarded him? Now, that's an interesting question.
According to Gen.1 God seems to have already thought of angelic beings and he considered the plants and so forth that he would be manifesting... so, was man just an after thought or a key part of a huge plan?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'd like to ask an offshoot question. What duty, if any, does man have in "protecting" animals? :think:
I would say we have a duty to protect animals so that they are always around to be with us....

As companions.
As transportation.
As works of art.
As dinner.

Ps82

We had to evolve from something. :eek:

:D

I'm beginning to believe in evolution - at least - evolution for some higher beings ... while not all.

Joking, of course!
But the thought, at times, does cross my pondering mind when I see people acting like the lower animals.

The Berean

I would say we have a duty to protect animals so that they are always around to be with us....

As companions.
As transportation.
As works of art.
As dinner.

A good point. :D Lets say as man keeps expanding it's cities and certain species go extinct. Should mankind make effort to not allow this to happen? A great deal of time, effort, and money was put forth to save the California Condor from extinction. In 1987 the remaining 27 wild California Condors were captured and placed in the Los Angeles and San Diego zoos. A captive breeding program was instituted and in 1991 the new young condors were released into the wild. As of today there are 394 California Condors with 181 in the wild. This conservation program was the most expensive conservation program ever. Was this the right thing to do?

Last edited:

IXOYE

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for August 11th, 2011 09:47 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

So steak sauce wouldn't go to waste.

Also so we could have oil to make the left wing politicans angry.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
A good point. :D Lets say as man keeps expanding it's cities and certain species go extinct. Should mankind make effort to not allow this to happen? A great deal of time, effort, and money was put forth to save the California Condor for extinction. In 1987 the remaining 27 wild California Condors were captured and placed in the Los Angeles and San Diego zoos. A captive breeding program was instituted and in 1991 the new young condors were released into the wild. As of today there are 394 California Condors with 181 in the wild. This conservation program was the most expensive conservation program ever. Was this the right thing to do?

no

Ps82

God allowed the dinosaurs to go extinct ...
After the fall and death entered the world, then God allowed people to eat animals and even chose their sacrifice as a foreshadow to his future sacrifice of his own son...

I think pre-the fall ... it's quite possible that God had a totally different environment for men and animals and ideas about life ... but once death entered the world and all living things died anyway ... then the short mortal life may not have been as big a deal as the promised eternal life that is yet to come.

Me... I'm counting on animals being in heaven ... and I even pray over road kill. I know that little dead creature was a mother's baby ... or a mom or dad of little ones. I'd say stop eating meat, but our economy is already in enough trouble.

And it does taste good.

some other dude

A good point. :D Lets say as man keeps expanding it's cities and certain species go extinct. Should mankind make effort to not allow this to happen? A great deal of time, effort, and money was put forth to save the California Condor for extinction. In 1987 the remaining 27 wild California Condors were captured and placed in the Los Angeles and San Diego zoos. A captive breeding program was instituted and in 1991 the new young condors were released into the wild. As of today there are 394 California Condors with 181 in the wild. This conservation program was the most expensive conservation program ever. Was this the right thing to do?

:think: What else might that money have been spent on?

starvation1.jpg