Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

toldailytopic: Which book in the Bible speaks to you the most?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• toldailytopic: Which book in the Bible speaks to you the most?

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for February 21st, 2011 11:53 AM

toldailytopic: Which book in the Bible speaks to you the most?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
    If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.
    Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
    TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

I have spent more time on Revelation than all the rest combined
    a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

Comment

Originally posted by chrysostom View Post
      I have spent more time on Revelation than all the rest combined
      That explains a lot.

Comment

Romans directly speaks to the body of Christ therefore that is the book that speaks most directly to me in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Knight View Post
          That explains a lot.

More and more I think Revelation should be only rarely focused on.

Comment

Romans is the letter that lays the foundation for the Body of Christ. It is the letter by which all other writings are to be evaluated concerning the Gospel that Jesus gave Paul for the church. I consider all things in the light of Romans.

Comment

Toss-up between Job & Jonah.
              Destroy another fetus now, we don't like children anyhow, I've seen the future baby......... It is Murder.
              ~Leonard Cohen

sigpic

“If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
              ~Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

II Corinthians
                Funny how threads morph.

For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him." ~ Paul

"You should never wave to someone you don't know. What if he doesn't have a hand? Then he'll just think you're being cocky!" ~Mitch Hedberg

__.._

Comment

Luke-Acts. They belong together, so I hope that gets me off the hook for mentioning two If I had to choose among those two, I would choose the gospel of Luke.
                  "By the tender mercy of our God, the dawn from on high will break upon us to give light to those who sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace." (Luke 1:78-79)

The Light Eternal, breaking through,
                  the world to gleam anew;
                  His beams have pierced the core of night,
                  He makes us children of the light.

-Martin Luther

Comment

Originally posted by kmoney
                    More and more I think Revelation should be only rarely focused on.
                    Seriously.
                    When I was a teen I made it my mission to "decode" the whole thing, especially after my dad suggested that many of the images (horses shooting fire and burning sulfur from their mouths, to name one) could be modern technology described using a very limited vocabulary.

...as I've gotten older, I've realized that no one has all the answers, which unfortunately doesn't prevent squabbling among Christians who think this or that part "obviously" means what they say it means.

I'm not sure if I'd say a particular book of the Bible "speaks" to me more than others, but in dealing with people on TOL God keeps bringing me back to James 1:19-20.
                    “In many ways the evidence of our faith is found in our ability to control our tongue (or our keyboard)."
                    -Adam Hamilton

“Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
                    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Originally posted by chickenman View Post
                      II Corinthians
                      Interesting choice. What makes you choose that?

Comment

I agree with Knight and Ghost.....Romans is the hub.

Concerning the Revelation of Christ thru John, one can only understand it in light of the whole of scripture, especially GOD's plans for Israel as distinct from the Church.
                        Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD[YHVH], that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
                        Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he[the Branch] shall be called, THE LORD[YHVH] OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzword View Post
                          Seriously.
                          When I was a teen I made it my mission to "decode" the whole thing, especially after my dad suggested that many of the images (horses shooting fire and burning sulfur from their mouths, to name one) could be modern technology described using a very limited vocabulary.

...as I've gotten older, I've realized that no one has all the answers, which unfortunately doesn't prevent squabbling among Christians who think this or that part "obviously" means what they say it means.

I'm not sure if I'd say a particular book of the Bible "speaks" to me more than others, but in dealing with people on TOL God keeps bringing me back to James 1:19-20.
                          I agree. I just think trying to decode and figure out Revelation with all the obscure imagery, etc. and figuring out who the anti-Christ is, etc. just creates confusion and strife. Forget the End Times and focus on the here and now.

And I know you were just answering the daily topic but...I also enjoy James.

Comment

Matthew, 1 John, Romans, 1 Corinthians... can't pick one.
                            "Haven't seen the back of us yet..."

Comment

I'm gonna be original here and say Romans. An in depth study of Romans brought me to Christ(I used to say back to Christ, but I don't believe I was saved until said study), and Romans is where I have my brain workouts!

Also, 1st Corinthians is amazing...

**edit: and 1 John!

**edit to that edit- and Psalms.
                              Trust those that seek the truth, but doubt those that say they have found it.

Comment

Working...
                              X