ECT Once Saved, Always Saved

God's Truth

The problem with that statement is that you read it in total ignorance, and I'm getting tired of your doing so. James is talking about what MEN SEE, and their respect of persons. You can tell that from the first verses of this chapter.

James 2:1-2
My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons. For if there come unto your assembly a man with a gold ring, in goodly apparel, and there come in also a poor man in vile raiment;​

James is talking about the faith a hypocrite has. The man who claims he has faith...."a man SAY he hath faith..."

James 2:14-16 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, 16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?​

A man may say versus show me and I will show you.

James 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.​

Men cannot see another man's FAITH, so the only thing he has to judge by is what a man does.

Same here....

Titus 1:16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.​

Therefore, that false profession of faith is alone. That's why Paul says a man can glory in his works, but not before God. Man can glory in his works ONLY to other men.

Romans 4:4-5 What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found? For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.

You have got to be kidding, but you are not.

The man who has faith and no obedience---HIS FAITH IS DEAD AND CANNOT SAVE HIM.

Dead faith cannot do anything, let alone save someone.

Myrrhcask

I said show me one person that was saved and didn’t obey God,

You couldn’t, instead you give a scripture that has nothing to do with what I said.
You said, “Since all have sinned, except Jesus, everyone Jesus came to save has disobeyed God. And if one breaks any part of the law, he has broken the whole law. “

You don’t even understand that scripture, and you use it to go against obeying.

James was speaking of the ROYAL LAW.

Please listen carefully.

James does not say 'the moral law', as you claim.

James says the "Royal Law".

This Royal Law that James is speaking of , it DOES NOT put aside mercy to the offender; but, it is imperative to understand what James is saying, instead of speaking falsely about what he is not saying.

James was speaking of the ROYAL LAW OF LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR.

Love is 'not harming your neighbor' that is how we love our neighbors; we do no harm to them. See Romans 13:10.

If you do not harm your neighbor by not murdering your neighbor, it is good and you have obeyed a commandment of do not murder---do not murder/love your neighbor.

If you do not harm your neighbor by committing adultery with your neighbor's wife, then you have obeyed another commandment, and you show you love your neighbor.

If you do not harm your neighbor by bearing false witness against your neighbor, you have done right and obeyed yet another command of the law and you still are loving your neighbor.

If you STEAL from your neighbor, you have HARMED your neighbor, AND NOW YOU ARE GUILTY OF BREAKING THE WHOLE ROYAL LAW OF LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR.

Do you understand now? You obeyed all those commands and were doing right by loving your neighbor, you loved your neighbor by not harming him by murdering him; you loved your neighbor by not committing adultery with his wife; you loved your neighbor by not bearing false witness against him, ...BUT THEN, you missed up on one. You did not kill your neighbor, commit adultery with his wife, you did not bear false witness against him...but you stole something from him...YOU HAVE NOW broke one law and stole...AND NOW you are guilty of breaking the whole law of love your neighbor because you hurt him by stealing from him.

glorydaz

You have got to be kidding, but you are not.

The man who has faith and no obedience---HIS FAITH IS DEAD AND CANNOT SAVE HIM.

Man is not saved by his own faith, but by the faith of Jesus Christ. :doh:

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:​

Even when it's spelled out, you can't see it. You say you have faith, but no one can see it. How do you expect anyone to believe you have faith at all? :chuckle:

You just admitted in the yellow above that your faith is in your obedience..... instead of in the faith of the Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, you have no life, and your faith is dead (because it's in yourself).

Which is what you've been told for years.....yet you remain blind.

You are already dead and just don't know it....a walking dead woman. :nono:

Myrrhcask

I don't see a distinction in James between Royal and Moral law. indeed, loving your neighbor is the basis for morality. Why would he say, "the whole law" if he meant only some portion of it?
And, the definition of obedience you give, i.e. by not harming a neighbor, means that everyone, believers and unbelievers, are obeying God much of the time. Every time they don't kill, steal or commit adultery they are obeying God. But I am not convinced that doing what the law requires is the same thing as obedience to God, especially if they are done without acknowledgment of God, or for other reasons having nothing to do with God--like self preservation, or pride, etc. Obedience to God needs to be to God, not to high moral consciousness, to Karma, to noblesse oblige or to a sense of one's own spiritual superiority.

Myrrhcask

You have it wrong here too, for God knows those who obey Him.

1 Corinthians 8:3 But whoever loves God is known by God

Did you read that?

Who are those who are known by God are those who love Him by obeying Him.

John 1:6 And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands.

Are you saying God doesn't know everyone? That would mean He is not omniscient.
And the passage in 2 John is clearly defining how we love our neighbors, not how we love God.

2John.
So now, dear lady, I am asking you to live by the command that we love one another. I'm not writing to you some new commandment; it's the one we received in the beginning. Love is defined by our obedience to His commands This is the same command you have known about from the beginning; you must live by it.

It seems clear for the context that John is addressing a body of believers, rather than one woman. And the main concern of the letter is that the believers should not welcome false teachers who deny that Jesus came as Messiah in the flesh. John was reaffirming for them that the way to practice love for one another was to obey the Lord's commands.

God's Truth

Man is not saved by his own faith, but by the faith of Jesus Christ. :doh:

What are you twisting now?

So we don't have to have faith?!

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:​

Even when it's spelled out, you can't see it. You say you have faith, but no one can see it. How do you expect anyone to believe you have faith at all? :chuckle:

You just admitted in the yellow above that your faith is in your obedience..... instead of in the faith of the Lord Jesus Christ.
My faith is in Jesus Christ and in everything he says.

Therefore, you have no life, and your faith is dead (because it's in yourself).

Which is what you've been told for years.....yet you remain blind.

You are already dead and just don't know it....a walking dead woman. :nono:

Now teach believe and don't obey to your employees, if you are a boss.

Teach believe and don't obey to your kids. hahahaha

Teach believe and don't obey the police.

How utterly nonsensical.

God's Truth

I don't see a distinction in James between Royal and Moral law. indeed, loving your neighbor is the basis for morality. Why would he say, "the whole law" if he meant only some portion of it?

You don't see a distinction, but did you read how James distinctly says the words 'Royal Law'? You missed the point. James is speaking about the ROYAL LAW of love your neighbor and explaining how loving your neighbor is the Royal law and is ONLY ACCOMPLISHED by obeying all the law.

God's Truth

And, the definition of obedience you give, i.e. by not harming a neighbor, means that everyone, believers and unbelievers, are obeying God much of the time.
Every time they don't kill, steal or commit adultery they are obeying God. But I am not convinced that doing what the law requires is the same thing as obedience to God, especially if they are done without acknowledgment of God,

Everyone will be held accountable.

So I am not sure what your problem is with people doing right by not harming their neighbor.

You also seem to leave off the part about how we can't reject Christ.

Let's talk about the Royal Law.

or for other reasons having nothing to do with God--like self preservation, or pride, etc.

What?

Obedience to God needs to be to God, not to high moral consciousness, to Karma, to noblesse oblige or to a sense of one's own spiritual superiority.

You drifting way off.

Would you like to stay on topic?

God's Truth

Are you saying God doesn't know everyone?
First let's confirm that you are questioning the scripture that says those who love God are known by Him, correct?

Being saved is about a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

Those who love God by obeying Him are known by Him.

AND, it is the only way we know Him.

That would mean He is not omniscient.
Your misunderstandings lead you into all kinds of false accusations.

And the passage in 2 John is clearly defining how we love our neighbors, not how we love God.
You love God by loving your neighbor.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Explain the scripture.

I know who said it.

Why don't you explain it?

Why do you merely say that is talking about the baptizer John?
Proofread your posts before you post them, dufus.
John 1:6 And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands.

Explain that scripture?

God's Truth

re the OP
God does not justify anyone from their sins who does not think they need justification from them

Jesus says to repent of our sins.

He says no one will enter unless and if.

Good thing would be to find out what those things are in order to get saved; it is about the Last Will and Testament.