Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We are not Israel, but the Body of Christ

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ECT: We are not Israel, but the Body of Christ

    The Body of Christ is not Israel, a replacement for Israel or "spiritual Israel" (as we often hear). The Body of Christ is not born again, but a "new creature" (2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV). Members of the Body of Christ are never referred to as priests, but Israel shall be an holy nation of priests (Matthew 19:28 KJV, 1 Peter 2:9 KJV). Can you think of any other differences between that of Israel and the BoC?
    2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

    Paul defines the word of truth as the gospel of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13 KJV). Now, study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed by rightly dividing it!

  • #2
    Originally posted by heir View Post
    The Body of Christ is not Israel, a replacement for Israel or "spiritual Israel" (as we often hear). The Body of Christ is not born again, but a "new creature" (2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV). Members of the Body of Christ are never referred to as priests, but Israel shall be an holy nation of priests (Matthew 19:28 KJV, 1 Peter 2:9 KJV). Can you think of any other differences between that of Israel and the BoC?
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

    Jim Elliot

    Comment


    • #3
      I love sister heir.

      Originally posted by Interplanner
      They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
      Originally posted by Interplanner
      You're too literal to get it.
      Originally posted by Interplanner
      The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by SaulToPaul View Post
        I love sister heir.

        Lol - so do I but she just scrunches up her face at me.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by SaulToPaul View Post
          I love sister heir.

          Did you know, Mayor, that the name "Lydia" means Native of Lydia, but that's not where she's from....she's from Greensboro?

          Wonder what heir's name is?
          Saint John W

          Comment


          • #6
            Christ is the king of Israel. All His subjects are in His Body.
            "It is easier to contend with evil at the first than at the last." - Leonardo da Vinci

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by elohiym View Post
              Christ is the king of Israel. All His subjects are in His Body.
              Yes,

              and in his Kingdom.

              LA
              My theology is that the elect of Israel became the scattered church among the nations, and when filled up with the full number of gentiles who believe to become one with them, then Christ will return and gather them, and God will then pour out His wrath on the unbelievers of both Jew and Gentile.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by heir View Post
                Members of the Body of Christ are never referred to as priests...
                The head of the Body is our High Priest and He claims we are one with Him in His Body, so how do you figure he's the only priest in the Body? Did born again Levites cease being priests when they joined the Body? Do you believe the prophecy in Revelation about being priests and kings only applies to Jews?
                "It is easier to contend with evil at the first than at the last." - Leonardo da Vinci

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by elohiym View Post
                  The head of the Body is our High Priest and He claims we are one with Him in His Body, so how do you figure he's the only priest in the Body? Did born again Levites cease being priests when they joined the Body? Do you believe the prophecy in Revelation about being priests and kings only applies to Jews?
                  Nope, He is the Head of the Body that members of the Body of Christ comprise.

                  He is not the Body's priest; He is the mediator between God and lost men; the means to their being reconciled with God by the Son's finished work through the Spirit.

                  The Body has direct access to the Father.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by john w View Post
                    Did you know, Mayor, that the name "Lydia" means Native of Lydia, but that's not where she's from....she's from Greensboro?

                    Wonder what heir's name is?
                    Mary, Mary, quite contrary?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Danoh View Post
                      Nope, He is the Head of the Body that members of the Body of Christ comprise.

                      He is not the Body's priest; He is the mediator between God and lost men; the means to their being reconciled with God by the Son's finished work through the Spirit.

                      The Body has direct access to the Father.
                      The priesthood which enters the Holy Place has direct communion with Christ, but they minister as priests to those at the gate of the temple.

                      So it is even today.

                      Only the true priests can understand, and see it--

                      Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

                      1Co 2:6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

                      LA
                      My theology is that the elect of Israel became the scattered church among the nations, and when filled up with the full number of gentiles who believe to become one with them, then Christ will return and gather them, and God will then pour out His wrath on the unbelievers of both Jew and Gentile.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Danoh View Post
                        Nope, He is the Head of the Body that members of the Body of Christ comprise.
                        I haven't said otherwise.

                        Originally posted by Danoh View Post
                        He is not the Body's priest;
                        "where Jesus has entered as a forerunner for us, having become a high priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek."


                        Originally posted by Danoh View Post
                        He is the mediator between God and lost men; the means to their being reconciled with God by the Son's finished work through the Spirit.
                        I haven't said otherwise.

                        Originally posted by Danoh View Post
                        The Body has direct access to the Father.
                        Meaning? Contrasted with...?
                        "It is easier to contend with evil at the first than at the last." - Leonardo da Vinci

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Hebrews 4:15 For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin.

                          Can you claim that about yourself, Danoh?
                          "It is easier to contend with evil at the first than at the last." - Leonardo da Vinci

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by elohiym View Post
                            Hebrews 4:15 For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin.

                            Can you claim that about yourself, Danoh?
                            No...I'm stuck on higher ground...(seated IN Him).

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Danoh View Post
                              No...I'm stuck on higher ground...(seated IN Him).

                              You are seated in Israel's High Priest, right?
                              "It is easier to contend with evil at the first than at the last." - Leonardo da Vinci

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X