Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"PISTEUO", the secret of the universe....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Galatians 2:16

English mistranslation of pisteuo: "Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith in Jesus Christ, even we have "believed" (mistranslation) in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by faith in Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified."

English corrected translation of "pisteuo" : "Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith in Jesus Christ, even we have surrendered our lives in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by faith in Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified."

Comment

• Originally posted by Faither View Post
      Galatians 2:16

English mistranslation of pisteuo: "Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith in Jesus Christ, even we have "believed" (mistranslation) in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by faith in Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified."

English corrected translation of "pisteuo" : "Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith in Jesus Christ, even we have surrendered our lives in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by faith in Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified."
      The Greek is "the faith OF Christ." You make a big deal about the Greek; so what gives?

Comment

• Originally posted by Danoh View Post
        The Greek is "the faith OF Christ." You make a big deal about the Greek; so what gives?
        I'm guessing you already know the answer to that question. The KJV is my source. This thread is about "pisteuo".

All these subjects your asking me about are great topics and i know a lot about them, but without "pisteuo", which you reject, your not qualified to discuss any of them.

Comment

• For me, the Word of God is like a mirror that can be held up to reflect any of Gods nature coming out of us. But in reality, we are living our own Epistles, good or bad. If i haven't surrendered my life to Christ, that mirror isn't mine to reflect off of.

All i have been doing here on this thread is holding up a definition of what "is" the most important word in the Scriptures. I rarely went outside of that object , thats only physically holding up someone elses translation. I never made this thread about my opinion, only the precise definition from the strongs and vines.

As the result of holding up this truth, here has been the response to it.

Idiot
          deliberately evasive
          lordship salvationist
          blind
          don't know what i'm talking about
          foolish
          religious fanatic
          duck
          distortionist
          outside the faith
          backwards
          preaching false gospel
          accursed
          know it all
          author of confusion
          calinist
          misplaced
          wrong
          over reliant
          reliance on notions
          fabricated my own gospel
          in error
          in need of a crutch
          made myself captive
          personal translations
          false posts
          have pagen higher power
          trading addictions
          drunk
          liar x 2
          dense
          drunk on pride
          cherry picker
          delusional
          a waste of time
          have cart before the horse
          third grader
          fools view
          on high horse
          jerry shugart
          legalistic

All these names I've been called for simply holding up a strongs and Vines definition of pisteuo.

I put this on here so those of you that have participated in the misrepresentation might look in this mirror at the reflection of yourselves and what is flowing out of you.

Comment

• Factoid : "When God repeats Himself pay extra attention." Most of the time when God repeats Himself, it's maybe once or twice. How will we fair, if we've openly rejected the true meaning of "pisteuo", arguably the most important word in the Scriptures.

He repeated it 248 times. How much extra attention are you giving it?

Comment

• Now why am I not surprised you have kept a nice, fat, juicy, ever growing "short accounts" based list of "o how" you "suffer for Jesus."

To the left of that list; another list - your version of the grace legalist's "short accounts" based list of who has towed the line, who has offended them. In short; of who can and who can not fellowship with them based on their own criteria.

In the middle, an image of what this is actually all about for your kind: your narcissism.

To your recovery one day soon "Faither."

The sooner you put away "Vine's and Strong's definitions" and get - in - THE - Book's definitions - and - STAY - IN - THE - Book - ALONE - the sooner you can begin to recover your self.

Even under the Law, such was the required remedy...

Isaiah 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Comment

For me, the Word of God is like a mirror that can be held up to reflect any of Gods nature coming out of us. But in reality, we are living our own Epistles, good or bad. If i haven't surrendered my life to Christ, that mirror isn't mine to reflect off of.

All i have been doing here on this thread is holding up a definition of what "is" the most important word in the Scriptures. I rarely went outside of that object , thats only physically holding up someone elses translation. I never made this thread about my opinion, only the precise definition from the strongs and vines.

As the result of holding up this truth, here has been the response to it.

Idiot
                deliberately evasive
                lordship salvationist
                blind
                don't know what i'm talking about
                foolish
                religious fanatic
                duck
                distortionist
                outside the faith
                backwards
                preaching false gospel
                accursed
                know it all
                author of confusion
                calinist
                misplaced
                wrong
                over reliant
                reliance on notions
                fabricated my own gospel
                in error
                in need of a crutch
                made myself captive
                personal translations
                false posts
                have pagen higher power
                trading addictions
                drunk
                liar x 2
                dense
                drunk on pride
                cherry picker
                delusional
                a waste of time
                have cart before the horse
                third grader
                fools view
                on high horse
                jerry shugart
                legalistic
                narcissist

All these names I've been called for simply holding up a strongs and Vines definition of pisteuo.

I put this on here so those of you that have participated in the misrepresentation might look in this mirror at the reflection of yourselves and what is flowing out of you.
                Narcissist, got it. i'll put it on the list. You can't attack the text, so attack what the text is written on or the one presenting it. Don't make it so complicated,it's not me you have a problem with, its the greek texts.

Comment

Narcissist, got it. i'll put it on the list. You can't attack the text, so attack what the text is written on or the one presenting it. Don't make it so complicated,it's not me you have a problem with, its the greek texts.
                  No, it's reliance on definitions by men - Strong and Vine - that I take issue with.

Scripture is its own concordance and as a result of that; its own dictionary.

This is why you are unable to answer the question "what is the intended sense of the phrase 'the faith OF Christ?'"

Were you the issue, in my mind, then I would not be hoping the best for you in this, now would I?

Do you even know what I mean by 'Scripture is its own concordance and as a result of that; its own dictionary'?

The best to you in this.

Comment

No, it's reliance on definitions by men - Strong and Vine - that I take issue with.

Scripture is its own concordance and as a result of that; its own dictionary.

This is why you are unable to answer the question "what is the intended sense of the phrase 'the faith OF Christ?'"

Were you the issue, in my mind, then I would not be hoping the best for you in this, now would I?

Do you even know what I mean by 'Scripture is its own concordance and as a result of that; its own dictionary'?

The best to you in this.
                    So are you saying that the Greek texts have a different "concordance" than the English texts?

Comment

So are you saying that the Greek texts have a different "concordance" than the English texts?
                      I'm saying that if you are going to rely on Strong's and Vine's, you are missing out on how such resources are properly made use of.

Do a search on here (TOL) through its concordance or word search tool. I once wrote an article on here for those who might tend to over rely on Strong's - on how to properly use it in one's word studies...

Comment

• Here it is...

http://theologyonline.com/showthread...-s-Concordance

Comment

I read your article, and am very aware of context. The teacher who taught me, being at a professor at Stanford university level was aware of it to. He also taught the Scriptures didn't have chapter and verse , or punctuation, a lot of things can change the meaning and context of the original authors. But that is who we are supposed to be protecting right, the original texts.

You seem to be trying to protect an understanding that came from the mistranslation of "pisteuo".

Here's an honest question, please give an honest answer. Before 2 weeks ago, did you know that the English language had no verb for the Noun Faith? That "believe" is a mistranslation?

Comment

• I first encountered it back in about 92' or thereabouts.

I'd received an advanced copy in the mail of some new translation. Checking for how they had translated the various passages wherein Paul uses the phrase "the faith OF Jesus Christ," I found they had translated it "faith IN..."

So I called them and ended up having a long conversation with one of its' translators.

He brought up your same assertion about pisteuo. But then kept insisting that "Christ needs no faitlh."

He was contradicting their own translation.

We went round and round, he kept concluding that was what I was saying, so we said our good byes.

Its why I asked you what you understand "the faith OF Christ" is a reference to. You came back with that translator's same translation "faith IN."

In other words, you did not answer my question.

But its answer is why we differ.

I'll leave it to you to sort that out

Comment

I first encountered it back in about 92' or thereabouts.

I'd received an advanced copy in the mail of some new translation. Checking for how they had translated the various passages wherein Paul uses the phrase "the faith OF Jesus Christ," I found they had translated it "faith IN..."

So I called them and ended up having a long conversation with one of its' translators.

He brought up your same assertion about pisteuo. But then kept insisting that "Christ needs no faitlh."

We went round and round, he kept concluding that was what I was saying, so we said our good byes.

Its why I asked you what you understand "the faith OF Christ" is a reference to. You came back with that translator's same translation "faith IN."

Remember, the teacher i learned from has the largest collection of biblical manuscripts in private hands behind the Vatican. He had access to every translation under the sun, and new how to read them. He taught in depth about the "in Christ" verses "of Christ" issue. His translation of choice was the KJV. But there were other translations that might give a better picture of what the authors were saying.

I've thought about the Faith of Christ issue in my own mind, my teacher never supported the "of Christ" thats in some translations. For Christ to have faith there would have had to be something in the future He didn't know about, that wasn't a fact to Him yet. That to me could only be when He "gave His life" (pisteuo) that He had no assurance that the Father would restore Him to His former Glory. Jesus "surrendered His life" (pisteuo) to the fact that He "trusted in" (pisteuo) the Father to restore Him to His former glory.

I don't spend a lot of time thinking about theorys that can't be supported by the in depth years of mining in Gods Word my Teacher has done.
                              Last edited by Faither; March 10th, 2016, 09:20 PM.

Comment

I first encountered it back in about 92' or thereabouts.

You first knew in 92 that "pisteuo" couldn't be translated into English? And that the word "believe" was a mistranslation? Did you know the English language had no verb for the noun faith?

Comment

Working...
                                X