Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hades / The Grave

Originally posted by Freedm View Post
    what do you mean by "hazards"? Do you mean like knives, guns, anvils? Or do you mean sin?
    The tool most utilized in the Bible to represent death is the sword. However, at Rev 6:8, death and the sword are distinctly individual.

The name of the rider on the pallid horse is Death; he and hades are closely associated in Rev 6:8 just as death and hades are closely associated in Rev 20:14, strongly suggesting that the rider on the pallid horse represents some sort of supernatural grim reaper who's in charge of gathering up and organizing the dead for their journey across the river Styx; so to speak.

Seeing as how Death is destined for the lake of brimstone, then I think it's safe to assume that the rider on the pallid horse is a sinister being who has no interest in folk while they're alive, but the moment they pass away, his army is right there to capture its prize.

One of the most disturbing scenes I've yet to observe in a Hollywood movie occurs in "GHOST" starring Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore. When someone marked for hell passes away, these eerie phantoms emerge, uttering awful moans, and drag their panic-stricken prey down into the ground. I don't know if any of that is true or not; but it's about as accurate a depiction of that sinister being's activities as I can imagine for now.

But can you picture in your mind's eye just how shocking and terrifying it would be to die and of a sudden be able to see the spirit creatures all around us stalking people day and night 24/7 without our knowing, patiently waiting the moment when they can haul us off?
    _
    Last edited by WeberHome; November 1st, 2019, 12:01 PM.

Comment

We're not yet the victorious church that Jesus is coming back for. He said that the works that He did: we would do; and even GREATER. I don't know about you, but I've never heard of anyone yet actually walking on water, during a storm. I believe that there will be greater miracles than Jesus did but also that we will fulfill His projections of us. His Word says that Jesus is SEATED at The Right Hand of the Father, expecting 'till His enemies are made His Footstool. The last enemy that will be destroyed is Death. We will avail ourselves of the power and authority He left us in His Last Will (the New Testament) and corral Death, himself. Scripture says that in that day: men will seek death and not find it. I believe that will be because the victorious church that Jesus is coming back to collect will have taken hold of and enforce the victory that Jesus won over death on Calvary. We have a long way to go, but His Word is truth. We have power over all principalities, powers and even the rulers over the darkness of this earth: Death, Hell and all spiritual wickedness in high places that exalts itself over the knowledge of God. I look forward to that day with GREAT expectation. Evil men and seducers are waxing worse and worse but where sin abounds: grace abounds even more. Thank God!!!

"That man of sin must first be revealed." -- Jesus

If you haven't tried: you've already failed. -- Aimiel

Comment

Keep in mind that Hades is a word that is simply used to label the state of death, or the place of the dead, but when I say "the place" I don't mean a physical location where people go; rather "going to Hades" is akin to "going to sleep". It's not a literal place, but rather a state of being. Also keep in mind that we all go to Hades when we die, not only the wicked.
        Oh? Not me!!! I've been promised that I'll never see death. In fact, even before Jesus made that promise, the psalmist wrote that he would, "walk through the valley of the shadow of death," which is comforting to me; because I've never heard about the shadow of a dog ever biting anyone. We pass from life into Life Everlasting when our time comes. Jesus said that we won't die if we believe in Him. I take Him at His Word: literally. I do appreciate the imagery they used in Ghost, which depicts demons quite admirably; but in reality: they're far more frightening and powerful than depicted. I like the description given in the book: "Divine Revelation of Hell," written by Mary K. Baxter, in which she described the location of hell (below the earth in the very core) as well as the image of hell appearing as a woman, lying on her back with her legs spread and every few seconds: "Plop! Plop!" people would fall into the center of hell and then be chained and carried off to their own personal and isolated pit to be tormented in flames as they screamed and cried for help. She described pastors, witches and many others and their fate as she visited hell alongside Jesus for 30 or 40 days, every single night. She was commissioned by Jesus to write her books and was later allowed to visit Heaven and wrote a book about that, too.

Comment

Originally posted by way 2 go View Post
          since you were not persuaded by Jesus resurrection , you won't hear me

Luk 16:28 for I have five brothers, so that he may testify to them, lest they also come into this place of torment. ...

Luk 16:31 And he said to him, If they do not hear Moses and the Prophets, they will not be persuaded, even though one rose from the dead.

Ya, I got the reference, I just don't get why you felt the need to tell that to me. What, according to you, did Jesus resurrection not convince me of?

Comment

Originally posted by WeberHome View Post

The tool most utilized in the Bible to represent death is the sword. However, at Rev 6:8, death and the sword are distinctly individual.

The name of the rider on the pallid horse is Death. He and hades are closely associated in Rev 6:8 just as death and hades are closely associated in Rev 20:14, strongly suggesting that the rider on the pallid horse represents some sort of supernatural grim reaper who's in charge of gathering up and organizing the dead for their journey across the river Styx; so to speak.

Seeing as how Death is destined for the lake of brimstone, then I think it's safe to assume that the rider on the pallid horse is a sinister being who has no interest in folk while they're alive, but the moment they pass away, his army is right there to capture its prize.

One of the most disturbing scenes I've yet to observe in a Hollywood movie occurs in "GHOST" starring Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore. When someone marked for hell passes away, these eerie phantoms emerge, uttering awful moans, and drag their panic-stricken prey down into the ground. I don't know if any of that is true or not; but it's about as accurate a depiction of that sinister being's activities as I can imagine for now.

But can you picture in your mind's eye just how shocking and terrifying it would be to die and of a sudden be able to see the spirit creatures all around us stalking people day and night 24/7 without our knowing, patiently waiting the moment when they can haul us off?
            _
            I know very well the reference of the movie Ghost. I too, have often thought of those scenes and how creepy they are. Thankfully, they're nowhere near the truth. The Bible tells us that the dead know nothing and that when we die we sleep in the ground with our fathers. It's only on resurrection day, the last day, that we regain life and consciousness and it is then that we will stand before the judgment throne and only then will we either enter into eternal life or damnation.

Comment

Originally posted by Aimiel View Post
              We're not yet the victorious church that Jesus is coming back for. He said that the works that He did: we would do; and even GREATER. I don't know about you, but I've never heard of anyone yet actually walking on water, during a storm.
              Do you think it's possible that when Jesus said we would do greater things than these, that he was talking about the things we would do after our resurrection and inheritance of the new earth?

Comment

Oh? Not me!!! I've been promised that I'll never see death..
                Do you really think you will never die? Haven't all the saints before you died? Or are you referring to something else?

Comment

She was commissioned by Jesus to write her books and was later allowed to visit Heaven and wrote a book about that, too.
                  I find that kind of stuff fascinating, and I myself own the book "23 minutes in hell". Unfortunately I've since come to believe that these authors, though they honestly believe what they're writing, are recounting their own imagination, not actual events.

Comment

Ya, I got the reference, I just don't get why you felt the need to tell that to me. What, according to you, did Jesus resurrection not convince me of?

Luk 16:28 for I have five brothers, so that he may testify to them, lest they also come into this place of torment. ...

Comment

• Originally posted by way 2 go View Post
                      Dude, either tell me what point you're trying to make or let it go. Simply quoting a scripture verse does not make your point any clearer.

Comment

According to Luke 16:22, angels provided Lazarus' transporation to Abraham's location.

The Bible doesn't say who, or what, provided the rich man's transportation, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the rider on the pallid horse mentioned in post No.91 had something to do with it.
                        _

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedm View Post
                          Dude, either tell me what point you're trying to make or let it go. Simply quoting a scripture verse does not make your point any clearer.
                          you do not believe Moses or the prophets about hell and
                          are not persuaded by Jesus that there is a hell ,
                          you won't hear me about hell

Luk 16:28 for I have five brothers, so that he may testify to them, lest they also come into this place of torment.
                          Luk 16:29 Abraham said to him, They have Moses and the Prophets, let them hear them.
                          Luk 16:30 And he said, No, father Abraham, but if one should go to them from the dead, they would repent.
                          Luk 16:31 And he said to him, If they do not hear Moses and the Prophets, they will not be persuaded, even though one rose from the dead.

Comment

I find that kind of stuff fascinating, and I myself own the book "23 minutes in hell". Unfortunately I've since come to believe that these authors, though they honestly believe what they're writing, are recounting their own imagination, not actual events.
                            Same here, but while reading the forward in, "Divine Revelation of Hell," The Lord impressed upon me that she wrote the truth about what happened.

Comment

Do you really think you will never die? Haven't all the saints before you died? Or are you referring to something else?
                              I know that I won't die: since Jesus promised. He's yet to be caught in a lie. I have to attribute how that works to the fact that God's Mystery has not yet been revealed. We don't know what happens or how it works when someone passes from this life into the next. Personally: I believe that believers are handled differently than non-believers. I don't believe in a purgatory; I believe that God knows whose names are in His Book of Life and when they pass, they are in His Presence. Those who are subject to death are also subject to hell, until Judgment Day when they'll be cast alive into the Lake of Fire to be tormented for eternity. Jesus told the thief next to Him that on that very day he would be with Jesus in Paradise. If it were purgatory: He would have said that. He didn't.

Comment

Do you think it's possible that when Jesus said we would do greater things than these, that he was talking about the things we would do after our resurrection and inheritance of the new earth?
                                No. Who would be doing exploits (miracles) for The Lord while in His Presence? We're going to study in Heaven, to learn more about The Lord, we're going to be rewarded according to our works but miracles won't be necessary. He was talking about believers taking ahold of His Words. He has all Power and Authority in Heaven and in earth. He's given us that power. We are to subdue all of His enemies using His Name and His Authority. He is The Power. His is the Glory. We merely need to learn to make use of what He's given. It pleases Him to give us The Kingdom. We have His Power of Attorney. We are His Ambassadors. We need to grasp that fully and walk in That Power. As God reveals these things to His Body it will take place.

Comment

Working...
                                X