Once Saved, Always Saved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECT: Once Saved, Always Saved

Salvation is moving from death to life. He who has died (with Christ) has been freed from sin.
    Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Titus 1

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

Ephesians 2:4-7 KJV
    (4) But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
    (5) Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved
    (6) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
    (7) That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
    They already know monsters exist.
    We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick M View Post
      Salvation is moving from death to life. He who has died (with Christ) has been freed from sin.
      It remains remarkable that so many continue to confuse that not as referring to Christ's death imputed on the Believer, but to some sort of a dying on one's own part.

No matter...you've noted The Book's take on this, this side of Romans 3, and it stands.

Romans 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

And...

Romans 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

And...

Galatians 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

Acts 17:11,12

Comment

Originally posted by Danoh View Post
        It remains remarkable that so many continue to confuse that not as referring to Christ's death imputed on the Believer, but to some sort of a dying on one's own part.
        Christ's death is imputed to a believer because a believer has died with Christ.

"Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life." (Romans 6:4)

A person can't be judged until they are resurrected.

Comment

Something that I heard someone say a long time ago and liked.

"Christ did not give His life to make bad men better. Christ gave His life to make dead men live."

We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
          We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

Comment

Originally posted by Danoh View Post

No matter...you've noted The Book's take on this, this side of Romans 3, and it stands.

Romans 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

And...

Romans 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.
            I don't attempt to come off one way or another, but I would be surprised if somebody ever accused me of being sanctimonious. Like Pops did. He seems confused.
            Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Titus 1

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

Comment

Originally posted by Tambora View Post
              Something that I heard someone say a long time ago and liked.

"Christ did not give His life to make bad men better. Christ gave His life to make dead men live."

Sozo always said things like that. TOL brought to me many sayings and phrases I had not heard, but describe what I think. "Exchanged life" is one of them.

While the Lord Jesus Christ did not preach grace to the circumcision, he did preach that when they were saved, as we mean it, there was not going back. They just had to earn it.

John 5

24 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.

Titus 1

Ephesians 5

Comment

Sozo always said things like that.
                He was one of my favorites.

Comment

He was one of my favorites.

You mean Dave? We had some good fights, then I got too old to keep up with him, yet we were good friends on the forum.
                  So, what?

believe it!

Comment

Originally posted by Ktoyou View Post

You mean Dave?
                    Yes.

We had some good fights, then I got too old to keep up with him, yet we were good friends on the forum.
                    He was short on couthness, but boy oh boy the man could tell you flat out what grace is, and he despised anyone teaching against it with vigor!

Comment

He was short on couthness, but boy oh boy the man could tell you flat out what grace is, and he despised anyone teaching against it with vigor!
                      Is "lets agree to disagree" a stance ever taken by the Lord Jesus Christ? That is rhetorical, and not aimed at her. In case somebody gets the wrong idea.

Titus 1

Ephesians 5

Comment

Jesus told a young man if he wanted to enter into life, keep the commandments.

"But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments." (Matthew 19:17)

Comment

Yes.

We agreed on what Grace was, but he liked to have hot debates with me, until they came to name calling, which was very funny at the time.
                          So, what?

believe it!

Comment

Originally posted by jamie View Post
                            Jesus told a young man if he wanted to enter into life, keep the commandments.

"But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments." (Matthew 19:17)
                            How is that working out for you?

Titus 1

Ephesians 5

Comment

How is that working out for you?
                              Jesus knew the young man did not have God's Spirit.

Without God's Spirit no one can keep the commandments.

"But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions." (Matthew 19:22)

The young man put wealth before God. He wanted eternal life, but not bad enough to keep the commandments.

I suspect Jesus knew that would be the case. Jesus is a fairly good judge of character.

Comment

Working...
                              X