ECT Pregnant unmarried pastor refuses to step down from pulpit

musterion

A female preacher in New York who has become pregnant outside of wedlock says she won’t to step down from the pulpit, stating that she is not “sorry or ashamed."

Desiree Allen serves as the pastor of arts and spiritual formation at First Corinthian Baptist Church in New York City, which also runs the non-profit Dream Center in Harlem.

http://christiannews.net/2016/11/26...-wedlock-says-she-wont-step-down-from-pulpit/

Arts and Spiritual Formation is one of the gifts of the Holy Spirit, I guess.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Jer 8:12, Mt 15:19
stripper.gif

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Thank God we hold to the Biblical truth that only men can be priests and bishops. I don't even recognize that person as being a "preacher."

ttruscott

Not sorry nor ashamed - sounds like Eve being naked (uncovered before GOD by righteousness) and not ashamed...if it is for love it can't be evil because GOD is love, alas ignores that some love is mere idolatry for those not loved by GOD.

Her rebellion to the Spirit will continue until there is the one that opens her eyes to her sin and her shame so she may repent. Or not.

turbosixx

themuzicman

I don't understand the problem. If I understand you and most of the Christian world today, works have nothing to do with becoming or staying a Christian. As long as she believes 1 Cor. 1:1-4 she's saved and can never loose it. I would think this would help more people want to become a Christian.

Still a Christian, yes. Eligible to be a pastor, no.

turbosixx

Please explain. If still a Christian and still saved then this is a great example of the grace of God for all to see. Today most people don't want to get married but want to have someone in their life. Just think of all the people that will come to God and be saved because of her practicing what people are preaching today, "faith alone".

Here is a quote from a faith aloner:

"In Jesus Christ we have been justified and reconciled unto God, all by faith and by faith alone. Saving faith is Christ centered faith. It is not faith in a doctrine or in a religion, it is faith in the doing and the dying of Jesus, Plus nothing."

themuzicman

Please explain. If still a Christian and still saved then this is a great example of the grace of God for all to see.

Shall we go on sinning that grace may abound? May it never be.

9 I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— 10 not at all meaning the sexually immoral of this world, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. 11 But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler—not even to eat with such a one.

Today most people don't want to get married but want to have someone in their life. Just think of all the people that will come to God and be saved because of her practicing what people are preaching today, "faith alone".

Here is a quote from a faith aloner:

"In Jesus Christ we have been justified and reconciled unto God, all by faith and by faith alone. Saving faith is Christ centered faith. It is not faith in a doctrine or in a religion, it is faith in the doing and the dying of Jesus, Plus nothing."

You seem to be confusing justification and sanctification.

turbosixx

Shall we go on sinning that grace may abound? May it never be.

9 I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— 10 not at all meaning the sexually immoral of this world, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. 11 But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler—not even to eat with such a one.

That's works and not faith alone in Christ alone.

You seem to be confusing justification and sanctification.

Why should they be concerned with sanctification if they can be justified without it? Wouldn't more people want to come to Christ and be saved if they don't have to change their life style?

8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Aner

Is this really what we are spending our time worrying about?

We have an demonized, anti-Christ shortly to take the reins of the most powerful office in the world? Massive voter suppression and gerry-mandering. Oh - the church - of course - massive profiteering and propaganda in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ...

And we are spending time on some chick getting knocked up... as if that never happened before???

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Women are not allowed to stand at the pulpit, and to have one that is unmarried and pregnant pretty much damns the congregation altogether. Female 'pastors' bring Christianity down, sorry to have to be the one to say it. It's not adequate to the Spirit, and so it's nothing more than a vain service :rolleyes:

themuzicman

That's works and not faith alone in Christ alone.
Then you have no idea what "faith alone" means.

Why should they be concerned with sanctification if they can be justified without it? Wouldn't more people want to come to Christ and be saved if they don't have to change their life style?

8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Because the nature of this "faith alone" that saves is the kind of faith that results in actions consistent with that faith.

turbosixx

Again, you misrepresent faith alone. Faith alone speaks of the requirements for being justified.

Because if you truly have faith, you'll act in accordance with that faith.

Help me to understand because one statement contradicts the other.

You're saying by her actions she doesn't truly have faith. Since she doesn't truly have faith is she saved? Assuming she believes.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

i.e. she's still a follower of Christ but can't share His word in an official capacity?

Seems to me that if someone truly is the first, there should be nothing keeping them from being the latter.

Are there different standards for Christians?

Acts 26:20