toldailytopic: The Royal wedding are you interested in it? How about the idea of a ro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for April 26th, 2011 09:37 AM

toldailytopic: The Royal wedding are you interested in it? How about the idea of a royal family in general?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Samstarrett

I'm a monarchist to the end, with Loyalist leanings for America. That said, I don't think I'll watch the royal wedding. It sounds rather boring. Nevertheless, I wish His Royal Highness and his future bride all the best.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
I hope that all goes well for the wedding. It would be a tragedy if terrorists interrupted the festivities. People need something to celebrate in these difficult times and marriage is a good thing to celebrate.

As for myself, I wont watch the big event but I will watch the video clips later.

Cricket

One of my mates was invited, but turned it down because of a match he had to play. Then he got himself injured. :noid:

MrRadish

I really really couldn't care less. I wish people would stop waxing all 'patriotic' and putting Union flags everywhere, though. It's in very bad taste.

Quincy

I couldn't care less about it and quite frankly I'm tired of hearing Americans talk about these people. I could understand if you lived in a country that is part of the UK, but seriously, what the heck American people?

Samstarrett

I couldn't care less about it and quite frankly I'm tired of hearing Americans talk about these people. I could understand if you lived in a country that is part of the UK, but seriously, what the heck American people?

Monarchy is fascinating. :idunno:

Skavau

How is that in bad taste?

The waving of our flag is viewed differently here in the UK than in the USA. It is often associated with nationalist movements and a nauseating unquestioning patriotism.

We're not remotely as patriotic as many Americans are.

Status
Not open for further replies.