ECT Mad finds itself in the trash by applying simple logic

andyc

So are you saying that Jesus would have stoned the man and the woman to death if everything had been done according to how you think it should have been done?

It's actually irrelevant BTW, because it was more of a theological trap, not an actual trial.

andyc

COULDN'T condemn her. Without the man present, He would have violated His own Law by condemning her.

No it doesn't.

Condemnation is not just death itself. To be condemned is the fact that her sin is unforgivable from a legal perspective. What you're implying is that her sin was not going to put her in a grave immediately, but she was still guilty and condemned by God through the law.

No other christian sect on the planet is going to agree with you here because it is so monumentally insane. That's why at the start of this thread I warned everyone to get ready for the kind of nonsense you are merrily throwing up on our screens.

The woman may have believed later. Maybe she didn't. We can't know.

Believed what?

There's no forgiveness of adultery under the law?

But as far as what the Record DOES say, she appears to have gone away in unbelief. Relieved that she wasn't stoned, sure, and maybe convicted...but no indication she repented, so no indication that He forgave her.

Sorry you don't like that that's what it says, but that's what it says.

From your perspective, there was no possible hope of forgiveness. The penalty for adultery is death.

Danoh

As with many true accounts throughout the OT as to what they often actually represent; it's rather obvious to me what the following, true account, also actually represents...

John 8:3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst, 8:4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act. 8:5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou? 8:6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not. 8:7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. 8:8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground. 8:9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. 8:10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? 8:11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

What were the Ten Commandnents originally written with?

Who is it the Law and the Prophets prophesy will one day lift himself up, or rise, to come and do some things prophesied of him?

What is Jesus using to write on the ground the obvious list of each their sins with?

Who does this adultress woman that He forgives represent?

What adultress womean is it the Law and the Prophets prophesy the God of Israel will forgive of her sin of adultry one day?

And what - oh never mind...the Mads know what I am going on about...

musterion

Condemnation is not just death itself. To be condemned is the fact that her sin is unforgivable from a legal perspective. What you're implying is that her sin was not going to put her in a grave immediately, but she was still guilty and condemned by God through the law.

No other christian sect on the planet is going to agree with you here because it is so monumentally insane. That's why at the start of this thread I warned everyone to get ready for the kind of nonsense you are merrily throwing up on our screens.

Believed what?

There's no forgiveness of adultery under the law?

From your perspective, there was no possible hope of forgiveness. The penalty for adultery is death.

Answer the question. What's the main difference between adulterous David and the adulterous woman, as far as what we know of each?

You already know the answer. That's why you're not touching it.

andyc

Answer the question. What's the main difference between adulterous David and the adulterous woman, as far as what we know of each?

You already know the answer. That's why you're not touching it.

Dealt with it before you even arrived :chuckle:

andyc

Who does this adultress woman that He forgives represent?

What adultress womean is it the Law and the Prophets prophesy the God of Israel will forgive of her sin of adultry one day?

And what - oh never mind...the Mads know what I am going on about...

Well at least you're seeing that she was forgiven.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
How was David forgiven his adultery, murder, covetousness, etc?

What's the one clear, Biblical difference between David and the adulterous woman?

(and it isn't that David was a man or the king, either)

Depending on what may deem 'murder', David was guilty of something of such when he sent Bathsheba's husband to the front lines to die. Not only did he commit adultery, but he killed the husband to conceal it.

He did this to protect Bathsheba from the penalty of adultery, which is something rarely mentioned. God killed his son as retribution instead of putting them to death.

The reason God did this is remarkably simple, but also something Calvinist haters won't acknowledge :chuckle:

U n c o n d i t i o n a l
E l e c t i o n

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Vicarious lawkeeping is a lie.

If He kept the Law FOR us ("lived a perfect life on our behalf" as some say), rather than just dying for our sins and rising for our justification, then He Himself would need not have died since in effect no one would have broken the Law by virtue of His having kept it for us. We'd be absolved by His perfect lawkeeping and, thus freed, the Cross would have been pointless.

The perfect law keeping performed by Christ, was necessary for the legal imputation of His righteousness to our account.

His death dealt with our sin condition. (He was the "offering" presented to God)

His obedience under the Law was His Mediation as High Priest. (He officiated before God in our stead)

His blood shed ratified the New Covenant and finalized all performance thereof, forever.

You blaspheme the name of Jesus Christ when you claim all the above is a lie. :devil:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So are you saying that Jesus would have stoned the man and the woman to death if everything had been done according to how you think it should have been done?
There is no record of that happening. Speculation.
And it is not about how "I think" it should be done, it is about how it should be done per the law.

It's actually irrelevant BTW, because it was more of a theological trap, not an actual trial.
A theological trap about the law.

Danoh

Exodus 31:18 And he gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God.

Deuteronomy 32:18 Of the Rock that begat thee thou art unmindful, and hast forgotten God that formed thee.

Psalms 12:5 For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy, now will I arise, saith the LORD; I will set him in safety from him that puffeth at him.

Psalms 82:8 Arise, O God, judge the earth: for thou shalt inherit all nations.

Psalms 102:13 Thou shalt arise, and have mercy upon Zion: for the time to favour her, yea, the set time, is come.

Isaiah 60:2 For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee.

Jeremiah 3:1 They say, If a man put away his wife, and she go from him, and become another man's, shall he return unto her again? shall not that land be greatly polluted? but thou hast played the harlot with many lovers; yet return again to me, saith the LORD. 3:2 Lift up thine eyes unto the high places, and see where thou hast not been lien with. In the ways hast thou sat for them, as the Arabian in the wilderness; and thou hast polluted the land with thy whoredoms and with thy wickedness.

3:14 Turn, O backsliding children, saith the LORD; for I am married unto you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Zion: 3:15 And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding. 3:16 And it shall come to pass, when ye be multiplied and increased in the land, in those days, saith the LORD, they shall say no more, The ark of the covenant of the LORD: neither shall it come to mind: neither shall they remember it; neither shall they visit it; neither shall that be done any more. 3:17 At that time they shall call Jerusalem the throne of the LORD; and all the nations shall be gathered unto it, to the name of the LORD, to Jerusalem: neither shall they walk any more after the imagination of their evil heart. 3:18 In those days the house of Judah shall walk with the house of Israel, and they shall come together out of the land of the north to the land that I have given for an inheritance unto your fathers.

Luke 11:20 But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you.