toldailytopic: If you knew your last meal would be tomorrow night, what would you hav

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for March 1st, 2011 11:04 AM

toldailytopic: If you knew your last meal would be tomorrow night, what would you have on the menu?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Clam Chowder appetizer

Prime Rib and lobster, sauteed mushrooms
Seasoned curly fries

bybee

Clam Chowder appetizer

Prime Rib and lobster, sauteed mushrooms
Seasoned curly fries

I'd have roast beef, gravy and mashed potatoes, asparagus, slices of fresh tomato and then, warm tapioca pudding with whipped cream.
I'm drooling at the thought!

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'd have roast beef, gravy and mashed potatoes, asparagus, slices of fresh tomato and then, warm tapioca pudding with whipped cream.

After reading your post I am reminded of what I forgot ... dessert.

After dinner, I will have two Mai Tais and a shot of butterscotch schnapps.

Much better! :)

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

:chuckle: My daughter would agree with your choice.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Chocolate layer cake (with chocolate chips mixed in) with caramel filling, no nuts and butter cream frosting with ice cold milk fresh from the cow - no processing at all. Mmmm

(A meal like that may just be why its my last meal!!)

Granite

Hall of Fame
Opus One, 1995-1999; unlimited number of bottles
Oysters on the half shell
Caesar salad, prepared tableside
Bone marrow
Filet mignon, rare, with gorgonzola crumbles
Sauteed mushrooms
Sorbet
NY-style cheesesake
Coffee with Jameson

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm thinking...

Sauteed mushrooms for an appetizer. Then a thick prime rib with horseradish and au jus sauce. A lobster tail with butter for dipping.

Finish off with a hot chocolate brownie, vanilla ice cream drizzled with hot fudge sauce.

And then.... a Padron Anniversario 1964 cigar.

bybee

After reading your post I am reminded of what I forgot ... dessert.

After dinner, I will have two Mai Tais and a shot of butterscotch schnapps.

Much better! :)

Yes, and I forgot drinks. McGarvey's Colombian Supremo coffee freshly ground with a large dollop of whipped cream.

Arthur Brain

A traditional English fry up: Bacon, sausages, fried bread, mushrooms, black pudding, grilled tomatoes, baked beans, hash browns and 3 fried eggs with English mustard and ketchup, accompanied with enough Stella Artois to die of alcohol poisoning...

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
If you knew your last meal would be tomorrow night, what would you have on the menu?

:think: Well, I know what wouldn't: antacid.

Filet mignon, a one pound stuffed baked potato, a camp salad from Felix's, along with an order of their hush puppies...and a slab of home made key lime pie.

Or, what I ate yesterday. :eek: For the wife's birthday, mind you. :chew:

Mr.Razorblades

Opus One, 1995-1999; unlimited number of bottles
Oysters on the half shell
Caesar salad, prepared tableside
Bone marrow
Filet mignon, rare, with gorgonzola crumbles
Sauteed mushrooms
Sorbet
NY-style cheesesake
Coffee with Jameson

Wow, superb. I would substitute the oysters with sweet potato frites seasoned with kosher salt, and specify that the bone marrow be buffalo bone marrow. Other than that, your choices are making me very hungry.

red cardinal

Pizza - deep dish - black olives, fresh tomatoes, pineapple, and mushrooms. Hold the meat. Banana Split for desert with hot fudge, not that cheap choc syrup gunk - oh and cherries instead of strawberries - lots and lots of whipped cream, nuts and cherries on top! The dream lives on ... :surf:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I like country fried steak and eggs! Since it's my last meal could I get country fried veal? Also I was going to ask for gravy on my hash browns but, since I'm being picky, I think I'll go with mashed potatoes with the same gravy they put on the veal! Five farm fresh eggs, over easy (they should be from my own chickens) and rye toast. To drink I'll have coffee and raw milk straight from the farm. Better bring a gallon of the milk, just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.