Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

toldailytopic: The last year of your life. You have 365 days to live, what types of t

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • toldailytopic: The last year of your life. You have 365 days to live, what types of t

    The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for November 10th, 2009 08:14 AM


    toldailytopic: The last year of your life. You have 365 days to live, what types of things will you do in your final year on earth?






    Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
    If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.
    Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
    TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

  • #2
    Eat all the Twinkies I could ever want to eat!
    fidelis usque ad mortem

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by chatmaggot View Post
      Eat all the Twinkies I could ever want to eat!
      Good one! For me it would be McDonald's and KFC.

      I might also travel around to see all the historical sites I've been wanting to visit... but of course there will have to be a McDonald's or a KFC close by.
      "Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God." - Thomas Jefferson

      "The Hand of providence has been so conspicuous in all this, that he must be worse than an infidel that lacks faith, and more than wicked, that has not gratitude enough to acknowledge his obligations." - George Washington

      "What is faith? Is it to believe that which is evident? No. It is perfectly evident to my mind that there exists a necessary, eternal, supreme, and intelligent being. This is no matter of faith, but of reason." - Voltaire

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by DocJohnson View Post
        Good one! For me it would be McDonald's and KFC.

        I might also travel around to see all the historical sites I've been wanting to visit... but of course there will have to be a McDonald's or a KFC close by.
        If you wanted to see the Pyramids of Egypt you are in luck. When you are standing on the Giza Plateau...staring at the ancient monuments known throughout the world...if you simply turn around...you will see...get this...Colonel Sander's and a KFC.

        And that is the truth.

        It felt kind of weird standing there looking at the Sphinx knowing right behind me I could order a 6-piece fried chicken combo with mashed potatoes and gravy and a biscuit.

        However...seeing them is pretty amazing.
        Last edited by chatmaggot; November 10th, 2009, 10:20 AM.
        fidelis usque ad mortem

        Comment


        • #5
          It has been a long time, but if I remember correctly, the McDonald's at the Grand Canyon is very expensive.

          Comment


          • #6
            First things first I'd travel...

            To the Rockies.

            To Ireland. Visit the ancestral homestead.

            To Phoenix--the wife's cousin leaves out that way.

            England. Always wanted to visit the cousins on the other side of the pond.




            Comment


            • #7
              thinking about something like this is a waste of time

              we should be ready to die tomorrow

              but

              live today as if we have many years to live
              a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Delmar View Post
                It has been a long time, but if I remember correctly, the McDonald's at the Grand Canyon is very expensive.
                Well, I can't take my money with me when I die, so...
                "Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God." - Thomas Jefferson

                "The Hand of providence has been so conspicuous in all this, that he must be worse than an infidel that lacks faith, and more than wicked, that has not gratitude enough to acknowledge his obligations." - George Washington

                "What is faith? Is it to believe that which is evident? No. It is perfectly evident to my mind that there exists a necessary, eternal, supreme, and intelligent being. This is no matter of faith, but of reason." - Voltaire

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Knight View Post
                  The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for November 10th, 2009 08:14 AM


                  toldailytopic: The last year of your life. You have 365 days to live, what types of things will you do in your final year on earth?
                  I'd have to hang out with David Letterman and a whole lot of canned corn. There's a man who can appreciate a can of corn...or laughter...or forgetting. (extra points for the literary reference).

                  That's a good week. I'll get back to you on the rest.

                  Originally posted by chatmaggot View Post
                  ...It felt kind of weird standing there looking at the Sphinx knowing right behind me I could order a 6-piece fried chicken combo with mashed potatoes and gravy and a biscuit.

                  However...seeing them is pretty amazing.
                  I know just what you mean. I could stare at that combo all day long...or until I got hungry.
                  You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

                  Pro-Life






                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Spend it with my kids. Probably start smoking again (I know me too well)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Knight View Post
                      The last year of your life. You have 365 days to live, what types of things will you do in your final year on earth?
                      1. Buy every gun I ever wanted.

                      2. Get plenty of range time for about 2-3 months.

                      3. Declare war on the social extablishment and go out in the same manner Yukio Mishima did.

                      4. Meet up with Mishima in Valhallah and fight and party til Ragnarok come!
                      "When you realize what a joke everything is being the comedian is the only thing that makes any sense" - Edward Blake

                      "A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." - Nietzsche

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Punisher1984 View Post
                        1. Buy every gun I ever wanted.

                        2. Get plenty of range time for about 2-3 months.

                        3. Declare war on the social extablishment and go out in the same manner Yukio Mishima did.

                        4. Meet up with Mishima in Valhallah and fight and party til Ragnarok come!
                        What? You couldn't think of anything exciting to do with your final year on the planet?
                        "Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God." - Thomas Jefferson

                        "The Hand of providence has been so conspicuous in all this, that he must be worse than an infidel that lacks faith, and more than wicked, that has not gratitude enough to acknowledge his obligations." - George Washington

                        "What is faith? Is it to believe that which is evident? No. It is perfectly evident to my mind that there exists a necessary, eternal, supreme, and intelligent being. This is no matter of faith, but of reason." - Voltaire

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I'd spend the time with my children and mother.
                          A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man
                          we can trust with nuclear weapons.

                          Bill Clinton






                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I had a friend who went through this. He died a week ago.

                            After that, this thread looks pretty dumb to me.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Probably travel a lot most of the year and then end it spending time with family/friends.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X