ECT The Neo-MADs and Romans 16:7: 'In Chrisr Before Me'

Jerry Shugart

Saved by grace through faith.... you don't scare us, Jerry the Judge of the salvation of others.

One of the evidences of saving faith is KNOWING that the Jews who lived under the law were saved by faith and faith alone, as witnessed by the Lord Jesus' own words spoken to those who lived under the law:

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life" (Jn.6:47).​

Not exactly rocket science but that truth is way, way, way above your understanding and that explains why you never address the meaning of the Lord's words there.

Jerry Shugart

Jerry forgets...

Gal. 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

Gal. 3:12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

Unlike you, I understand that if a Jew who lived under the law broke even one commandment he was guilty of all (Jas.2:10) and being "guilty of all" cannot possibly contribute to anyone's salvation in any way.

And unlike you, I believe the following words of the Lord Jesus spoken to the Jews who lived under the law where He told them that those who "believe" have everlasting life:

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life" (Jn.6:47).​

At Galatians 3:12 Paul is saying that the person who does the things demanded by the law will live by them. But in the next verse Paul wrote that "Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law."

And that explains what Paul said at another place:

"For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth" (Ro.10:12).​

But all of this is way above your understanding since you cannot even understand the clear words of the Lord Jesus which He spoke to the Jews who lived under the law:

I say that the Jew who lived under the law was saved the moment when he believed and I base my belief on the very words of the Lord Jesus which I just quoted. Evidently you think that I am wrong so tell us the reason why you think that I am wrong about my interpretation of the meaning of His words at John 6:47.

glorydaz

One of the evidences of saving faith is KNOWING that the Jews who lived under the law were saved by faith and faith alone,

That is a lie right out of the pits of hell, Jerry.

Salvation by Grace through faith demands NO SUCH THING.
The Gentiles don't need to know a darn thing about the Jews to be saved.

2 Corinthians 5:16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.​

Jerry Shugart

Salvation by grace through faith DEMANDs that you believe God:

"For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt" (Ro.4:3-4).

You prove over and over that you don't "believe God" because you flat out deny what He told the Jews who lived under the law:

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life" (Jn.6:63).​

You are delusional if you think that you actually believe what the Lord Jesus told the Jews who lived under the law because you say that they couldn't be saved apart from works even though He told them that those who "believe" have everlasting life.

And then you absolutely refuse to give your interpretation of the meanings of the Lord's words at John 6:47.

Why is that?

glorydaz

One of the evidences of saving faith is KNOWING that the Jews who lived under the law were saved by faith and faith alone,

The Gentiles don't need to know a darn thing about the Jews to be saved.

So, you refuse to address this LIE straight from the pits of hell?

glorydaz

You prove over and over that you don't "believe God" because you flat out deny what He told the Jews who lived under the law:

And then you absolutely refuse to give your interpretation of the meanings of the Lord's words at John 6:47.

Why is that?

Because I'm kinda partial to looking at the whole of Scripture before I make hasty judgments.

Here, our Lord gives stipulations for inheriting eternal life.

Luke 10:25-27
25 And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? 26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou? 27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.​

Luke 10:28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.​

And what it is the Law says to these Jews who are "under the Law", as you insist.

Deuteronomy 6:25
25 And it shall be our righteousness, if we observe to do all these commandments before the Lord our God, as he hath commanded us.

You seem to think that the Jews would have eternal life even if they didn't have their sins forgiven. "If ye forgive men....your heavenly Father will also forgive you. If not....

Those under the law were required to love, forgive, and bring forth good fruit.

Matt. 6:14-15 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.​

Matt. 7:19-20 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. 20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.​

Why do you ignore the words our Lord spoke when He walked among us? Cherry picking is the way of the novice, Jerry.

Jerry Shugart

And what it is the Law says to these Jews who are "under the Law", as you insist.

Deuteronomy 6:25
25 And it shall be our righteousness, if we observe to do all these commandments before the Lord our God, as he hath commanded us.

Yes, if a Jew "did" all these commandments (kept the law perfectly) then he would inherit eternal life and that would be his righteousness. But if he sinned once then he was guilty of all (Jas.2:10) and that is why we read the following about the Jew's self righteousness:

"But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away" (Isa.64:6).​

Since none of the Jews except the Lord Jesus kept the law perfectly then every single one of them were dependent on God's grace if they were going to be saved. And the Lord Jesus told the Jewish sinners exactly how they can be saved apart from works:

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life" (Jn.6:63).​

You are so lacking in spiritual discernment that you think that a Jew being guilty of all can somehow contribute to his salvation. And then you run and hide from what the Lord Jesus said at John 6:47 and John 6:63 and refuse to give us your interpretation of the meaning of His words in those verses.

Why is that?