Clear All

• Originally posted by Idolater View Post
    I did not use this term. What is it?
    It is what you are talking about.
    You don't know your own denomination.
    Originally posted by Idolater View Post
    That isn't Trinitarian.
    The trinity doctrine is false.

When a person receives the Holy Spirit---they then have the Holy Spirit---THE FATHER AND THE SON.

They are not three different and separate.

They are three who are one and the same.

The Son is not the Spirit. And the Trinity of course is Catholic.
    The Son IS the Spirit.

Jesus is a life giving Spirit, see 1 Corinthians 15:45.

The Spirit gives life; see 2 Corinthians 3:6.

2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

2 Corinthians 3:18 And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into His image with intensifying glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

I didn't say that, I said that you are a Christian pagan, I said that I was born and raised Christian pagan, not you.
    I didn't say that either.
    The Catholic Church is the Church in the Bible. It's the "New Testament Church".
    The Catholic church is nothing like the church in the new testament.

Oh how I love the Word of God!

Don't just hear the word and believe it---do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by God's Truth View Post
      The Catholic church is nothing like the church in the new testament.

That is another one of your endless lies.

The First Post in this thread has not been refuted.
      ​​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Trump Gurl View Post

That is another one of your endless lies.

Who's the liar?

You or me?

I said the Catholic church is nothing like the church in the new testament.

The churches in the new testament were in people's homes.

The Catholic churches are expensive mini castles.

The churches in the new testament called each other brothers.

The Catholic churches call the brothers 'father'.

The churches in the new testament times were told not to put one apostle over another.

The Catholic church says they are of Peter.

The churches in the new testament times prayed with living saints and for living saints.

The Catholic church prays to dead saints.

I can go on with more.

Now do you understand?

Comment

​​
          No changes yet.

Comment

No changes yet.
            You are showing that you can't defend your denomination of choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by God's Truth View Post
              You are showing that you can't defend your denomination of choice.
              I have proven my case already. YOU are showing that you hate truth and prefer lies.

Comment

I have proven my case already. YOU are showing that you hate truth and prefer lies.

That is all Satan has given you to defend your beliefs because you don't have truth. What else you got besides name calling?

Comment

• Originally posted by CatholicCrusader View Post

Mary: Mother of God

https://www.catholic.com/tract/mary-mother-of-god
                  Posted With Permission

Read the church fathers comments: https://www.catholic.com/tract/mary-mother-of-god
                  Nowhere in Scripture is Mary called "Mother of God." Therefore all she is is the mother of Jesus.
                  He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Jim Elliot

Comment

• Originally posted by Bright Raven View Post
                    Nowhere in Scripture is Mary called "Mother of God." Therefore all she is is the mother of Jesus.

Jesus IS God, therefore Mary is the Mother of God. You're not very bright are you.

Do you even bother to read or learn or do you just repeat child-like things over and over like a dumb parrot.

The Council of Ephesus in AD 431, I say again, the Council of Ephesus in AD 431, decreed that Mary is the Theotokos because her son Jesus is both God and man: one divine person with two natures (divine and human).

The title of Mother of God (Greek: Μήτηρ (του) Θεοῦ) or God Bearer, is most often used in English, largely due to the lack of a satisfactory equivalent of the Greek τόκος. Because of that the title is often left untranslated, and she is called "Theotokos".

Mary "bore" God (Jesus) in her womb so she is the God Bearer, Mother of God.

This is the belief of almost all Christians, Catholic and Orthodox. Only a tiny fringe reject it.

Last edited by Trump Gurl; June 14th, 2020, 09:03 AM.

Comment

• Philippians 2:6-7 NLT
                      [6] Though he was God,
                      he did not think of equality with God
                      as something to cling to.
                      [7] Instead, he gave up his divine privileges;
                      he took the humble position of a slave
                      and was born as a human being.
                      When he appeared in human form,

The Bible is very clear that Mary gave birth to a human being.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hilltrot View Post
                        Philippians 2:6-7 NLT
                        The Bible is very clear that Mary gave birth to a human being.
                        Wrong, because Jesus was not a mere human being. Jesus was fully God and fully man.

What the hell is it with you people who cannot understand simple concepts.

The Council of Ephesus in AD 431, I say again, the Council of Ephesus in AD 431, decreed that Mary is the Theotokos because her son Jesus is both God and man: one divine person with two natures (divine and human).

The title of Mother of God (Greek: Μήτηρ (του) Θεοῦ) or God Bearer, is most often used in English, largely due to the lack of a satisfactory equivalent of the Greek τόκος. Because of that the title is often left untranslated, and she is called "Theotokos".

This is the belief of almost all Christians, Catholic and Orthodox. Only a tiny fringe reject it.

Comment

Jesus IS God, therefore Mary is the Mother of God. You're not very bright are you.

Do you even bother to read or learn or do you just repeat child-like things over and over like a dumb parrot.

Mary is the mother of the earthly part of God.

Romans 1:3 regarding his Son, who as to his earthly life was a descendant of David,

We don't say David is of immaculate conception since he is Jesus' grandfather.

We don't pray to David or even Abraham because they are the ancestors of Jesus.

What happens when people say to Jesus blessed is your mother?

Jesus says ALL WHO obey are his mother, sisters, and brothers.

Since Catholics keep exalting Mary and calling her the mother of God---it has led to false doctrines, such as Mary being of immaculate conception; and,

it leads to Mary being venerated/worshiped.

Comment

Wrong, because Jesus was not a mere human being. Jesus was fully God and fully man.

What the hell is it with you people who cannot understand simple concepts.

[COLOR=#0000CD]The Council of Ephesus in AD 431, I say again, the Council of Ephesus in AD 431, decreed that Mary is the Theotokos because her son Jesus is both God and man: one divine person with two natures (divine and human).
                            We don't go by councils after the apostles.

You nullify the words of God by your teachings from mere men who didn't have God testify to what they said.

Originally posted by Trump Gurl View Post

...and like the Greeks, the Catholics adopted their idea of worshiping gods.

Originally posted by Trump Gurl View Post

The humble Mary needed a Savior and said so herself.

Luke 1:47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

Comment

Where does it say in Scripture that she is the mother of God? That is only a figment of the Catholic Churches imagination. Typical Catholic drivel
                              He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Jim Elliot

Comment

• Originally posted by Bright Raven View Post

Where does it say in Scripture that she is the mother of God? That is only a figment of the Catholic Churches imagination. Typical Catholic drivel
                                They use FALSE logic to come to the conclusion that Mary is the "mother of God".

Jesus IS God, therefore Mary is the Mother of God.
                                Indeed Jesus is God... but Mary had NOTHING to do with that.... NOTHING.

Mary is Jesus' mother ONLY in regard to His HUMAN nature.
                                All of my ancestors are human.
                                Originally posted by Squeaky
                                That explains why your an idiot.
                                Originally posted by God's Truth
                                Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
                                Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
                                (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
                                (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Comment

Working...
                                X