ECT What's MAD?

vfirestormv

Do they believe in works for salvation? Jesus did teach the Old Testament law, but we read in Romans that Abraham was saved by faith before the law. Christ came to fulfill the law.

No they do not believe in salvation by works, but they also don't see salvation by faith as having any works to it. In other words Abraham is not saved as we are today according to them because he had faith but he had works in that he had to leave the country where he was.
Noah was saved by faith and works because he had to build the Ark.
Where I see that they had these works because of their faith.
They all looked forward to the cross, which is what the animal sacrifices represented, and we look back at the cross. Though it was not fully realized then as Christ still had fulfilled those things yet.

vfirestormv

Does MAD not use some of the books of the bible?

They will tell you yes, that all the Bible is for us but not all is to us. But try arguing your point using something Jesus said or Peter or something from the OT and they will stick their nose in the air and say "Not to us..." Basically you could try to quote anything from Romans to Philemon and they might listen, unless of course it goes against what they believe then even that does not fully apply.

ARMcCarley

No they do not believe in salvation by works, but they also don't see salvation by faith as having any works to it. In other words Abraham is not saved as we are today according to them because he had faith but he had works in that he had to leave the country where he was.

Noah was saved by faith and works because he had to build the Ark.

Where I see that they had these works because of their faith.

They all looked forward to the cross, which is what the animal sacrifices represented, and we look back at the cross. Though it was not fully realized then as Christ still had fulfilled those things yet.

Ok, I agree with you.

vfirestormv

Do not get me wrong, I believe most of them may be saved in spite of themselves, but their doctrine is definitely twisted.

way 2 go

After you get that answer ask a lot more questions as well. Their view on salvation for today is basically sound. Grace alone, by faith alone in Christ alone. But it is the butchering of the Bible that is wrong. Peter and the other apostles and those saved in Acts 2 and even Cornelius are not a part of the Body of Christ, they are a different church. They are saved by obeying. As well as all those under the Law. Which I don't understand all those animal sacrifices if that is the case.
It all sounds good on the surface but there are a lot of holes in the theology.

that i would like to see "the holes in Mid Acts Dispensation"
:sherlock:

ARMcCarley

vfirestormv, I'm guessing the main matter is dispensationalism. Thanks for summing it up for me. What's you denomination?

vfirestormv

that i would like to see "the holes in Mid Acts Dispensation"
:sherlock:

For starters the OT saints being justified by obeying the law. How were those before the law saved? How were the Gentiles before the law saved?
What did all those animal sacrifices represent? Did they forgive sins?
How many ways have there been throughout history to get to heaven, kingdom of heaven, kingdom of God, kingdom of Christ? Are all those the same or different?
Why was Hebrews-Revelation written so late in the 1st century when that other gospel was going to be done away with after the death of the apostles?
These are just for starters, and the ship is already about sunk.

vfirestormv

I thought Baptists are MADS.

No sweetheart we are just mad in general. Because people butcher God's holy word and Christ ends up not getting the honor of every single person that has been saved form Adam to the last that shall be saved.

Or people that don't give Christ the honor due him for being the second person in the Godhead, trinity...

heir

TOL Subscriber
What's MAD?
A pejorative used against those who believe the Body of Christ began with the apostle Paul (1 Timothy 1:16 KJV), that he was committed a dispensation of the gospel (1 Corinthians 9:17 KJV) and later given the dispensation of the grace of God for you Gentiles (Ephesians 3:1-12 KJV).

meshak

BANNED
Banned
No sweetheart we are just mad in general. Because people butcher God's holy word and Christ ends up not getting the honor of every single person that has been saved form Adam to the last that shall be saved.

Or people that don't give Christ the honor due him for being the second person in the Godhead, trinity...

whatever.

heir

TOL Subscriber
link to listen to "The Plot" an explanation of Mid Acts Dispensation

http://kgov.com/bel/20141204

should give it a listen when you have some time 69min

ARM: Skip "The Plot" and pick up a King James Bible believing every word. Recognize that while all scripture is given by inspiration of God and is FOR us (2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV) it's not all to us. If you want to know what God hath done and what He is doing today, you'll find it in the form of sound words of Romans through Philemon.

ARMcCarley

ARM: Skip "The Plot" and pick up a King James Bible believing every word. Recognize that while all scripture is given by inspiration of God and is FOR us (2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV) it's not all to us. If you want to know what God hath done and what He is doing today, you'll find it in the form of sound words of Romans through Philemon.
I use the HCSB and is all the other books not to us? (the lost?)

vfirestormv

Oh, and you can't find it in Gen - Rev.? I see as much of Christ in the OT as I ever have in the NT. Granted it was veiled to them back then though. But it was still to and for them just as all 66 books are to and for me. I have 66 love letters from God. How many you have?