X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Knight View Post
    The answer is no.

We are not going to promote any world views that lead to eternal damnation.
    So why are the Romanists and free-willers still allowed here?

Comment

• God has placed the record of Himself beyond the realm of reason. Reasoning away the Scriptures can only be accomplished by unbelief. If a believer cannot submit to the word of God, then there is no platform for him/her to stand upon before God and man.

Human reasoning, whether by the saint or sinner, will never apprehend the mind of God. The Scriptures are meant to be believed, not reasoned about. His word is established in the celestials, and His Spirit illuminates and testifies of its endlessness in the human spirit.

The Scriptures in their original form have remained unchanged for ages. If that is not proof enough to the reasoning mind, then an act of God to remove the blindness is required.

Such is the case of all who have believed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Christian Liberty View Post
        For a young pup, you sure are full of yourself

Comment

• Originally posted by Christian Liberty View Post
          Calvinists/Reformed are allowed to post here, based only on their word that they are Christians.

If that is allowed, it isn't a stretch to allow any of the Orthodox Christians (including Roman Catholics) to post here, since they are able to prove that they are Christians more effectively than any Calvinist could.

As for the free-will believers, they are the only ones that truly believe what the Bible says.
          Learn to read what is written.

_____
          The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
          ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Comment

• Some of us would rather discuss the differences and learn from them, without the sanctimonious, denigratory, "vulgar form of debate" that we find prevalent.

If I agree with you, I have nothing to discuss. If we disagree we have things to discuss and we can learn from each other. But when someone feels they have to be right, none of the merits of the discussion are addressed.

Rather we just see where the longest yellow line in the snow is.

Originally posted by Sozo View Post
            Unfortunately, I may be the only one who sees this as a step backwards, rather than forward.

I do not believe that everyone that comes here is here to debate, and there should be a sanctuary (of sort) to actually be safe from those who have no other agenda but to steal the truth from those who truly have a heart to know what that truth is.

I know that this may not be the main purpose of this site, but some people may have no other place to turn, and there are many out there who are hurting, and need to hear the hope that only those who have faith in the Jesus of the bible can offer them.

My main reason for being here, is to reach those people, and to stand firm in a presentation of the gospel that is undefiled, unperverted, and pure in it's simplicity.

That opportunity has been greatly diminished, and the cultist have won their day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heterodoxical View Post
              Some of us would rather discuss the differences and learn from them, without the sanctimonious, denigratory, "vulgar form of debate" that we find prevalent.

If I agree with you, I have nothing to discuss. If we disagree we have things to discuss and we can learn from each other. But when someone feels they have to be right, none of the merits of the discussion are addressed.
              Your posts in your thread, ECT: any good Christian would see gay marriage provided, done and over with, show how much you like the sanctimonious, denigratory, "vulgar form of debate", how little you want to learn from others, and how much you feel you have to be right.

Originally posted by Heterodoxical View Post
              Rather we just see where the longest yellow line in the snow is.
              Why don't you just keep your vulgarities to yourself?

_____
              The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
              ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Comment

• Originally posted by fivesense View Post
                God has placed the record of Himself beyond the realm of reason. Reasoning away the Scriptures can only be accomplished by unbelief. If a believer cannot submit to the word of God, then there is no platform for him/her to stand upon before God and man.

Human reasoning, whether by the saint or sinner, will never apprehend the mind of God. The Scriptures are meant to be believed, not reasoned about. His word is established in the celestials, and His Spirit illuminates and testifies of its endlessness in the human spirit.

The Scriptures in their original form have remained unchanged for ages. If that is not proof enough to the reasoning mind, then an act of God to remove the blindness is required.

Such is the case of all who have believed.
                "Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
                Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:"
                Philippians 2:5-6 (KJV)

Which Mind did He possess?
                Last edited by Cross Reference; May 15th, 2014, 05:12 AM.
                "That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;" Philippians 2:15 (KJV)

Comment

• ὃς ἐν μορφῇ θεοῦ ὑπάρχων, οὐχ ἁρπαγμὸν ἡγήσατο τὸ εἶναι ἶσα θεῷ who which in the pattern of the God originating thereon, he didn't deem to seize a thing which is the equality to the God;
                  Last edited by Omniskeptical; October 3rd, 2014, 02:03 PM. Reason: Off topic post needs to be purged.
                  John 1:1-2 εν αρχη ην ο λογος At the beginning, it was a word; και ο λογος ην προς ο θεος and a word, it was unto a God; και θεος ην ο λογος and the God, it was.. A word 2 ουτος a-such... 2 ην εν αρχη προς ο θεος ... it was at the beginning unto a God.

Yahweh is a word of God, not just Christ!

Comment

• Knight, I assume it is not technically possible to allow one to post on the Religion forum while restrict the same poster from the ECT forum?

So the rules devised for the ECT is only applied by those who willingly self regulate?

TomLaPalm

Comment

• I have been reading the rules of this site, and this sub-forum. From what I have gathered, non-believers are still permitted to ask questions in it. Does this still stand, or has it been changed and I just missed the post?

Unfortunately, it's a "what do you believe" question, which I don't like asking people (I prefer to read and study on those types of questions), but I am having difficulty finding an answer to my question. It is not a trick/trap question, as I despise those.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
                        I have been reading the rules of this site, and this sub-forum. From what I have gathered, non-believers are still permitted to ask questions in it. Does this still stand, or has it been changed and I just missed the post?

Unfortunately, it's a "what do you believe" question, which I don't like asking people (I prefer to read and study on those types of questions), but I am having difficulty finding an answer to my question. It is not a trick/trap question, as I despise those.
                        I would suggest you put the question in the Religion forum instead of the Exclusively Christian Theology forum.

_____
                        ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Comment

• Originally posted by genuineoriginal View Post
                          I would suggest you put the question in the Religion forum instead of the Exclusively Christian Theology forum.
                          I can do that. The reason I wanted to ask in the ECT is it pertains to Jesus (Crucifixion to be exact), and I wanted to keep out as much "background noise" as possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
                            I can do that. The reason I wanted to ask in the ECT is it pertains to Jesus (Crucifixion to be exact), and I wanted to keep out as much "background noise" as possible.
                            Right, Big Dave, you can't have an adult Christian conversation without having to reiterate the basics repeatedly on ECT.

Comment

• I'm brand new here, but I'd like to mention one other suggestion please. It's been my experience that Forums which allow for debates on Religion (or Politics)
                              always have a few who allow themselves to get carried away and before they know it, (they know! [emoji4])
                              ugly insults and terrible things are being said between people who should know better!
                              Anyway, just my 2 cents
                              worth of "Play Nice"
                              Thank You & God Bless!

Comment

• I believe that the Bible is inspired but I don't believe that the flood story is historically true.

Comment

Working...
                                X