ECT the Sixth Hour in John 19:14.

0scar

Romasn counted hours from sunrise to sunset. For the Romans, the sixth hour is noon. That is a fact extensivelly documented and totally accepted for all schollars with no exceptions.

The sixth hour is noon; but if you want to believe anything different it is up to you. The fact is that the sixth hour is noon with no doubt at all. If you can provide any evidence in contrary be welcome. If you cant, then your hypotesis of being this and that are totally imaginary and useless, but inducing other to be desieved into lies.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Romasn counted hours from sunrise to sunset. For the Romans, the sixth hour is noon. That is a fact extensivelly documented and totally accepted for all schollars with no exceptions.

The sixth hour is noon; but if you want to believe anything different it is up to you. The fact is that the sixth hour is noon with no doubt at all. If you can provide any evidence in contrary be welcome. If you cant, then your hypotesis of being this and that are totally imaginary and useless, but inducing other to be desieved into lies.
It is implied that this is in reference to the sixth hour of the night and not the sixth hour of the day.

As for time and clocks many begin a calendar day at midnight (12am). But I have proposed that Biblical days begin with sunset (sundown).

rstrats

Untellectual,

Oscar believes that the sixth hour of John 19:14 is referring to noon. To what AM or PM hour of the calendar day do you believe it is referring?

0scar

It is implied that this is in reference to the sixth hour of the night and not the sixth hour of the day.

As for time and clocks many begin a calendar day at midnight (12am). But I have proposed that Biblical days begin with sunset (sundown).

Biblical dates star at sundow.
Biblical hours count from sunrise, being the sixth = noon.
The sixth hour in John 19 is noon. There is not any implication in different interpretation, unless you can substain and demostrate such implication.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Biblical dates star at sundow.
Biblical hours count from sunrise, being the sixth = noon.
The sixth hour in John 19 is noon. There is not any implication in different interpretation, unless you can substain and demostrate such implication.
I know that in addition to hours of the day, there are hours of the night.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Untellectual,

Oscar believes that the sixth hour of John 19:14 is referring to noon. To what AM or PM hour of the calendar day do you believe it is referring?
That is a great question.

I don't know if I originally thought it to be midnight or noon.

I believe it is referring to the 14th of the 1st month. I believe each day begins at sunset and ends at sunset, if a day is composed of evening and morning.

rstrats

Untellectual,

re: "I don't know if I originally thought it [the 6th hour] to be midnight or noon. I believe it [John 19:14] is referring to the 14th of the 1st month."

If John 19:14 is referring to the 14th, and since you wrote in post #103 that "Jesus was crucified on ... the 14th", then the "6th hour" would have to be referring to midnight and not noon. Is that what your thought now is?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Untellectual,

re: "I don't know if I originally thought it [the 6th hour] to be midnight or noon. I believe it [John 19:14] is referring to the 14th of the 1st month."

If John 19:14 is referring to the 14th, and since you wrote in post #103 that "Jesus was crucified on ... the 14th", then the "6th hour" would have to be referring to midnight and not noon. Is that what your thought now is?
That is how I have been instructed and that is my current thought, yes.

0scar

Untellectual,

But despite what you should like to refer to, it refers to noon. If fact there is not any reference in all NT as the sixth hour, or any other hour being night hours unless specifically says.

0scar

It doesn't say midnight and it doesn't say noon, but that does not mean it does not refer to one of these.

ALL the hours refers to daytime unless specified. Normal hours goes from sunrise to sunset. Normally, there is no hours at night hours. When an exception is made, it is clarified as "of the night".

Arsenios

Arsenios,

re: "He appeared before Pilate on Friday at noon, and was condemned and crucified straight away..."

If by "Friday" you mean the sixth day of the week, how could the Messiah have been before Pilate at noon and be crucified at the third hour (Mark 15:25)?

Good point - I have some work to do...

Thank-you...

Arsenios

0scar

If Jesus was at Pilates at the sixth hour, wich in fact that is what John 19:14 clearly says, and was crucified by the third hour; then there is only a posible answer: Jesus was crucified next day at the third hour, after being at Pilates by the sixth hour.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
ALL the hours refers to daytime unless specified. Normal hours goes from sunrise to sunset. Normally, there is no hours at night hours. When an exception is made, it is clarified as "of the night".
I am thinking hours are in the day and a watch is in the night? What about an hour of the night?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
If Jesus was at Pilates at the sixth hour, wich in fact that is what John 19:14 clearly says, and was crucified by the third hour; then there is only a posible answer: Jesus was crucified next day at the third hour, after being at Pilates by the sixth hour.
He was NOT arrested on the 13th of the 1st month.