ECT "PISTEUO", the secret of the universe....

God's Truth

Thank you for setting me straight.

I have to go for now. I would like to come back and discuss more. You will not get a deeper discussion from anyone else. You are trying to send the one away that will give you the most respect and understanding.

God's Truth

Attention Everyone,

Faither wants to change the words of the Bible from believe to surrender.

Yet, he says the word does not change anything for you faith aloners.

You still do not have to obey, according to Faither, so why not let him change the word believe to surrender? Lol

glorydaz

You say surrender has nothing to do with obedience. I have proven you wrong with scriptures and you want to send me away. That is ludicrous.

What's ludicrous is your failure to understand this "surrender" is turning (repentance toward God - a change of mind from unbelief to belief) and is the OBEDIENCE OF FAITH.

1 Thessalonians 1:8-10
8 For from you sounded out the word of the Lord not only in Macedonia and Achaia, but also in every place your faith to God-ward is spread abroad; so that we need not to speak any thing. 9 For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God; 10 And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.​

glorydaz

Attention Everyone,

Faither wants to change the words of the Bible from believe to surrender.

Yet, he says the word does not change anything for you faith aloners.

You still do not have to obey, according to Faither, so why not let him change the word to believe? Lol

You're a fine one to talk. You want to change the word believe to believe and obey....claiming that's the obedience of faith. :chuckle:

God's Truth

What's ludicrous is your failure to understand this "surrender" is turning (repentance toward God - a change of mind from unbelief to belief) and is the OBEDIENCE OF FAITH.

1 Thessalonians 1:8-10
8 For from you sounded out the word of the Lord not only in Macedonia and Achaia, but also in every place your faith to God-ward is spread abroad; so that we need not to speak any thing. 9 For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God; 10 And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.​

You do not SERVE God unless YOU OBEY HIM.

glorydaz

You do not SERVE God unless YOU OBEY HIM.

Walking by faith is not the obedience YOU preach.

You've been given every chance to understand the difference but your PRIDE has blinded you to the truth and clogged your ears with a wax that cannot be penetrated by the very word of God itself. How long will it be before you TURN TO God and believe...trusting Him instead of yourself?

It's so simple..... It's not repentance from sins, as you preach, but repentance TOWARD God. You're like Lot's wife who looked back and turned into salt. It's your pride that keeps you from going forward and walking by faith. Sin and obedience to commandments is all you know. That is all any man of the flesh knows.

Acts 20:21
Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.​

glorydaz

It is never ever wrong to obey Jesus or to preach obedience to God.

The Pharisees taught obedience to God and it did them no more good than it does you, because they sought to please God by their own efforts. That isn't faith and trust in God...it's trust in themselves.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Ya, gods truth. You've gone into the next phase of your development with personal attacks. Here's the Greek word for "obedeint". Please don't take this as, i want to further our discussion, because as it is now i don't.

This thread is about "pisteuo" comes from the root word "pistis". Pistis is the noun, and pisteuo is the corresponding verb. As i've stated if you had taken the time to read any of my posts is, the English language has no word for "pisteuo", therefore it was mistranslated into English as believe, believer, and believing.

Your word "obedient" comes from a completely different root. It's "hupakoe" in the Greek. 5218, 5219 in the strongs.

So as you can see "Hupakoe" (obedience) has nothing to do with Saving faithing or "pisteuo".

Faither

BANNED
Banned
The Pharisees taught obedience to God and it did them no more good than it does you, because they sought to please God by their own efforts. That isn't faith and trust in God...it's trust in themselves.

Please keep your comments associated with the topic of the Greek word "pisteuo".
thanks.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Salvation is by Grace through faith.(pistis) Putting pistis into action or applying pistis is pisteuo. (Faithing)

The action of pisteuo is an act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence.

What is the specific action? Vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender."

It's not that difficult to understand.