ECT Do you see All, Some, None of the Spiritual Gifts in Operation Today?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
God never said that He would take back the gifts He gave to the church. They will be in operation until we see Him Face-to-face. We won't need them, then. Until then, we do need them and they are available to those who make themselves available to God for His use.

You have seen the dead raised to life? We should be seeing that all over the place since there are still christians in the world, shouldnt we?

Aimiel

We should. Scripture says the last enemy to be destroyed is death. We will do the works Jesus did and greater works, just as He said we will. I haven't yet heard of anyone walking on water since Peter did, but no doubt greater works than that SHALL take place, since Jesus is at The Right Hand of The Father.

DAN P

rainee;3 Can anyone show me where he is not complaining about it or talking negatively? t?[/QUOTE said:
Hi and Paul did say that he would rather speak 5 words in our understanding than 10,000 words in an unknown tongue !!

1 Cor 13:8 Paul has written that Tongues or Languages have CEASED !!

dan p

Aimiel

Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away. -- I Corinthians 13:8

Shall cease does NOT mean, "already have ceased." when knowledge and prophecy are no longer necessary, tongues will also be no longer necessary. They are currently necessary. When we see God Face-to-face we will not need 'knowledge about' Him, because we will be like Him because we shall see Him as He is. We need to study to find out knowledge about God. We need to fellowship with His Spirit to come into a closer relationship with Him. When we have glorified bodies, these things will no longer be necessary. Until then...

Please use your brain while reading The Holy Scriptures, They will make MUCH more sense.

musterion

My lack? <shaw> You don't have a clue, bunky.

You quoted Christ and said believers must have the miraculous sign gifts. I asked you repeatedly not to lie and tell us if you have them. You have refused to say either way because you dare not lie before God about it. That can mean only that you don't have them.

oatmeal

Hi and Paul did say that he would rather speak 5 words in our understanding than 10,000 words in an unknown tongue !!

dan p

Yes, he did and the context was use of speaking in tongues out loud in the church.

Since speaking in tongues is a language unknown to the speaker and for the most part unknown to any listeners, (the most notable exception being the day of Pentecost, that was a miracle, for with so many languages available for one speaking in tongues to speak, that they spoke in tongues in words that the hearers could understand was unusual to say the least) hearing the sounds of a language foreign to them does nothing for their understanding.

I Corinthians 14:6-12

In order for a listener to be edified, the first step is to hear words they understand so that they can be edified. Seek that ye may excel to the edifying of the church.

Speaking in tongues accompanied with interpretation of tongues is valuable. I Corinthians 14:5,13

However, that misuse of speaking in tongues does not diminish the value of speaking in tongues in a person's private prayer life.

I Corinthians 14:14-15

Speaking in tongues, as the result of having received the gift of salvation, is God's introduction and the foundation to this age of grace for the believer. Acts 2:1-4

musterion

One key to this whole controversy is found in four words Paul wrote in 1 Cor 14:19:

BUT IN THE CHURCH...
Compare what comes before that phrase to what comes after, and especially to 1 Cor 14:22 and 1 Cor 1:22.

Cross Reference

Which fruit of the Spirit is lying? You quoted Christ when He said the miraculous would follow those who believe. Since they don't follow you, you must not believe.

Wrong again. You don't know when to quit, do you?

Learn some reading skills. Begin by opening your eyes.

Aimiel

Which fruit of the Spirit is lying? You quoted Christ when He said the miraculous would follow those who believe. Since they don't follow you, you must not believe.

That's why Jesus asked the question, "When the Son of man returns will He find faith in the earth?"

john w

Hall of Fame
Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away. -- I Corinthians 13:8

Shall cease does NOT mean, "already have ceased." when knowledge and prophecy are no longer necessary, tongues will also be no longer necessary. They are currently necessary. When we see God Face-to-face we will not need 'knowledge about' Him, because we will be like Him because we shall see Him as He is. We need to study to find out knowledge about God. We need to fellowship with His Spirit to come into a closer relationship with Him. When we have glorified bodies, these things will no longer be necessary. Until then...

Please use your brain while reading The Holy Scriptures, They will make MUCH more sense.

Those are the "super natural" gifts of prophecy, tongues, knowledge. For eg., you assert "'knowledge about' Him. No, obviously, "knowledge" will not cease, but this is not refrencing knowledge about God, but the super natural gift of the word of knowledge, that Peter demonstrated in Acts 5.

1 Corinthians 12:8 KJV
For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

The term "knowledge" in 1 Corinthians 13:8 KJV is referring to the same "word of knowledge" in 1 Corinthians 12:8 KJV.

Last edited:

musterion

Strange how Peter goes from correctly discerning lies, greed and bitterness in the hearts of others to admitting elements of Paul's revelation are hard to understand.

I wonder what in the world could have happened.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
We know you are not spiritual.

1Co 14:37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.
1Co 14:38 But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.

LA

Who is WE? Do you have a mouse in your pocket?

john w

Hall of Fame
Acts 5, and the inevitable consequences of failing to rightly divide the word of truth, per the 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV command:

Peter and “the 11” were promised by the Lord Jesus Christ:

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26 KJV

"Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come." Jn. 16:13 KJV

"And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost." John 20:22 KJV

"He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given." Mt. 13:11 KJV

"Boot Camp" for 40 days, taught by the Lord Jesus Christ:

"To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:... Acts 1:3 KJV

Realized at Pentecost:

"And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me. For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence." Acts 1:4-5 KJV

"And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance." Acts 2:4 KJV

"This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear." Acts 2:32-33

"And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness." Acts 4:31 KJV

(vs. Paul's instruction in this dispensation: "And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;..." Ephesians 5:18 KJV)

And this explains what was occurring in Acts 5 , i.e., how did Peter know?:

"But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession, And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles' feet. But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land? Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God. And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things. And the young men arose, wound him up, and carried him out, and buried him. And it was about the space of three hours after, when his wife, not knowing what was done, came in. And Peter answered unto her, Tell me whether ye sold the land for so much? And she said, Yea, for so much. Then Peter said unto her, How is it that ye have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the feet of them which have buried thy husband are at the door, and shall carry thee out.Then fell she down straightway at his feet, and yielded up the ghost: and the young men came in, and found her dead, and, carrying her forth, buried her by her husband. And great fear came upon all the church, and upon as many as heard these things. " Acts 5:1-11 KJV

Peter knew, from the miraculous gifts given by the Holy Spirit, "the power on high"(miraculous gifts, including healing, prophesying, tongues,"word of knowledge", raise the dead.......) he and others had received(as promised by the Lord Jesus Christ), that Ananias had "kept back part of the price of the land." This is "the word of knowledge" Paul references:

"For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit." 1Cor. 12:8 KJV

"Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away." 1 Cor. 13:8 KJV(this "knowledge" here is the miraculous gift of the word of knowledge, that Peter had in Acts 5, and which Paul was referring to above; obviously, knowledge will not vanish away, but only the miraculous gift of knowledge).

Peter was carrying out the instructions given him by the Lord Jesus Christ "to a tee", through the miraculous spiritual gifts given through the Holy Spirit.

Can believers in this dispensation have the “power” Peter had in early Acts?

Oh, yes...watch the Pat Roberton/CBN circus act, " I see a man in Mayberry, NC., with a tumor being removed...Claim your miracle today!!!!..Pahraaaaaaaaaaaaaaayz Gaaaaaaaaaaawd."

Charlatans....We are not going back to Pentecost, despite protests to the contrary....It will come again, however, when the LORD God resumes the prophetic program, including the supernatural sign gifts.....mainly dealing with the nation Israel, who are a "sign people."

heir

TOL Subscriber
Acts 5, and the inevitable consequences of failing to rightly divide the word of truth, per the 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV command:

Peter and “the 11” were promised by the Lord Jesus Christ:

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26 KJV

"Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come." Jn. 16:13 KJV

"And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost." John 20:22 KJV

"He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given." Mt. 13:11 KJV

"Boot Camp" for 40 days, taught by the Lord Jesus Christ:

"To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:... Acts 1:3 KJV

Realized at Pentecost:

"And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me. For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence." Acts 1:4-5 KJV

"And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance." Acts 2:4 KJV

"This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear." Acts 2:32-33

"And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness." Acts 4:31 KJV

(vs. Paul's instruction in this dispensation: "And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;..." Ephesians 5:18 KJV)

And this explains what was occurring in Acts 5 , i.e., how did Peter know?:

"But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession, And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles' feet. But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land? Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God. And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things. And the young men arose, wound him up, and carried him out, and buried him. And it was about the space of three hours after, when his wife, not knowing what was done, came in. And Peter answered unto her, Tell me whether ye sold the land for so much? And she said, Yea, for so much. Then Peter said unto her, How is it that ye have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the feet of them which have buried thy husband are at the door, and shall carry thee out.Then fell she down straightway at his feet, and yielded up the ghost: and the young men came in, and found her dead, and, carrying her forth, buried her by her husband. And great fear came upon all the church, and upon as many as heard these things. " Acts 5:1-11 KJV

Peter knew, from the miraculous gifts given by the Holy Spirit, "the power on high"(miraculous gifts, including healing, prophesying, tongues,"word of knowledge", raise the dead.......) he and others had received(as promised by the Lord Jesus Christ), that Ananias had "kept back part of the price of the land." This is "the word of knowledge" Paul references:

"For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit." 1Cor. 12:8 KJV

"Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away." 1 Cor. 13:8 KJV(this "knowledge" here is the miraculous gift of the word of knowledge, that Peter had in Acts 5, and which Paul was referring to above; obviously, knowledge will not vanish away, but only the miraculous gift of knowledge).

Peter was carrying out the instructions given him by the Lord Jesus Christ "to a tee", through the miraculous spiritual gifts given through the Holy Spirit.

Can believers in this dispensation have the “power” Peter had in early Acts?

Oh, yes...watch the Pat Roberton/CBN circus act, " I see a man in Mayberry, NC., with a tumor being removed...Claim your miracle today!!!!..Pahraaaaaaaaaaaaaaayz Gaaaaaaaaaaawd."

Charlatans....We are not going back to Pentecost, despite protests to the contrary....It will come again, however, when the LORD God resumes the prophetic program, including the supernatural sign gifts.....mainly dealing with the nation Israel, who are a "sign people."
That's some goooood teaching right there! :first: