ECT Our triune God

Lon

I did not add the quotes nor the color! Deal with it!
Thanks for the complment... I can-not accept credit for the NASB Rev 1:8 translation! :thumb:
Paul

You still don't understand. Read in your translation notes and you'll understand rather quickly your mistake, I'd imagine.

Lon

Yes. Even the NWT translators had no knowledge of the original languages.

http://www.lookinguntojesus.net/20021013.htm
I remember reading this before. I had a regional director from WA, OR, and ID representing the WT come to my home claiming he could read Greek. I pulled out my Greek NT and he left, with his disciple in tow, in a huff all mad at me. Why? Because I could read it and he couldn't? Did I embarrass him in front of his trainee? I can only imagine, I was nothing but nice.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
NWT is a sectarian perversion of Scripture that systematically removes the Deity of Christ, personality of the Holy Spirit, etc. The translators had no credibility to attempt a new version.

The average JW is clueless about exegesis, Greek, etc. This is also true of their Governing Body and writing dept. (that relies on 'Christendom's' scholars, but misquotes them, etc. or obscure sources that lack conservative, biblical credibility).

Wile E. Coyote

NWT is a sectarian perversion of Scripture that systematically removes the Deity of Christ, personality of the Holy Spirit, etc. The translators had no credibility to attempt a new version.

The average JW is clueless about exegesis, Greek, etc. This is also true of their Governing Body and writing dept. (that relies on 'Christendom's' scholars, but misquotes them, etc. or obscure sources that lack conservative, biblical credibility).
I invited a JW into my home once and we sat down at the dining room table. He laid out his NWT translation with a Greek-English Interlinear. Then I laid out my Bible with the actual Greek New Testament. He made a double take when he saw me lay down an actual Greek New Testament.

It turned out that we did not discuss the Greek.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
I invited a JW into my home once and we sat down at the dining room table. He laid out his NWT translation with a Greek-English Interlinear. Then I laid out my Bible with the actual Greek New Testament. He made a double take when he saw me lay down an actual Greek New Testament.

Their Kingdom Interlinear (Westcott/Hort) is a useful tool since the interlinear side is not twisted as bad as the English one. They claim it is more accurate, yet do not encourage its use since an informed Christian can use it against them.

glorydaz

I was saved because of a JW Bible....in a round-about way. I had been reading Late Great Planet Earth and was amazed by the prophecies, and what was happening in Israel (just after the six day war.) When some Witnesses came to my door, I was so excited.... UNTIL they read from John 1:1, and it said, "Jesus was A God. A big loud "gong" went off in my head. I knew something was wrong and went to look in my Bible, which, of course, didn't have the "A" in it.

From there the Lord led me to an old couple who happened to be believers. I asked them about it, and they preached the Gospel on the spot. I put down Late Great, picked up MY Bible, and the rest is history. :thumb:

Sorry if this is off topic, but, to this day, I can't help but be happy those people came to my door. ;)

Wile E. Coyote

I was saved because of a JW Bible....in a round-about way. I had been reading Late Great Planet Earth and was amazed by the prophecies, and what was happening in Israel (just after the six day war.) When some Witnesses came to my door, I was so excited.... UNTIL they read from John 1:1, and it said, "Jesus was A God. A big loud "gong" went off in my head. I knew something was wrong and went to look in my Bible, which, of course, didn't have the "A" in it.

From there the Lord led me to an old couple who happened to be believers. I asked them about it, and they preached the Gospel on the spot. I put down Late Great, picked up MY Bible, and the rest is history. :thumb:

Sorry if this is off topic, but, to this day, I can't help but be happy those people came to my door. ;)
Praise the Lord Jesus for your salvation!

Sorry if this is off topic, but, to this day, I can't help but be happy those people came to my door.
To testify of your salvation is not off topic.

Lon

Jesus is the "radiance" or ORIGINAL Light and Glory - a contribution from Wiley

Jesus is the "radiance" or ORIGINAL Light and Glory - a contribution from Wiley

1. Jesus is the "radiance" of the Father's glory.

Most translations of Hebrews 1:3 say that Jesus is the "radiance" of the glory. Some translations say "effulgence" which means the same thing. But the NWT (JW's) says that Jesus is the "reflection" of the glory.

What is the difference between radiance and reflection?

Radiance is the original light transmitted from a luminous body like the sun. The ray of light is related to the sun, and neither may exist without the other. The ray without the sun and the sun without the ray is inconceivable.

Reflection is the duplicated light bent back and is dependent upon the original light and a receptor for its existence.

Hebrews 1:3 expressly says that Jesus is the "radiance," that is, the ORIGINAL [Light] and Glory.

2. Jesus is the exact representation or 'charakter' (indistinct representation) of God's being.

In Leviticus 13:28 the Greek word 'charakter' is used in the LXX to translate the Hebrew "keheh" which means "obscure to the eye" or "indistinct." When a leprous spot in the skin had healed and the priest could see no difference in the skin where the spot was from the skin around it he could pronounce the man clean.

Therefore, it means that Jesus is the "indistinct representation of the [divine] substance." In other words, if a piece of the Father and a piece the Son could be studied together under a microscope we could not tell which was which! The eye could not discern a difference!

3. Jesus is "the glory" itself.

James 2:1 literally reads thus:

My brethren, do not hold the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, THE GLORY, with partiality.

Therefore, Jesus is God!

Wile E. Coyote

Their Kingdom Interlinear (Westcott/Hort) is a useful tool since the interlinear side is not twisted as bad as the English one. They claim it is more accurate, yet do not encourage its use since an informed Christian can use it against them.
The informed Christian can also use their NWT against them. I have done it. I have a copy inwhich I have made notations.

Apple7

The informed Christian can also use their NWT against them. I have done it. I have a copy inwhich I have made notations.

Absolutely!

Their version of the Book of Revelation was not very well edited - thus, we have numerous examples of the Trinity and deity interchangeability between the Father and Son even within this one book...

In fact, the very best way to get to the cults, is to use their very own scripture set against them. Most of the uni's on this board are not even cognizant enough to use unitarian rendered scriptures - but, instead unknowingly opt for Trinitarian rendered scriptures, of which, completely destroys their argument - even in English.

Great point, brother...

Lon

A great contribution from Steko

A great contribution from Steko

Because the LORD[YHVH], who is Creator GOD, said that He would raise up a Branch and a King in the lineage of King David and this one would be named LORD[YHVH]. Jesus can't be called LORD/YHVH unless He indeed is the Creator GOD.

Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD[YHVH], that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD[YHVH] OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

One will acknowledge Him as LORD now or later......but later is too late.

Pierac

*Note for those paying attention: The red letters are Jesus' words :)

Note for those paying attention... The red letters are Jesus words... The black are who's He's quoting... Like Paul...

So what’s your point?

Rev 1:8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God,

Note the light blue words are Paul talking…

2Co 6:18 "And I will be a father to you, And you shall be sons and daughters to Me," Says the Lord Almighty.

Geez Lon, You should know this stuff! As attending seminary you should know quoting God does not make one God! :think: You should be getting tired of me spanking your false interpertations again and again! :rolleyes:

:poly::sherlock:
Paul

Lon

Note for those paying attention... The red letters are Jesus words... The black are who's He's quoting... Like Paul...

So what’s your point?

Rev 1:8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God,

Note the light blue words are Paul talking…

2Co 6:18 "And I will be a father to you, And you shall be sons and daughters to Me," Says the Lord Almighty.

Geez Lon, You should know this stuff! As attending seminary you should know quoting God does not make one God! :think: You should be getting tired of me spanking your false interpertations again and again! :rolleyes:

:poly::sherlock:
Paul
1) I really dislike your mouth. Didn't anybody tell you why 'geez' is offensive? You like crude and crud too much.
2) Nope. Grade-school talks about the Red letters. They are Jesus' words, yet even in your quotes they immediately say "Says the Lord God." :doh: You :loser:ed again.

Lon

Heb 7:3 Without father, without mother, without genealogy, he has neither beginning of days nor end of life like the son of God, and he remains a priest for all time.

Heb 1:8 But to the Son He says, "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever. A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.
Heb 1:9 You have loved righteousness and hated iniquity, therefore God, Your God, has anointed You with the oil of gladness above Your fellows."

Isaiah 45:21 b) Is it not I, Jehovah? And there is no other God besides Me; a just God and a Savior; there is none besides Me.

Lon

A gem from Steko - thanks :up:

A gem from Steko - thanks :up:

Joh 10:15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father:

What kind of being can claim to know GOD the Father with the same capacity of knowledge, with which GOD the Father knows them?

glorydaz

Originally Posted by steko
Joh 10:15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father:

What kind of being can claim to know GOD the Father with the same capacity of knowledge, with which GOD the Father knows them?

And why would God have all of creation bowing before a man and confessing a man as Lord?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
And why would God have all of creation bowing before a man and confessing a man as Lord?

Act 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
Act 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
Act 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
Act 2:35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

1Co 15:23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
1Co 15:24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
1Co 15:25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
1Co 15:26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
1Co 15:27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
1Co 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

LA