X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerry Shugart
    replied
    Originally posted by DAN P View Post
    Hi Jerry and I know that you are KIDDING and have said that Ca; 2:16 is my position !!
    Dan, there is an easy way to settle this. Just look at the following passage and tell me what day of the month the "feast of unleavened bread" began:
    "These are the feasts of the LORD, even holy convocations, which ye shall proclaim in their seasons. In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is the LORD'S passover. And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread unto the LORD: seven days ye must eat unleavened bread" (Lev.23:4-5).

If you refuse to answer then I can only surmise that you really don't care about having a serious discussion about the subject of this thread.

Leave a comment:

• DAN P
    replied
    Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    Dan, please tell me what that has to do with the subject of this thread.
    Hi Jerry and I know that you are KIDDING and have said that Col 2:16 is my position !!

When you said there are ERRORS when you see a word in ITALIC , I use to do the same thing you are doing and when one person pointed that is is and ELLIPSIS of REPETITION and the ELLIPSIS ( ABSOLUTE ) THE VERB and of AMPLICATION , of DISCRIPTION and of CONCLUSION , and of INTERPOSITION and of REASONING and this my last word and just trying to help you and you are just taking it to personal and was NOT trying to ATTACK you BYE !!

dan p
    Last edited by DAN P; March 22, 2019, 11:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry Shugart
    replied
    Hi and I said that Col 2:16 is my position , do you have it now ?
    Dan, please tell me what that has to do with the subject of this thread.

Leave a comment:

• DAN P
    replied
    Hi and I said that Col 2:16 is my position , do you have it now ??

dan p

Leave a comment:

• Jerry Shugart
    replied
    Hi and have never studied the DAY of FEAST and not soon !!
    Dan, you need to work on your grammar because what you say makes no sense.

Leave a comment:

• DAN P
    replied
    I have absolutely no idea about what you are saying. Dan, can you look at the following passage and then tell me when the feast of unleavened bread began?:
    "In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is the LORD'S passover. And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread unto the LORD: seven days ye must eat unleavened bread" (Lev.23:5-6).

Hi and have never studied the DAY of FEAST and not soon !!

But read Col 2:16 is my position !!

dan p

Leave a comment:

• Jerry Shugart
    replied
    Hi and this time , NOT into FEAST DAYS !!
    I have absolutely no idea about what you are saying. Dan, can you look at the following passage and then tell me when the feast of unleavened bread began?:
    "In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is the LORD'S passover. And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread unto the LORD: seven days ye must eat unleavened bread" (Lev.23:5-6).

Leave a comment:

• DAN P
    replied
    I too have The Companion Bible but why didn't you answer my question, Dan?

While you are here look at this passage and tell me when the feast of unleavened bread began:

Hi and this time , NOT into FEAST DAYS !!

dan p

Leave a comment:

• Jerry Shugart
    replied
    Hi Jerry and I see that you did google BUT I have Bullinger book and if you had Bullingers book , he has a reference in the back of the book and can find all ELLIPSIS by book and chapter and verse !!
    I too have The Companion Bible but why didn't you answer my question, Dan?

While you are here look at this passage and tell me when the feast of unleavened bread began:

Leave a comment:

• DAN P
    replied
    To which specific "ellipsis" are you making reference, Dan?

Is it the "Absolute Ellipsis," the "Relative Ellipsis," or the "Ellipsis of Repetition"?
    Hi Jerry and I see that you did google BUT I have Bullinger book and if you had Bullingers book , he has a reference in the back of the book and can find all ELLIPSIS by book and chapter and verse !!

dan p

Leave a comment:

• Jerry Shugart
    replied
    Hi and just to point out that FEAST and DAY are in part of the ELLIPSE'S and I use to say the same thing , until another person pointed it out to me and just trying to help out , that is all and E Bullinger wrote a large book on FIGURE;S OF SPEECH , just as Bullinger's book on NUMBERS is , nothing more than that!!
    To which specific "ellipsis" are you making reference, Dan?

Is it the "Absolute Ellipsis," the "Relative Ellipsis," or the "Ellipsis of Repetition"?

Leave a comment:

• DAN P
    replied
    So what is your point, Dan?

Hi and just to point out that FEAST and DAY are in part of the ELLIPSE'S and I use to say the same thing , until another person pointed it out to me and just trying to help out , that is all and E Bullinger wrote a large book on FIGURE;S OF SPEECH , just as Bullinger's book on NUMBERS is , nothing more than that!!

dan p

Leave a comment:

• Jerry Shugart
    replied
    Hi and you missed 1 other words and there 2 words in the ELLISPSIS in Matt 26:17 and they are DAY and FEAST !!
    So what is your point, Dan?

Leave a comment:

• DAN P
    replied
    [QUOTE=Jerry Shugart;5326241]

Dan, you are wrong. If you go to the Greek text the Greek word translated "feast" is not there.
    Hi and you missed 1 other words and there 2 words in the ELLISPSIS in Matt 26:17 and they are DAY and FEAST !!

dan p

Leave a comment:

• Jerry Shugart
    replied
    Originally posted by Jason0047 View Post
    Jerry:

Moving on (away from this topic with you).
    Just don't forget that you never even attempted to address the verses that I quoted from the book of Exodus which prove that the following translation from the KJV is in error:
    "Now the first day of the feast of unleavened bread the disciples came to Jesus, saying unto him, Where wilt thou that we prepare for thee to eat the passover?" (Mt.26:17; KJV).

This translation has the first day of the feast of unleavened bread happening prior to the eating of the passover but anyone can read the verses from the book of Exodus which I quoted and see that the eating of the passover happened before the first day of the feast of unleavened bread.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X