ECT Do those who believe MAD have no problem disregarding what Jesus actually taught ?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
All those scriptures mean is that Paul was sent to preach the gospel to the gentiles and Peter was sent to preach the gospel to the Jews.

Same message of Grace different folks with different backgrounds.

The gospel 'of' the circumcision is rooted in Abraham, post-circumcision.

The gospel 'of' the uncircumcision is rooted in Abram, pre-circumcision.

dodge

When John the Baptist appeared to Israel and said, "Repent, for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand." What did those that heard him and responded to him think that he meant by the term?
What was the only data that they had in order to understand what he meant?

What did the angel Gabriel mean when he said to Mary:

Luk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
Luk 1:33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob[Israel] for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Steko, your questions and scriptures have no hint of 2 different gospels.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So you believe Paul was being disobedient to God when he baptized Crispus and Gaius ?

Matthew 28:19 KJV
(19) Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Paul did not do that.
So do you believe Paul was being disobedient to GOD when he did not go into the world baptizing all believers in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit?

Not only did Paul not carry out that command, but wasn't even sent to do that command (as the others were) in the first place, and goes on to thank GOD that he didn't do it.

dodge

The gospel 'of' the circumcision is rooted in Abraham, post-circumcision.

The gospel 'of' the uncircumcision is rooted in Abram, pre-circumcision.

Steko, there is only 1 gospel and only 1 way for anyone to be born again. It is all by , through, and in Christ Jesus, and it is ALL provided by GRACE.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
(19) Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Paul did not do that.
So do you believe Paul was being disobedient to GOD when he did not go into the world baptizing all believers in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit?

Not only did Paul not carry out that command, but wasn't even sent to do that command (as the others were) in the first place, and goes on to thank GOD that he didn't do it.

Within any visible church body, the Elders have different callings and duties . . but they are all the same. Every duty is the proclamation of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Some preach, some minister to the sick, some perform baptisms, some administer the bread and wine to the congregation, etc. All as instructed to be done in the name of Jesus Christ to proclaim the good news of His life, death, and resurrection (the Gospel!)

You speculate about Paul and misrepresent his words quite badly. I hope the Holy Spirit convicts you of wrongly teaching, for the judgment against you will be very bad if you do not repent.

dodge

Paul did not do that.

Madist divide Paul from Peter and Paul from Jesus , sadly

Co 1:12
Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.

1Co 1:13
[B]Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?
[/B]

Madist cause division between Christ and Paul, and Paul said this should NOT be so.

Madist do not even pay attention to Paul or Jesus.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
All those scriptures mean is that Paul was sent to preach the gospel to the gentiles and Peter was sent to preach the gospel to the Jews.

Same message of Grace different folks with different backgrounds.
Not the same message.
One was the gospel of the circumcision.
One was the gospel of the uncircumcision.

It does NOT say to preach the gospel of the circumcision to the uncircumcision.
And it does NOT say to preach the gospel of the uncircmcision to the circumcision.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
(19)

To give answer to this specific wrong . . .

There were elders in the church who used performing baptisms as a way to build up a following in their names. This is what Paul spoke against and was glad he never was idolized because he baptized a lot of folks, as others enjoyed.

Points made that differ are not the same. You are confusing Christ's command for believers to be baptized, with the egocentric abuse of the practice that Paul did not approve.

dodge

Not the same message.
One was the gospel of the circumcision.
One was the gospel of the uncircumcision.

It does NOT say to preach the gospel of the circumcision to the uncircumcision.
And it does NOT say to preach the gospel of the uncircmcision to the circumcision.

You reject the truth of the very GOSPEL to stay in error.

YOU cannot find 1 place where Jesus taught or even implied that there was 1 gospel for Jews and another for gentiles.

Anyone saved is saved through GRACE provided by Jesus.

You keep repeating a false narrative. The verses you quoted means that Paul was to preach the gospel to the Gentiles and Peter was to preach the SAME gospel to the Jews. yet, to stay in your error you create confusion, ignore Jesus, Paul, the OT and the other Apostles who all preached the same gospel.

DAN P

Steko, there is only 1 gospel and only 1 way for anyone to be born again. It is all by , through, and in Christ Jesus, and it is ALL provided by GRACE.

Hi and just where does Paul say YOU must be BORN AGAIN , with a verse ??

dan p

heir

TOL Subscriber
Yes, we are baptized with the Holy Spirit upon regeneration, but that baptism is invisible. We witness to the eyes of the world that we identify with the life and death of Jesus Christ, through the practice of water baptism, in obedienced to Christ's instructions.
We are baptized BY one Spirit, not "with" (1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV) and the water baptism after the traditions of men that you so desperately want to insert into the believer's walk is contrary to the worthy walk of the vocation wherewith we are called!

Ephesians 4:1 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

Ephesians 4:2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;

Ephesians 4:3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

Ephesians 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Ephesians 4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

dodge

Do you need to be water baptized in order to have your sins forgiven and receive the gift of the Holy Spirit?

No, but to be obedient to Jesus anyone that names His name will do as He commanded .

I personally believe that most ( not all ) folks that get baptized are already saved and are making a public proclamation of a change that has already happened.

Jesus said if you deny me before men I will deny you before my Father.