ECT Forgiving and Forgiveness

brinny

I guess I missed it

I forgive you.
4chsmu1.gif

Jamie Gigliotti

Does that mean that if a believer cannot force himself to forgive someone then he will lose his salvation?

A believer can not force himself towards good (forgiveness). When I did not want to forgive, I knew it was no good for me, my family, God, but I did not want to forgive I was wounded, my family was wounded. I wanted revenge. God changes hearts. But also he wants us to desire change, to repent. God showed me that I had to forgive before I was destroyed, my family was destroyed. As my mind was convinced (the truth); my heart needed the work that only He could do... He convinced my mind, I sought his healing in my heart (prayer). My will was involved but He did the work. He gets all the credit, all the Glory!

Jerry Shugart

A believer can not force himself towards good (forgiveness). When I did not want to forgive, I knew it was no good for me, my family, God, but I did not want to forgive I was wounded, my family was wounded. I wanted revenge. God changes hearts. But also he wants us to desire change, to repent. God showed me that I had to forgive before I was destroyed, my family was destroyed. As my mind was convinced (the truth); my heart needed the work that only He could do... He convinced my mind, I sought his healing in my heart (prayer). My will was involved but He did the work. He gets all the credit, all the Glory!

The question which I was addressing is in regard to a Christian's fate if he couldn't forgive someone who had seriously harmed his family. No matter how many times He prayed to the Lord for help He just couldn't find the strength to forgive those people.

So if he died before He was able to find that forgives would he lose His salvation?

Yes or No?

Jamie Gigliotti

The question which I was addressing is in regard to a Christian's fate if he couldn't forgive someone who had seriously harmed his family. No matter how many times He prayed to the Lord for help He just couldn't find the strength to forgive those people.

So if he died before He was able to find that forgives would he lose His salvation?

Yes or No?

I follow Jesus and have hope for Salvation, working it out in fear and trembling. I had no hope when I willfully followed what I wanted, which was revenge.

Jerry Shugart

I follow Jesus and have hope for Salvation, working it out in fear and trembling. I had no hope when I willfully followed what I wanted, which was revenge.

True believers have already been given eternal life, and that life is in the Son (1 Jn.5:11).

And the Lord Jesus said that all those who to whom He gives eternal life will never perish (Jn.10:28)..

So at this moment anyone who truly believes already has eternal life in the Son and will never perish.

Jamie, that means that all true believers possess eternal security.

Rejoice!

God's Truth

True believers have already been given eternal life, and that life is in the Son (1 Jn.5:11).

And the Lord Jesus said that all those who to whom He gives eternal life will never perish (Jn.10:28)..

So at this moment anyone who truly believes already has eternal life in the Son and will never perish.

Jamie, that means that all true believers possess eternal security.

Rejoice!

Matthew 5:13
[ Salt and Light ] “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.

Matthew 8:12
But the subjects of the kingdom will be thrown outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”

Luke 13:28
“There will be weeping there, and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but you yourselves thrown out.

Luke 14:35
It is fit neither for the soil nor for the manure pile; it is thrown out. “Whoever has ears to hear, let them hear.”

Jerry Shugart

Matthew 5:13
[ Salt and Light ] “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.

Matthew 8:12
But the subjects of the kingdom will be thrown outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”

Luke 13:28
“There will be weeping there, and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but you yourselves thrown out.

Luke 14:35
It is fit neither for the soil nor for the manure pile; it is thrown out. “Whoever has ears to hear, let them hear.”

None of those verses address what is said at 1 John 5:11 and at John 10:28.

Jerry Shugart

1 Timothy 3:6
He must not be a recent convert, or he may become conceited and fall under the same judgment as the devil.

You cannot ever rectify the scriptures with false teachings.

you still have not proven that anything I said about 1 John 5:11 and John 10:28 is in error.

Do you think that the verse you quoted proves that what the Lord Jesus said in those two verses is in error?

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Yes or No?

No I do not believe so.

Mark 11:25-26
"And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses. But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses."

Luke 6:36
Therefore be merciful, just as your Father also is merciful.

With Mark 11:26-26 there is no mention of an unforgiving saved person being lost, I think that if a person is unforgiving and remains such at death, they may not be very comfortable in heaven.

Forgiveness is not that hard, believe me I know. It is the love of Christ through the Holy Spirit that prompts us to forgive, when we follow the that leading, we'll find forgiveness is easy to give.

Last edited:

heir

TOL Subscriber
The four Gospels bring the message of hope to a lost and dying world, to anyone who will listen.
No, Psalmist. The gospel in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John (the gospel of the kingdom) is a different gospel than that which Paul preached (1 Corinthians 15: 1-4 KJV) altogether and the Bible tells us why (1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV). Paul was committed the dispensation of the gospel (1 Corinthians 9:17 KJV, Galatians 1:11-12 KJV). Before the gospel of Christ was revealed to and through Paul it was kept secret since the world began (Romans 16:25-27 KJV).

They exposed to the truth John 14:6, we always hope it will lead to Romans 10:9-10, 13, Saved!
Neither of those passages are the gospel that is the power of God to save today (Romans 1:16 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15: 1-4 KJV)
John 10:16
"And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd."
We're not sheep, but a new creature (2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV) and the Lord is not our shepherd! Paul never uses the term "shepherd" to describe the risen, glorified Lord Jesus Christ!

Acts 28:28-31
"Therefore let it be known to you that the salvation of God has been sent to the Gentiles, and they will hear it!" And when he had said these words, the Jews departed and had a great dispute among themselves. 30 Then Paul dwelt two whole years in his own rented house, and received all who came to him, 31 preaching the kingdom of God and teaching the things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ with all confidence, no one forbidding him.
Yes, and the Gentiles that Paul is talking about here are like that of the Ephesians to whom Paul wrote the letter (people like you and me). They (and we) were in time past without hope and without God in the world (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV) which included the time of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John which is TO Israel as the Lord was sent, "but unto" at that time Matthew 15:24 KJV, Romans 15:8 KJV as I showed you before.

That the salvation of God would be sent to Gentiles such as we is dispensation of the grace of God information that was in other ages not made known unto the sons of men,...(Acts 20:17-21 KJV, Ephesians 3:1-6 KJV). That God will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth is a due time message (2 Corinthians 5:19-21 KJV, 1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV) and Paul is the due time testifier (Acts 20:24 KJV, 1 Timothy 2:7 KJV)!

You have no business (nor does anyone else) telling people they need to forgive in order to be forgiven by God. That's the devil's business today (2 Corinthians 11:3 KJV, 2 Corinthians 11:13-15 KJV, 2 Thessalonians 2:7 KJV). Why are you labouring for the god of this world? Can't you see the difference between having to forgive to be forgiven (Luke 11:25-26 KJV) and forgive one another because you are forgiven (Ephesians 4:32 KJV)? Can't you see that preaching and teaching that Luke 11:25-26 KJV is to us is contrary to us as we've already been forgiven all trespasses (Colossians 2:13 KJV)? And why don't you believe God about forgiveness today? Why don't you believe you already have it?

If you're saved, it's time for you to build on the foundation a wisemasterbuilder Paul laid (1 Corinthians 3:10 KJV), approve things that are excellent (Phillippians 1:9-10 KJV) and study to shew thyself approved unto God (2 Timothy 2:15 KJV) that when you stand at the judgment seat of Christ, your work does not go up in smoke as wood, hay and stubble and you suffer loss of reward (1 Corinthians 3:10-15 KJV) because as you should be able to see from the scriptures, what you are teaching right now is NOT what Paul preached concerning forgiveness (Ephesians 4:32 KJV, Colossians 2:13 KJV). What you are preaching is an other gospel (Galatians 1:8-9 KJV) and teaching that which is contrary to sound doctrine that we are exhorted to speak (Titus 2:1 KJV). Stop it!

Get with Paul in Romans through Philemon and teach no other doctrine as TO us today (1 Timothy 1:3 KJV, 2 Timothy 1:13 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:2 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:7-8 KJV).

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

No, Psalmist. The gospel in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John (the gospel of the kingdom) is a different gospel than that which Paul preached (1 Corinthians 15: 1-4 KJV) altogether and the Bible tells us why (1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV).

In what way do these words differ from the gospel which Paul preached:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (Jn.3:16).​

Get with Paul in Romans through Philemon and teach no other doctrine as TO us today (1 Timothy 1:3 KJV, 2 Timothy 1:13 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:2 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:7-8 KJV).

Prove it!

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No, Psalmist. The gospel in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John (the gospel of the kingdom) is a different gospel than that which Paul preached (1 Corinthians 15: 1-4 KJV) altogether and the Bible tells us why (1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV). Paul was committed the dispensation of the gospel (1 Corinthians 9:17 KJV, Galatians 1:11-12 KJV). Before the gospel of Christ was revealed to and through Paul it was kept secret since the world began (Romans 16:25-27 KJV).

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.

Romans 10:9-10
9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Romans 10:13 For "whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved."

I believe they do.

Neither of those passages are the gospel that is the power of God to save today (Romans 1:16 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15: 1-4 KJV)
We're not sheep, but a new creature (2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV) and the Lord is not our shepherd! Paul never uses the term "shepherd" to describe the risen, glorified Lord Jesus Christ!

Then you need to take Psalm 23 from your Bible and any place else where we are referred to as sheep, for you are like black sheep of the fold, a fence crawler sheep that is filled rebelion and cares not for the Chief Shepherd.

So Paul is greater than Jesus Christ.

Yes, and the Gentiles that Paul is talking about here are like that of the Ephesians to whom Paul wrote the letter (people like you and me). They (and we) were in time past without hope and without God in the world (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV) which included the time of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John which is TO Israel as the Lord was sent, "but unto" at that time Matthew 15:24 KJV, Romans 15:8 KJV as I showed you before. That is dispensation of the grace of God information that was in other ages not made known unto the sons of men,...(Ephesians 3:5 KJV). That God will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth is a due time message (2 Corinthians 5:19-21 KJV, 1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV) and Paul is the due time testifier (Acts 20:24 KJV, 1 Timothy 2:7 KJV)!
You have no business (nor does anyone else) telling people they need to forgive in order to be forgiven by God.

I probably do not, but I didn't say it. If you do not agree, then you are found to be fighting against Christ, because Jesus Christ said it.

25 "And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses. 26 But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses."

That's the devil's business today (2 Corinthians 11:3 KJV, 2 Corinthians 11:13-15 KJV, 2 Thessalonians 2:7 KJV).
Now the devil is Christian, and helping Jesus.
Why are you labouring for the god of this world? Can't you see the difference between having to forgive to be forgiven (Luke 11:25-26 KJV) and forgive one another because you are forgiven (Ephesians 4:32 KJV)? Can't you see that preaching and teaching that Luke 11:25-26 KJV is to us is contrary to us as we've already been forgiven all trespasses (Colossians 2:13 KJV)? And why don't you believe God about forgiveness today? Why don't you believe you already have it?

If you're saved, it's time for you to build on the foundation a wisemasterbuilder Paul laid (1 Corinthians 3:10 KJV), approve things that are excellent (Phillippians 1:9-10 KJV) and study to shew thyself approved unto God (2 Timothy 2:15 KJV) that when you stand at the judgment seat of Christ, your work does not go up in smoke as wood, hay and stubble and you suffer loss of reward (1 Corinthians 3:10-15 KJV) because as you should be able to see from the scriptures, what you are teaching right now is NOT what Paul preached concerning forgiveness (Ephesians 4:32 KJV, Colossians 2:13 KJV). What you are preaching is an other gospel (Galatians 1:8-9 KJV) and teaching that which is contrary to sound doctrine that we are exhorted to speak (Titus 2:1 KJV). Stop it!

1 Cor. 2:2
For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.

Paul's gospel.

IMJerusha

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.

Romans 10:9-10
9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Romans 10:13 For "whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved."

I believe they do.

Then you need to take Psalm 23 from your Bible and any place else where we are referred to as sheep, for you are like black sheep of the fold, a fence crawler sheep that is filled rebelion and cares not for the Chief Shepherd.

So Paul is greater than Jesus Christ.

I probably do not, but I didn't say it. If you do not agree, then you are found to be fighting against Christ, because Jesus Christ said it.

25 "And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses. 26 But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses."

Now the devil is Christian, and helping Jesus.

1 Cor. 2:2
For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.

Paul's gospel.

Baruch HaShem!