ECT Do you see All, Some, None of the Spiritual Gifts in Operation Today?

musterion

There is nothing coming from you that should cause any to believe you are even saved much less, believe you are a completed Christian. So get your thoughts off me and back yourself, bunky. That would be the safe thing to do.

"Safe" how? Why are you threatening me? What will happen to me if I keep opposing your false doctrine?

musterion

From me?? Nothing. I hope you will pay attention in case someone offers up an "honest" inquiry.

No no...that's not how men do this.

You clearly said I'm at some kind of risk, so I'd best be "safe."

I want you to tell me right now what being "safe" would look like and what will happen to me if I don't.

You said it so man up and answer it.

Cross Reference

No no...that's not how men do this.

You clearly said I'm at some kind of risk, so I'd best be "safe."

I want you to tell me right now what being "safe" would look like and what will happen to me if I don't.

You said it so man up and answer it.

You can't be for real . . . . LOL!!! You don't even know what "clearly" means. How old are you?

godrulz

Hall of Fame
That which is perfect is all scripture (2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV).

The closing of the canon is NOT what is meant. I Jn. 3:2 The coming of Christ closes the Church Age and the gifts intended for it. There is no biblical or logical reason to tie gift cessation with canonicity (which was not formalized until much later after Paul, etc.).

oatmeal

All were Pentecostal Christians. Do you believe you would fit in that crowd?

Btw: Where does one go to "learn" the gifts of the Spirit?

I do not like that terminology, for many "Pentecostals" are violating the teachings of I Corinthians 14 about "let all things be done decently and in order" and other things

I speak in tongues, etc.

God's word tells us that there are nine manifestations of the spirit that are given to every man (believer) to profit withal.

I Corinthians 12:7-11

The instructions of how to operate those nine are given scripture. II Timothy 3:16-17, II Peter 1:3-4

Finding all that instruction and learning it all takes time.

I was taught it over a period of time from people who had searched out, studied and clearly taught it.

Because of them, it was simple for me to learn what I needed to know and more

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms (Eph 1:3).

Cross Reference

I do not like that terminology, for many "Pentecostals" are violating the teachings of I Corinthians 14 about "let all things be done decently and in order" and other things
I speak in tongues, etc.

That shouldn't change the terminology or our position in it, if we believe for it you as the scriptures teach we must.
Because there are those who are presumptuous in the gifts should make us wish God was an indian giver but, He is not and we are saddled with their error that one day will be sorted out by Him.

God's word tells us that there are nine manifestations of the spirit that are given to every man (believer) to profit withal.

I Corinthians 12:7-11

The instructions of how to operate those nine are given scripture. II Timothy 3:16-17, II Peter 1:3-4

Finding all that instruction and learning it all takes time.

I was taught it over a period of time from people who had searched out, studied and clearly taught it.

Because of them, it was simple for me to learn what I needed to know and more

I have no argument if your objective was "How to handle the Glory of God". If so, I completely understand.

Cross Reference

The closing of the canon is NOT what is meant. I Jn. 3:2 The coming of Christ closes the Church Age and the gifts intended for it. There is no biblical or logical reason to tie gift cessation with canonicity (which was not formalized until much later after Paul, etc.).

Preach it, Brother!

heir

TOL Subscriber
:blabla:

oatmeal

That shouldn't change the terminology or our position in it, if we believe for it you as the scriptures teach we must.
Because there are those who are presumptuous in the gifts should make us wish God was an indian giver but, He is not and we are saddled with their error that one day will be sorted out by Him.

I have no argument if your objective was "How to handle the Glory of God". If so, I completely understand.

The believers in the book of Acts were called, among other things, followers of the way, the lord Jesus Christ