ECT Once Saved, Always Saved

jsanford108

Hi and I answered it in post # 278 !!

Print the question that you are talking about ?

dan p

No problem.

Does the man deserve to be punished for the first murders?

Is the man forgiven his latter crimes due to his apology for the first murders?

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

DAN P

No problem.

Does the man deserve to be punished for the first murders?

Is the man forgiven his latter crimes due to his apology for the first murders?

Hi and we see that happening today , many times , and Judges let them go , unpunished !!

If you are talking about the bible , Heb 6:6 is your amswer !!

Your analogy has FAILED !!

dan p

jsanford108

Hi and we see that happening today , many times , and Judges let them go , unpunished !!

If you are talking about the bible , Heb 6:6 is your amswer !!

Your analogy has FAILED !!

dan p

I am not talking about the bible. I am talking about a hypothetical situation.

Why are you avoiding it so fiercely?

DAN P

I am not talking about the bible. I am talking about a hypothetical situation.

Why are you avoiding it so fiercely?

Hi and it is just what you want it to believe , NOTHING 11

Go with your Analogies and your Hypotheticals , for I write about the bible , do you see ??

dan p

Wick Stick

None of you really believe this. It's just meant to give you a sense of certainty because you have such little faith in yourselves.

As I've said multiple times here, if any of you started trashing mid acts dispenationalism, the others would reject you as ever being saved in the first place. So whatever faith you profess to have, would be rejected by your buddies now if you rejected the faith.

In such a situation, the person rejecting the faith wouldn't care. All your OSAS nonsense is designed to do is give you an assurance that, if for some reason you rejected God, and everyone else rejected you, God would still keep hold of you because he's supposedly struck deal that even he is powerless to revoke.

It's complete rhubarb, and you all know it really.
But I like rhubarb... makes a good pie.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
None of you really believe this. It's just meant to give you a sense of certainty because you have such little faith in yourselves.
As I've said multiple times here, if any of you started trashing mid acts dispenationalism, the others would reject you as ever being saved in the first place. So whatever faith you profess to have, would be rejected by your buddies now if you rejected the faith.
In such a situation, the person rejecting the faith wouldn't care. All your OSAS nonsense is designed to do is give you an assurance that, if for some reason you rejected God, and everyone else rejected you, God would still keep hold of you because he's supposedly struck deal that even he is powerless to revoke.

It's complete rhubarb, and you all know it really.

well said brother:)

oatmeal

Wonder not, brethren, if the world hate you. [14] We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not, abideth in death. [15] Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer. And you know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in himself. (1 John 3:13-15)

Loving one's brother is a good work. Remember St. Paul said...

And if I should have prophecy and should know all mysteries, and all knowledge, and if I should have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. (1 Cor 13:2)

Jesus said...

Amen, amen I say unto you, that he who heareth my word, and believeth him that sent me, hath life everlasting; and cometh not into judgment, but is passed from death to life. (John 5:24)

Do you hear the word of Jesus...

And behold one came and said to him: Good master, what good shall I do that I may have life everlasting? [17] Who said to him: Why asketh thou me concerning good? One is good, God. But if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. (Matt. 19:16-17)

Those are some great verses, but what is your point?

Do you have a point?

Are you trying to add to my post, correct my post?

What?

Please be specific.

Romans 6:23 is clear

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

If you have been saved from you sins, then the wages of sin cannot trump the gift of eternal life.

Are sins more powerful than God in your life?

DAN P

Clearly you are not seeking to have an honest, logical discussion.

Hi and you want to use analogies and hypothetical to interpret the bible and I use the Greek text , which is biblical !!

If use want and example of one who committed adultry and then committed murder , it was King David , so why was he not killed for his crimes ??

dan p

jsanford108

Hi and you want to use analogies and hypothetical to interpret the bible and I use the Greek text , which is biblical !!

If use want and example of one who committed adultry and then committed murder , it was King David , so why was he not killed for his crimes ??

dan p

You seem adamant on setting me up as some sort of Bible-truth denier. At no point have I mentioned the Bible, given a biblical interpretation, refuted any doctrine, used analogies to interpret the Scripture, etc. All I have done is post a hypothetical question based in our natural, legal world.

Why are you so against just discussing that simple hypothetical scenario, and/or answering the two questions posited by it?

DAN P

You seem adamant on setting me up as some sort of Bible-truth denier. At no point have I mentioned the Bible, given a biblical interpretation, refuted any doctrine, used analogies to interpret the Scripture, etc. All I have done is post a hypothetical question based in our natural, legal world.

Why are you so against just discussing that simple hypothetical scenario, and/or answering the two questions posited by it?

Hi and I already said that there are many that escape judgment and the OP is OSAS !!

And you are like a lawyers trying to see where I wll be caught lying about a a so called HYPOTHETICAL !!

But am glad to discuss the bible any time !!

dan p

Danoh

In fairness, why not posit such things from, and based on Scripture Itself?

Your reasoning is flawed.

I am reminded of someone I once knew who turned out to have been sexually molested as a child by a relative.

How that said relative apologized to that person later in life, was forgiven by that person, only to turn around even later and commit the exact same heinous crime against several of that forgiving person's own children.

To answer your illogic about forgiveness of a premeditated heinous crime...

Ecclesiastes 8:11 Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.

Exactly what the fool in your hypothetical ended up fully set in, once more.

In short, give them Romans 5: 6-8 and then - lock - them - up - the FIRST time.

Though, as to the example I gave, personally, I'd have been really hard pressed not to have picked up a baseball bat.

REALLY hard pressed.

Luke 17:2 It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.

Thank God for Romans 5: 6-8 - in each our stead.

God's Truth

Hi and just what says that anyone can be saved TWICE or a 100 TIMES ??

In Gal 3:28 the Greek word ARE / ESTE is in the Greek PRESENT TENSE and the Present tense all saved people are ALWAYS " in Christ " FOREVER !!

So , what verses do you use to prove a person can be saved TWICE especially in light of Heb 6:6 That if a Jew falls away , to RENEW THEM AGAIN TO REPENTANCE !!

dan p

That is about if a Jew believes in Christ and shared in the testimony given by God through the Holy Spirit, and if you leave that and go back to being a Jew you cannot go back again to being a Christian.

glorydaz

Faith is a condition of salvation, and remains a condition of salvation. It is possible to fall back into unbelief, as scriptures show, and therefore it is possible to forfeit salvation. It's not a case of losing salvation, but rather people trash it.

That lack of faith shows your trust in NOT in the Lord Jesus Christ, but in yourself. :sigh:

He is able....

2 Timothy 1:12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

He will perform....

Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:​

We are more than conquerors THROUGH HIM. Neither principalities nor powers, nor things present, NOR THINGS TO COME......nothing shall separate us from the love of God WHICH IS IN Christ Jesus.

Romans 8:37-39 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.​

To even suggest that God is not able to keep us is a horrible thing....and unscriptural. 1 Cor. 3:15

drbrumley

That lack of faith shows your trust in NOT in the Lord Jesus Christ, but in yourself. :sigh:

He is able....

2 Timothy 1:12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

He will perform....

Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:​

We are more than conquerors THROUGH HIM. Neither principalities nor powers, nor things present, NOR THINGS TO COME......nothing shall separate us from the love of God WHICH IS IN Christ Jesus.

Romans 8:37-39 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.​

To even suggest that God is not able to keep us is a horrible thing....and unscriptural. 1 Cor. 3:15

I love reading your posts....awesome explanation.

musterion

He is able....

He will perform....

Like Andy said above, he has faith in himself.

Myrrhcask

"Show me one person that was saved and didn't obey God."

Since all have sinned, except Jesus, everyone Jesus came to save has disobeyed God. And if one breaks any part of the law, he has broken the whole law.

James 2:10 says: "For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it."

This includes sins of omission as well as commission; those sins done inadvertantly as well as intentionally; those done that we are aware of and those that we may never realize we have committed. Any offense would break the whole body of law.

A better question would be, who could possibly obey the whole law on such a consistent basis that he would never transgress at some point? To which 1 John 1:8 says: "If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us."

Our ability to obey God is too weak a leg to stand on, though the desire to obey Him is an important indicator of whether we truly know God or not. To know Him is to love Him. And to love Him is to obey Him, though we will never be able to obey Him perfectly in this life. The purpose of our obedience is not to gain favor or even to demonstrate our devotion. God doesn't need for us to prove anything to him. He knows us intimately. Our obedience is simply a by-product of learning to know Him and to imitate Him. He asks nothing of us that He does not already do. So, obedience just means getting to know Him as a way of life.

He loves us more than we can often receive. But by imitating Him, the barriers that keep us from receiving His love begin to dissolve. This may seem gushy for a theological discussion, but I never ceased to be moved by the kindness and patience of God's love. He is so gentle, and such a strong support to the weak. He knows all things and is all powerful, but there is no one who stoops further in humility for the sake of broken mankind.