ECT Hades / The Grave

WeberHome

According to Luke 16:22, angels provided Lazarus' transporation to Abraham's location.

The Bible doesn't say who, or what, provided the rich man's transportation, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the rider on the pallid horse mentioned in post No.91 had something to do with it.
_

way 2 go

Dude, either tell me what point you're trying to make or let it go. Simply quoting a scripture verse does not make your point any clearer.

you do not believe Moses or the prophets about hell and
are not persuaded by Jesus that there is a hell ,
you won't hear me about hell

Luk 16:28 for I have five brothers, so that he may testify to them, lest they also come into this place of torment.
Luk 16:29 Abraham said to him, They have Moses and the Prophets, let them hear them.
Luk 16:30 And he said, No, father Abraham, but if one should go to them from the dead, they would repent.
Luk 16:31 And he said to him, If they do not hear Moses and the Prophets, they will not be persuaded, even though one rose from the dead.

Aimiel

I find that kind of stuff fascinating, and I myself own the book "23 minutes in hell". Unfortunately I've since come to believe that these authors, though they honestly believe what they're writing, are recounting their own imagination, not actual events.
Same here, but while reading the forward in, "Divine Revelation of Hell," The Lord impressed upon me that she wrote the truth about what happened.

Aimiel

Do you really think you will never die? Haven't all the saints before you died? Or are you referring to something else?
I know that I won't die: since Jesus promised. He's yet to be caught in a lie. I have to attribute how that works to the fact that God's Mystery has not yet been revealed. We don't know what happens or how it works when someone passes from this life into the next. Personally: I believe that believers are handled differently than non-believers. I don't believe in a purgatory; I believe that God knows whose names are in His Book of Life and when they pass, they are in His Presence. Those who are subject to death are also subject to hell, until Judgment Day when they'll be cast alive into the Lake of Fire to be tormented for eternity. Jesus told the thief next to Him that on that very day he would be with Jesus in Paradise. If it were purgatory: He would have said that. He didn't.

Aimiel

Do you think it's possible that when Jesus said we would do greater things than these, that he was talking about the things we would do after our resurrection and inheritance of the new earth?
No. Who would be doing exploits (miracles) for The Lord while in His Presence? We're going to study in Heaven, to learn more about The Lord, we're going to be rewarded according to our works but miracles won't be necessary. He was talking about believers taking ahold of His Words. He has all Power and Authority in Heaven and in earth. He's given us that power. We are to subdue all of His enemies using His Name and His Authority. He is The Power. His is the Glory. We merely need to learn to make use of what He's given. It pleases Him to give us The Kingdom. We have His Power of Attorney. We are His Ambassadors. We need to grasp that fully and walk in That Power. As God reveals these things to His Body it will take place.

WeberHome

Jonah took ship from Joppa to travel to the city of Tarshish (Jonah 1:3). That city's exact location is contested; but I think most folk would agree that it lay somewhere in the direction of Spain. Anyway we can at least be pretty sure that Jonah's rendezvous with the big fish took place in the Mediterranean Sea.

Jonah's preaching was very successful in Nineveh; and Jesus specifically credited the prophet's success to his experience with the fish. (Matt 12:39-41)

Well the thing is; Nineveh's ruins are eleven miles north of Mosul Iraq, which itself is roughly 406 miles inland from the Mediterranean Sea as the crow flies. So my question is: How were the Ninevites aware that Jonah was a man back from dead if the city didn't actually observed him come ashore from the fish's mouth?

Somehow, in some way, the people of Nineveh were aware that Jonah survived drowning and digestion in a fish's tummy; a survival that could only be explained by an honest-to-gosh miracle. So when Jonah went round about the city threatening it with destruction; nobody mocked, nobody jested, and nobody poked fun-- instead, everybody got really scared; including their king, and as everybody familiar with the book of Nahum knows, the citizens of Nineveh were a really brutal people not easily intimidated.

This all tells me that Jonah's experience with the fish wasn't a contingency. It was in the plan all along, though the prophet likely didn't know it, because God needed something very persuasive to get those people's attention.

Well; Jonah's recovery worked for Nineveh, but some people are as dense as the wall of China.

Luke 16:27-31 . .The rich man said: I beg you, Father, that you send Lazarus to my father's house-- for I have five brothers --that he may warn them, lest they also come to this place of torment.

. . . But Abraham said: They have Moses and the Prophets; let them hear them. But he said: No, Father Abraham, but if someone goes to them from the dead, they will repent! But Abraham said to him: If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, neither will they be persuaded if someone rises from the dead.
_

Child of God

BANNED
Banned
What I get from the story of Jonah is that everyone put on sack clothes and ashes even the king and the animals.

God says this about those of Nineveh,

Jon 4:11 And should not I spare Nineveh, that great city, wherein are more than sixscore thousand persons that cannot discern between their right hand and their left hand; and also much cattle?

Jon 4:11 is comparable to Jesus words at,

Mat 6:3 But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:

Aimiel

The word translated as "everlasting" does not actually mean everlasting. The word in the original Greek manuscripts is "aiōnion" which means "agelong". It does not mean everlasting. Bad translation.

An 'age' being somewhere between one and two thousand years: we have to conclude that the reference meant forever.