Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask RC Sproul Show Video

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Totton Linnet View Post
    You are refuting scripture not me

    ...tell God about it.
    You don't believe the scripture !
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by beloved57 View Post
      You don't believe the scripture !
      I believe this scripture

      Himself carried our diseases and bare our sicknesses
      One lavished upon in the Beloved
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Totton Linnet View Post
        I believe this scripture

        Himself carried our diseases and bare our sicknesses
        No you dont, neither do you understand it ! You dont believe the Gospel, and neither does sproul, he neglected a spiritual truth of the Gospel as it pertains to the spiritually saving death of Christ, all for whom He died were healed 1 Peter 2:24 so that they live unto God 1 Pet 2:24

        24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

        Peter is telling believers why it is they become believers or to live unto Righteousness, because Christ's stripes healed them ! That word healed iaomai means :


        I.to cure, heal


        II.to make whole

        A.to free from errors and sins, to bring about (one's) salvation

        To bring about ones salvation means to:

        to cause to come into being; make happen ! His stripes caused their Spiritual Salvation to happen, to come into being ! Do you believe that ?
        "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
        preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
        called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
        a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

        Charles Spurgeon !

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by beloved57 View Post
          No you dont, neither do you understand it ! You dont believe the Gospel, and neither does sproul, he neglected a spiritual truth of the Gospel as it pertains to the spiritually saving death of Christ, all for whom He died were healed 1 Peter 2:24 so that they live unto God 1 Pet 2:24

          24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

          Peter is telling believers why it is they become believers or to live unto Righteousness, because Christ's stripes healed them ! That word healed iaomai means :


          I.to cure, heal


          II.to make whole

          A.to free from errors and sins, to bring about (one's) salvation

          To bring about ones salvation means to:

          to cause to come into being; make happen ! His stripes caused their Spiritual Salvation to happen, to come into being ! Do you believe that ?
          I don't believe in contortions no.

          The scripture is quite plain. To be save means to be made every whit whole. Spiritually, mentally and bodily.

          Himself bare our sins in His own body on the tree that we being dead unto sin might LIVE unto righteousness.
          Himself carried our diseases and bare our sicknesses that we might be healed.
          The chastisement for our peace was laid upon Him that God would be a present help in our time of trouble
          He bore our sorrows and carried our griefs.

          There is full redemption for the whole man at the cross. So it is in scripture so we SEE in the apostles.

          Moreover God is not going to do one thing more for the salvation of mankind...Calvary is sufficient.
          One lavished upon in the Beloved
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Totton Linnet View Post
            I don't believe in contortions no.

            The scripture is quite plain. To be save means to be made every whit whole. Spiritually, mentally and bodily.

            Himself bare our sins in His own body on the tree that we being dead unto sin might LIVE unto righteousness.
            Himself carried our diseases and bare our sicknesses that we might be healed.
            The chastisement for our peace was laid upon Him that God would be a present help in our time of trouble
            He bore our sorrows and carried our griefs.

            There is full redemption for the whole man at the cross. So it is in scripture so we SEE in the apostles.

            Moreover God is not going to do one thing more for the salvation of mankind...Calvary is sufficient.
            Do you believe that Christ's death/stripes alone caused all for whom He died to be experimentally saved so that they Live unto Righteousness ? Yes or No ?

            And if one does not become experimentally saved so that they live unto Righteousness, it is because Christ's stripes were not for them ? Yes or No !
            "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
            preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
            called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
            a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

            Charles Spurgeon !

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by beloved57 View Post
              Do you believe that Christ's death/stripes alone caused all for whom He died to be experimentally saved so that they Live unto Righteousness ? Yes or No ?

              And if one does not become experimentally saved so that they live unto Righteousness, it is because Christ's stripes were not for them ? Yes or No !
              He was wounded for our transgressions He was bruised for our iniquities the chastisement for our peace was laid upon Him and by His stripes we are healed.

              Total redemption for the whole man.

              God would not do it in any other way....but we must BELIEVE....That's the rub

              If you believe He bore our sins then you must believe He carried our sickness
              One lavished upon in the Beloved
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Christian Liberty View Post
                I'm a Reformed Baptist myself, but I do get where they get paedobaptism from.
                Just one of the pieces of Roman baggage they never dumped, and never will. IIRC, both Calvin and Luther (both of whom were still more Catholic than not) believed in its efficacy.
                "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
                Terence Mc Lean

                [most will be very surprised]


                Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
                By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Totton Linnet View Post
                  He was wounded for our transgressions He was bruised for our iniquities the chastisement for our peace was laid upon Him and by His stripes we are healed.

                  Total redemption for the whole man.

                  God would not do it in any other way....but we must BELIEVE....That's the rub

                  If you believe He bore our sins then you must believe He carried our sickness
                  You don't believe because you made a condition that one must believe first, Peter said by His stripes we have been healed, not by believing were they healed, so you are a deceiver !
                  "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
                  preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
                  called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
                  a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

                  Charles Spurgeon !

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    ...if you are not saved by faith you are not saved.

                    People BELIEVE that our sins were miraculously transferred to Christ, for so the great doctors of the reformation have taught us to believe. Preachers preach it, God watches over His word to perform it. He imparts faith.

                    The doctors might as easily have taught that our infirmities and sicknesses were just as miraculously transferred to Christ, Preachers would preach that, God watching over His word would perform it, faith would be imparted.
                    One lavished upon in the Beloved
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Totton Linnet View Post
                      ...if you are not saved by faith you are not saved.

                      People BELIEVE that our sins were miraculously transferred to Christ, for so the great doctors of the reformation have taught us to believe. Preachers preach it, God watches over His word to perform it. He imparts faith.

                      The doctors might as easily have taught that our infirmities and sicknesses were just as miraculously transferred to Christ, Preachers would preach that, God watching over His word would perform it, faith would be imparted.
                      You can talk all you want, you believe in conditional salvation, you deny Jesus Death alone is enough and does causes one experimental Salvation, Spiritual Healing, you insist that it depends on faith, or the act of believing !

                      You also indicate that one can believe the Gospel when they don't believe the Gospel, for Limited atonement is part of the Gospel message, and you insist one can be a believer of the Gospel without believing limited atonement, that is crazy ! 1 Cor 15:3-4 is limited atonement, our sins apply s strictly to believers in that context !
                      "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
                      preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
                      called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
                      a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

                      Charles Spurgeon !

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X