ECT WHY I AM CATHOLIC

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
In fact, everything in the picture has to do with faith in Jesus as Lord and Savior. Funny how you insist on viewing---have been conditioned to view---every aspect of the Catholic faith exactly backwards.

Me too.

I do not think that word means what you think it means.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Think whatever you wish---that's the Protestant way, after all.
Praying to Mary to intercede on your behalf is not faith in Chridt, it is faith in Mary.
Believing the magisterium to justly lead is not faith in Christ, it's faith in men.
Followingbthe cataclysm is not faith in Christ, it's faith in men.
There was nothing in your poster of faith that said you are Catholic because if faith in Chrsit.

Cruciform

Praying to Mary to intercede on your behalf is not faith in Christ, it is faith in Mary.
Once again, you merely place your vast ignorance of Catholic teaching on public display [SOURCE][SOURCE].

Believing the magisterium to justly lead is not faith in Christ, it's faith in men.
False Dilemma Fallacy. Rather, since God chooses to work his purposes by means of human agents and agencies---most specifically, through Christ's one historic Church---to be led by the one is likewise to be led by the other. Therefore, to receive the authoritative teachings of the Magisterium is thus to receive the binding doctrines of Jesus Christ himself (Lk. 10:16; 1 Tim. 3:15).

Following the Catechism is not faith in Christ, it's faith in men.
See just above. (Note that Catholics could just as easily say to you: "Following the interpretations and opinions of your chosen recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect is not faith in Christ, it's faith in men.")

There was nothing in your poster of faith that said you are Catholic because if faith in Christ.
Every bit of it says precisely that, as has already been shown.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Since Jesus knows who are his he also knows who does not have his Spirit and are not his. Those who are not his are not being judged at this time, but they will be judged by his word (the Bible) at the Last Day. Those who are not his are free to believe whatever they want to believe.
You tell those who are involved in religious iniquity: good for their religious, but lost affiliation instead of preaching the word with all longsuffering and doctrine to them. What happened to take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee as they are giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils?

At least Catholics are against abortion and so-called same sex marriage. The rest is immaterial.
2 Timothy 2:4 KJV

Last edited:

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Once again, you merely place your vast ignorance of Catholic teaching on public display [SOURCE][SOURCE].

False Dilemma Fallacy. Rather, since God chooses to work his purposes by means of human agents and agencies---most specifically, through Christ's one historic Church---to be led by the one is likewise to be led by the other. Therefore, to receive the authoritative teachings of the Magisterium is thus to receive the binding doctrines of Jesus Christ himself (Lk. 10:16; 1 Tim. 3:15).

See just above. (Note that Catholics could just as easily say to you: "Following the interpretations and opinions of your chosen recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect is not faith in Christ, it's faith in men.")

Every bit of it says precisely that, as has already been shown.
Keep telling yourself that. Your arguments are not persuasive, they sound more like justifications.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Feel free, then, to actually disprove the content of Post #46, to which you have utterly failed to adequately respond here.

(Wait for it...)
I already have. Several times. Still waiting for the verse where Jesus told us to pray to His Mother. If you have no verse you have proven to be in error.

We'll wait for it.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
You tell those who are involved in religious iniquity: good for their religious, but lost affiliation instead of preaching the word with all longsuffering and doctrine to them. What happened to take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee as they are giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils?

2 Timothy 2:4 KJV

My name is not Timothy and I am not a preacher. Someone said, "Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap." (Galatians 6:7)

Cruciform

I already have.
So, then, no actual refutation whatsoever; that's what I thought.

Still waiting for the verse where Jesus told us to pray to His Mother.
Your demand for a "verse" for every Christian belief and behavior rests entirely upon the heterodox 16th-century Protestant notion of sola scriptura, which is itself nowhere taught in "Scripture alone," and so which simply and directly refutes itself. Catholics do not buy into the unbiblical and invented notion of sola scriptura, and so are not required to find every belief or behavior spelled out explicitly in the Bible. Try again.

If you have no verse you have proven to be in error.
Not even close (see just above).

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
...[T]he Holy Spirit intercedes for us.

Who is
emoticones_gestos_cruzando-los-dedos2_en.PlanetaEmoticon.com.gif
us? Eph 5:11 You've got a fish god hat; :eek:linger: that's all.
poisson.gif

See:

Roman Catholicism

Last edited: