toldailytopic: Should the USA release photo's of Osama Bin Laden's dead body?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for May 3rd, 2011 07:38 PM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I think a raw photo would put all the nut job conspiracy theories to rest. If no proof is provided then the rumour mill will continue to grow. Best to keep a photographic record. That is something our soldiers are trained to do nowadays.

Omega39

I'm not sure. :idunno:

I believe that the United States should release photos of Osama bin Laden's dead body for official closure for every 9/11 victim who lost loved ones, every soldier who volunteered to fight in the War on Terror, and every proud American who have waited for justice to be served and liberty to be perserved. :FrankiE:

In addition, this would quiet those (especially Trump [potentially if he hasn't yet :sozo2:]) who already came up or will come up with conspiracies that may feint the American people from other issues that are higher on the To-Do List that need to be done.

The bad thing is that, if these photos are released, I'm afraid that this will be another catalyst for al-Qaeda to increase their terrorist activities in the Middle East and around the globe. But then again, wasn't the assassination of their leader, and his improper burial (according to Islam) already enough to get terrorists enraged and bloodthirsty?

In conclusion, I don't know whether or not they should be released. It seems the pros outweigh the cons (for now anyway, but I'd appreicate more theories :upright:).

As of this moment, I see this issue as a double-edged sword, but I wouldn't mind if TOL "blacksmiths" point out to me that it isn't :)ha:).

Squishes

What makes you think a photo would squash the conspiracy theorists? There are still people who think Obama forged his birth certificate (WND), we didn't land on the moon and that dinosaurs lived with people; if someone thinks the US government did something shady, they would continue to believe it after the photo.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
What makes you think a photo would squash the conspiracy theorists? There are still people who think Obama forged his birth certificate (WND), we didn't land on the moon and that dinosaurs lived with people; if someone thinks the US government did something shady, they would continue to believe it after the photo.

Exactly...nothing to be gained by the release of this/these photo(s).....great potential for loss. :plain:

Dena

Probably not. It won't convince anyone who doesn't want to be convinced and it could cause issues.

Quincy

How is this going to cause problems when they do it? They are going to do it, they've already said they would, to some extent.

Anyways, I'd personally like to see it. Not because I think they are lying but I'd actually like to see it. :idunno: , I woke up one day, 19 years old and set watching buildings collapsing and hearing of bodies falling through the air to their death to escape the inferno. Streets I walked on not 6 months prior to the event, now a warzone. I'd very much like to see what they did to this man.

Omega39

You make a decent point, but I believe that it would persuade conspiracists with common sense to drop the issue and focus on more important ones.

Benjamin Franklin once said that death and taxes are certain in the world. I think he forgot to also mention nut job conspiracists.

Status
Not open for further replies.