ECT An unintended compliment from an opponent of dispensationalism

musterion

From the current Berean Bible Institute newsletter, quoted in its entirety.

(While the quote below was meant as a criticism of dispensationalism, we take it as a compliment. Scripture and Scripture alone is our foundation of truth! -- Editor)

"Methodism has its Personalism, Old Princeton its Realism, and Roman Catholicism its Thomism, but it would seem that Dispensationalism has no philosophy of its own. Indeed, Dispensationalism is almost anti-philosophical in that it tends to de-emphasize philosophy. It has always been sympathetic to apologetics...but it has not been inclined to philosophize beyond the immediate needs for Biblical verification, and it is almost impatient in its desire to get to the Holy Scriptures."

--Wrongly Dividing the Word of Truth, John Gerstner

Yep, an unintended compliment if ever there was one. :)

Interplanner

From the current Berean Bible Institute newsletter, quoted in its entirety.

Yep, an unintended compliment if ever there was one. :)

It goes there to reinforce the mistakes found in the tons of D'ist books and commentaries and preachers out there. It goes there to try to make the mistakes about Dan 9 and Rom 11 and Mt 23 actually work out. It goes there because it thinks the Rev is a futurist puzzle that only they can solve, and they love to shine on that. It goes there because it has no idea what the 1st century is about re Judaism.

musterion

It goes there to reinforce the mistakes found in the tons of D'ist books and commentaries and preachers out there. It goes there to try to make the mistakes about Dan 9 and Rom 11 and Mt 23 actually work out. It goes there because it thinks the Rev is a futurist puzzle that only they can solve, and they love to shine on that. It goes there because it has no idea what the 1st century is about re Judaism.

Where'd you read that?

SaulToPaul 2

From which anti Dispensational commentary did you glean this pearl of wisdom?

Interplanner

Where'd you read that?

40 years of being around them through Multnomah and Dallas Seminary.

Don't you have even the least self-suspicion when your cult has regrouped so many times on what's going on over in Israel, on reading newspapers, has just a few bits and pieces of NT prooftexts to support everything?

Bits and pieces: still using Rom 11 as though it was about the land, which means the temple and Judaism would have to be operating again, when 'saved' in Rom 9-11 never means that, nor anywhere in Romans, nor in Paul.

SaulToPaul 2

40 years of being around them through Multnomah and Dallas Seminary.

Don't you have even the least self-suspicion when your cult has regrouped so many times on what's going on over in Israel, on reading newspapers, has just a few bits and pieces of NT prooftexts to support everything?

Bits and pieces: still using Rom 11 as though it was about the land, which means the temple and Judaism would have to be operating again, when 'saved' in Rom 9-11 never means that, nor anywhere in Romans, nor in Paul.

:chuckle:

Made up.

Interplanner

If you can show where D'ism properly speaks of the law as the child-trainer and shadow of the reality, I'd be glad to hear it. I NEVER get this impression from them. Instead it is to be brought back because it is as honorable and enduring and endearing as the Gospel itself. I get the impressions that different time periods of the Bible were just arbitrarily marked by different sets of rules without anything prepping for Christ and the Spirit.

SaulToPaul 2

If you can show where D'ism properly speaks of the law as the child-trainer and shadow of the reality, I'd be glad to hear it. I NEVER get this impression from them. Instead it is to be brought back because it is as honorable and enduring and endearing as the Gospel itself. I get the impressions that different time periods of the Bible were just arbitrarily marked by different sets of rules without anything prepping for Christ and the Spirit.

huh?

Interplanner

He's full of crap now. No ex-dispensationalist who knew the BASICS would think we preach walking under Law.

Not walking under the Law now, but that there will be a resumed Judaism and temple in the "millenium" because "God owes them".

You seriously need to calm down and learn how to ask questions. Grow your mind.

Interplanner

There is a guidance to the Gospel through the Law in that it shows how far short we fall, especially when the internalized laws are expressed. I don't know if that's what you meant by under the law, but the age in which Israel was under that is over, and it is not wished on any believer, however, it may help a person rely more on Christ as their righteousness if they are pinched by the law.

Danoh

The Law ,in it's purity, will be executed by the LORD and his priests during that time, just as prophesied.

Makes ya wonder what his spin is on...

Isaiah 2:1 The word that Isaiah the son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem. 2:2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it. 2:3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. 2:4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more. 2:5 O house of Jacob, come ye, and let us walk in the light of the LORD.

Rom. 5:8
Acts 17:11,12

musterion

Come on, Danoh, every reliable scholar knows all that happened in 70 AD as Roman Jesus was pillaging, raping and knifing people throughout Jerusalem. All the best authorities agree.

Danoh

Come on, Danoh, every reliable scholar knows all that happened in 70 AD as Roman Jesus was pillaging, raping and knifing people throughout Jerusalem. All the best authorities agree.

It's the connection between those first five passages in Isaiah 2 and the following, that so throws me.

O "The Land" - if only the obvious were not so obvious...

Matthew 8:10 When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel. 8:11 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven. 8:12 But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Isaiah 66:22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain. 66:23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD. 66:24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

That Land Promise o that Land Promise - nowhere to be found reiterated in the NT...

Yeah, right..

Fact is, one could write a whole book "about" all the passages in both the OT and the NT where connections like the above are so crystal clear obvious.

Matthew 5:33 Again, ye have heard that it hath been said by them of old time, Thou shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform unto the Lord thine oaths: 5:34 But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne: 5:35 Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King.

John 1:49 Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel.

1:51 And he saith unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man.

Rom. 5:8
Acts 17:11,12

Interplanner

The wrath of God was visited on Israel, yes. Get a proofreader before you post next time: "as Roman Jesus"?