toldailytopic: Are public school teachers paid well enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

some other dude

The man spit on was a veteran of the Civil rights movement, and hardly one to lie.

Riight. Because we all know that the likes of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton never lie, right? I mean after all, if he was a veteran of the Civil Rights movement, that means he's incapable of lying, right? lol

Oh silly Barbie. You're so easy.

Here - decide for yourself:

Spit

Lon

I don't know about this. If you want schools to improve, give building administrators more power because they are in the loop, as apposed to changed handed down from above by legislators that know nothing.
Yes, but ultimately you want to get this decision into the hands of the teachers. If their building admin is excellent, sure. If not, the mistake is handed down through the entire school and as Barbarian said, it impacts quality education of those exceptional teachers. The best approach I've seen is where proactive administrators find funds to pay teachers for coop sessions once a day or week.
The kids go to their options like Library/music/PE/Lunch/Recess/Reading(etc.) while the teachers pow wow a session on "what is pertient this week." When a team of teachers are able to set daily/weekly goals, good stuff gets done. If teachers had the power to transfere teachers not on board with their team goals, it helps get some of those teachers who are going through motions into other needed areas where they can serve their term out.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Conservative Black American are cheer by Tea Party members ... I've seen it and I've done it. One of my favorite Tea Party speakers is Herman Cain ... you may be hearing more about him this year and 2012.

But here's the reality:
SACRAMENTO – Citing the importance of the taxpayer movement in California, California Republican Party Chairman Ron Nehring today strongly condemned the use of anti-Semitic material used to promote the recent April 15 TEA party in San Mateo County.

“The taxpayer movement is incredibly important for California, and we applaud the success of the tea parties that took place across the state on April 15. Because we remain intensely interested in the growth and success of the mainstream taxpayer movement, we strongly condemn the use of anti-Semitic imagery in the promotion of the recent event in San Mateo County.
http://www.ibabuzz.com/politics/2009/04/20/california-gop-slaps-san-mateo-tea-party-organizers/

Here's a nice one found at a recent tea party:
obamanative.jpg

racist-sign2.jpg

You are speaking of a FEW in order to slander the multitude.

I pointed out that the Obama-haters were the worst of the pack. I would feel better if the rest of you would clean the scum out.

Denial will just convince many people that you don't want to do that.

some other dude

Barbie said:
I pointed out that the Obama-haters were the worst of the pack. I would feel better if the rest of you would clean the scum out.

Denial will just convince many people that you don't want to do that.

Isn't it interesting that you willingly take this stance wrt an organization whose goals you do not share, but that you are so blind to the internal problems in your own organization?

yeshuaslavejeff

I hesitate selecting links that I'm unsure about. Don't know enough about computer safety to feel sure that my lap top is safe from viruses... and it is working so well lately.

Very Good Reason to see the daily topic -
with a micro product several hours a week was
needed every week for a year (auto or manual) to
prevent, fight, eliminate or deal with viruses worms etc etc etc....
in
the last 2 years with a mac os 4 tiger, NOT EVEN ONE MINUTE has been needed to deal with viruses. not one dollar, no worries at all with viruses worms etc etc etc...
this is the common and usual experience
and
with almost any mac the last 8 years it is possible to run all micro products NATIVE (same as if on windows machine, but without the problems) and faster.

yeshuaslavejeff

Isn't it interesting that you willingly take this stance wrt an organization whose goals you do not share, but that you are so blind to the internal problems in your own organization?

just look at all of the groups on tol ! they all act that way.....
there is not one group, no , not one, that is 'safe' nor 'right'
except for the group
that is not a group - those who expose the lie in any group because
anyone who
trust in man or in man's group is doooom- ed.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned

If you mean public schools, I'm deeply concerned about a number of trends that are being touted as new ideas, but have failed in the past. Scripting is one; it's failed to work in Japan, and is threatening their position in math and technology. Another is recruiting non-teachers for administrative positions. American industry went through that in the 70s. Remember when they said you didn't have to know anything about your business to be a good manager in it?

If you mean about the problems with sexual molestation in churches, what really got you angry was that I acknowledged the problems and what to do about them. And of course, your discovery that the problem is even greater for your side.

You even challenged me to show it was true in your denomination, but of course, when asked, you were too ashamed to tell us what it is.

some other dude

If you mean public schools

No, I didn't mean public schools.

If you mean about the problems with sexual molestation in churches, what really got you angry was that I acknowledged the problems and what to do about them

I'm still unsure why you keep claiming that I'm angry when I have assured you that I'm not.

Are you feebleminded? Maybe a little, um?

And as for the corruption in your church, all the way to the top, I find it ironic that you would "feel better if the rest of you (tea-partyers) would clean the scum out" when the scum you are discussing are those fringe elements who use language that offends you, yet you don't call for the same house cleaning in your own organization (the Catholic Church) whose sins are those of child molestation, homosexual rape, enabling the same and covering up the crimes.

When it comes to language that offends you, you call for a cleaning out.

When it comes to breaking the law and raping children, you don't.

Some might find that hypocritical.

. And of course, your discovery that the problem is even greater for your side.

You keep making that claim, but when challenged to present even one case to support your claim, you failed.

You even challenged me to show it was true in your denomination, but of course, when asked, you were too ashamed to tell us what it is.

You have made the assumption that it was true in "my denomination". It's up to you to prove your assumption.

So far you have failed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.