ECT "PISTEUO", the secret of the universe....

Faither

BANNED
Banned
But if walk in the light, as He is in the light, … the blood *[the essential life] of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses [me] from all sin. (1 John 1:7)

*Walking by the actuality of God’s own DNA indwelling my soul. The one condition is that we walk in the light as God is in the light. God does not give a man a clean thing to look after, He puts a life within him that keeps him clean as long as he walks in the light, a superabounding life, “a well of water springing up into everlasting life.”

Great post ,

It gives a good understanding of what happens when we are living a life of pisteuo , " a continual surrendering of our lives to Him , and living a life inspired by such surrender ."

His " Grace deposit " is an actual substance , according to the Greek texts .

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Yes. It will be for me a grand time taking in much that is written by those who lived their lives unto Spiritual profit in Christ. My library is well stocked. Hope you have the same opportunity.

I would expect loosing power for a few days . We're near lynchburg so I think we're ok . But if God chooses to take us , were prepared for that also .

Rosenritter

The second fact I presented , the one you said was my opinion , I got it word for word out of the Strongs Greek dictionary . Here it is again .

Strongs : " pisteuo means NOT just to believe ."

You agreed with that at the start of our discussion . Is this where you begin the misrepresentations and name-calling .

No, that was where I unsubscribed from the thread.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
No, that was where I unsubscribed from the thread.

You unsubscribed from the thread when you refused to agree pisteuo is an act , based upon a belief , sustained by confidence . You refused to submit a better understanding , so I guess that means you think pisteuo is an act based upon nothing .

Last edited:

Faither

BANNED
Banned
The Greek word "pisteuo". Probably the most important word that we will ever hear as called out ones. I consider this word to be the "secret of the universe". Because one day, God will reveal the importance of "pisteuo," and everyone will know it was right there in front of us all the time.

I beat this drum of "pisteuo ", because without actively exercising "pisteuo", no one can have the relationship with Christ that the NT talks about. An indwelling Holy Spirit, being in Christ, having Gods nature flowing through us, the word of God being ours to look at like a mirror, the mind of Christ, to be able to have that continual praying without ceasing. Without "pisteuo," none of these things will come to pass.

With those things said, what exactly is "pisteuo?"

"Pisteuo" is the Greek word, a verb, that's corresponds with the Greek word, a noun, "pistis".

When pistis and pisteuo were translated into the English texts, Pistis is where we get our word
"faith", the noun, was no problem. But when the translators tried to find an English word for "pisteuo," there was none. Pisteuo is a verb, An act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence. The specific act that the Greek word pisteuo needed to translate to English is, the vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." The Strongs: "Pisteuo means not just to believe, but to be persuaded, to trust, to place confidence in, signifies reliance upon, not mere credence, hence it is translated "commit unto," "commit to ones trust,"Be commited unto".

Pisteuo is the word that describes, encompasses, and teaches us what NT saving Faith is. We should have had the words faither, faithing, and to faithe, for the translators to use when translating pisteuo into English. But only because they had no other choice, they had to go with believer, believing, and to believe. The word pisteuo and it's English mistranslations are used over 250 times in the NT. The words believer, believing, and to believe are only one third of what Nt saving Faith is. And building an understanding on any of these three words is not NT saving Faith.

Here are examples of how the Greek word "pisteuo " was mistranslated into the English . First will be an example with the mistranslated word " believes ", and a second example with the exact definition of the mistranslated word
" believes " .
The third example is with the word the English language should have had for the translators , " faithes " . A fourth example , with the exact definition of pisteuo " faithes " from the Vines Greek dictionary .

Mark 16:16

1. ) With mistranslated word " believes ".

He that ( believes ) and is baptized shall be saved " .

2 ) with the exact definition of the mistranslatied word " believes " .

" He that ( holds a good opinion of me , without the necessary relationship with me ) and is baptized shall be saved " .

3 ) with the correct translation of the Greek word pisteuo .

" He that ( faithes ) and is baptized shall be saved " .

4 ) with the exact definition of the Greek word pisteuo .

" He that ( personally surrenders their lives to Him , lives a life inspired by such surrender ) and is baptized shall be saved " .

Cross Reference

Here are examples of how the Greek word "pisteuo " was mistranslated into the English . First will be an example with the mistranslated word " believes ", and a second example with the exact definition of the mistranslated word
" believes " .
The third example is with the word the English language should have had for the translators , " faithes " . A fourth example , with the exact definition of pisteuo " faithes " from the Vines Greek dictionary .

" He that ( holds a good opinion of me , without the necessary relationship with me ) and is baptized shall be saved " .

" He that ( personally surrenders their lives to Him , lives a life inspired by such surrender ) and is baptized shall be saved " .

So I guess one is condemned if he doesn't continually remind himself how he is unless he recognizes his intimate faith in and of Jesus Christ isn't as you would have everyone believe it must be simply by acknowledging whatever you deem he must. I mean he is simply wasting his time, right?

Faither

BANNED
Banned
So I guess one is condemned if he doesn't continually remind himself how he is unless he recognizes his intimate faith in and of Jesus Christ isn't as you would have everyone believe it must be simply by acknowledging whatever you deem he must. I mean he is simply wasting his time, right?

Can you be more specific ?
But only if it pertains to the OP or my last post .

Cross Reference

Can you be more specific ?
But only if it pertains to the OP or my last post .

September 13th

After surrender—what?

"I have finished the work which Thou gavest Me to do." John 17:4.

Surrender is not the surrender of the external life, but of the Will; when that is done, all is done. There are very few crises in life; the great crisis is the surrender of the will. God never crushes a man’s will into surrender, He never beseeches him, He waits until the man yields up his will to Him. That battle never needs to be re-fought.

Surrender for Deliverance. “Come unto Me, and I will give you rest.” It is after we have begun to experience what salvation means that we surrender our wills to Jesus for rest. Whatever is perplexing heart or mind is a call to the will—“Come unto Me.” It is a voluntary coming.

Surrender for Devotion. “If any man will come after Me, let him deny himself.” The surrender here is of my self to Jesus, my self with His rest at the heart of it. 'If you would be My disciple, give up your right to yourself to Me.’ Then the remainder of the life is nothing but the manifestation of this surrender. When once the surrender has taken place we never need ‘suppose’ anything. We do not need to care what our circumstances are, Jesus is amply sufficient.

Surrender for Death. John 21:18–19 . “… another shall gird thee.” Have you learned what it means to be bound for death? Beware of a surrender which you make to God in an ecstasy; you are apt to take it back again. It is a question of being united with Jesus in His death until nothing ever appeals to you that did not appeal to Him.

After surrender—what? The whole of life after surrender is an aspiration for unbroken communion with God.

Oswald Chambers

Funny, we don't read any discussion re faith of whatever. I sortta have to believe the writer assumes for it.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
" believes " .

Sorry for the excessive bumping . I'm sure you know how it is with trolls .

Cross Reference

The troll shredder won't shred for me . But he'll shred for the troll . That's what doesn't make sense !

<puzzled> Question: What do you believe you have to gain for all your, what I would call, "picking fly dirt out of pepper"? That is what doesn't make sense to me.

Question 2: Did you ever reply to my asking if you thought you were born again? If so will you please explain what being "born again" means to you? Thanks.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
<puzzled> Question: What do you believe you have to gain for all your, what I would call, "picking fly dirt out of pepper"? That is what doesn't make sense to me.

Question 2: Did you ever reply to my asking if you thought you were born again? If so will you please explain what being "born again" means to you? Thanks.

Where is the troll shredder Sherman when you need him ?