ECT The new rules for the Exclusively Christian forum

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I realize this is not going to make everyone happy but I have discussed this issue with the other TOL owners and here is the decision we have made regarding the "Exclusively Christian Theology" forum.

Originally when we decided to create this forum we wanted a place to discuss AND debate Christian theology without unbelievers distracting the debate with mindless comments like... "so... how did all the animals fit on the ark?" or... "the Bible has been translated so many times.... bla bla bla".
:dunce:

The "Exclusively Christian Theology" forum was never intended to be a place where there would be no debate..... and excluding those who think they are Christian based on our standard of Christianity excludes too many possible participants to promote healthy debate.

Therefore...
The new standard for the "Exclusively Christian Theology" is to allow anyone to post here who considers themselves to be Christian and considers the Bible to be inspired by God.

Yes that creates a much bigger tent, but that's a good thing for healthy debate!

So... if you consider yourself a Christian and you consider the Bible to be the inspired word of God then you are welcome to post in the "Exclusively Christian Theology" forum.

Furthermore...
We are also willing to let any other unbeliever or follower of another religion post here if they are honestly seeking an answer to a question or have constructive input to the discussion. In other words... if an atheist has a question about God and he asks it in an honest, upfront way we will gladly deal with that question without booting him out of the forum.

Said in short...
This particular forum will be dedicated to debating biblical issues without debating the legitimacy of the Bible itself.

There are plenty of other forums here at TOL for debating the legitimacy of the Bible.

And unlike morality the above rules and guidelines are very SUBJECTIVE so we ask that you honor our moderators requests if your input if out of line for this particular forum.

If you have any questions regarding these new guidelines please ask them on this thread.
 

Sozo

New member
Unfortunately, I may be the only one who sees this as a step backwards, rather than forward.

I do not believe that everyone that comes here is here to debate, and there should be a sanctuary (of sort) to actually be safe from those who have no other agenda but to steal the truth from those who truly have a heart to know what that truth is.

I know that this may not be the main purpose of this site, but some people may have no other place to turn, and there are many out there who are hurting, and need to hear the hope that only those who have faith in the Jesus of the bible can offer them.

My main reason for being here, is to reach those people, and to stand firm in a presentation of the gospel that is undefiled, unperverted, and pure in it's simplicity.

That opportunity has been greatly diminished, and the cultist have won their day.

:cry:
 

Vitamin J

New member
Originally posted by Sozo
I know that this may not be the main purpose of this site, but some people may have no other place to turn, and there are many out there who are hurting, and need to hear the hope that only those who have faith in the Jesus of the bible can offer them.

My main reason for being here, is to reach those people, and to stand firm in a presentation of the gospel that is undefiled, unperverted, and pure in it's simplicity.

That opportunity has been greatly diminished, and the cultist have won their day.

:cry:
But how do we reach them if we can't talk with them?
 

Sozo

New member
Originally posted by Vitamin J

But how do we reach them if we can't talk with them?

That may be Knight's point about the use of constructive input, I don't know. But, for the most part it is the cultists who are the ones who claim Christianity, and have no desire to learn , but only to disrupt, that are our concern. Perhaps there is no way to keep them away.
 

Mateo

New member
Knight :D

Sozo :p



In all seriousness, it should be evident from the number of people who don't post but who do "look over our shoulders", as it were, that the exchanges between those who do post here on a regular basis form the body of an ongoing dialog amongst the body which has an effect beyond what appears onscreen and which the body would be the poorer for in it's absence. Paul was able to disagree with his brother in Christ to the point of going seperate ways and yet allowed room for said brother within the body and I am happy that TOL has seen fit to move forward in this spirit.
 

brother Willi

New member
This place is HUGE
lots of room
keep one spot atheist free
a spot where Christian can talk to Christian

Nothin against anyone
but at atheist sites I've seen it done
atheist only room
 

Duder

Over 750 post club
Sozo said:

Unfortunately, I may be the only one who sees this as a step backwards, rather than forward.

I do not believe that everyone that comes here is here to debate, and there should be a sanctuary (of sort) to actually be safe from those who have no other agenda but to steal the truth from those who truly have a heart to know what that truth is.

I know that this may not be the main purpose of this site, but some people may have no other place to turn, and there are many out there who are hurting, and need to hear the hope that only those who have faith in the Jesus of the bible can offer them.

My main reason for being here, is to reach those people, and to stand firm in a presentation of the gospel that is undefiled, unperverted, and pure in it's simplicity.

That opportunity has been greatly diminished, and the cultist have won their day.
_________________

Yep. I think Sozo's right.

Even if I am allowed to, I would not post in the threads below this one because I am not convinced that everything in the Bible is inspired by God or that the orthodox creeds are true on every point. People will want a sanctuary where they can commune with their fellows in peace, without having to deal with people like me who are given to making comments like "orthodox Christianity is mistaken" or "maybe the Bible is wrong".

The rule that asked doubters to keep quiet was like asking them not to shout their objections in a church service. They're welcome to come and read, but should post their objections and criticisms elsewhere.
 

karstkid

New member
Thanks, Knight!

Phew! I thought you were going to make this forum hyper-sectarian. Your "consider" requirements are excellent. Also, I think your moderators would have enough discernment to sniff out and chase out those who don't belong here.
 

SOTK

New member
Originally posted by Sozo

Unfortunately, I may be the only one who sees this as a step backwards, rather than forward.

I do not believe that everyone that comes here is here to debate, and there should be a sanctuary (of sort) to actually be safe from those who have no other agenda but to steal the truth from those who truly have a heart to know what that truth is.

I know that this may not be the main purpose of this site, but some people may have no other place to turn, and there are many out there who are hurting, and need to hear the hope that only those who have faith in the Jesus of the bible can offer them.

My main reason for being here, is to reach those people, and to stand firm in a presentation of the gospel that is undefiled, unperverted, and pure in it's simplicity.

That opportunity has been greatly diminished, and the cultist have won their day.

:cry:

Agreed. :up:
 

Lighthouse

Star-Spangled Kid
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
No, Tye. I really don't think Knight would allow that. As for whose allowed to post here, I am. So I'm glad. Because I consider both things to be true.
 

Nietzschean

BANNED
Banned
My question is this:
Will you then create for forum for Exclusively Non-Christian Theology?

I would think that the atheists and various non-Christian posters would enjoy a place on here where they can discuss things with a purely secular viewpoint without someone quoting the Bible constantly at them. I personally think that if you're going to do something for one group, you should do it for everyone.

That's my personal opinion anyway.
 

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Nietzschean

My question is this:
Will you then create for forum for Exclusively Non-Christian Theology?
The answer is no.

We are not going to promote any world views that lead to eternal damnation.

Jesus is.... the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Him.

We do not obscure the truth at TruthSmack.com or theologyonline.com.
 

Nietzschean

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by Knight

The answer is no.

We are not going to promote any world views that lead to eternal damnation.

Jesus is.... the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Him.

We do not obscure the truth at TruthSmack.com or theologyonline.com.

M'mkay, just checking. :thumb:
Mmm, hotdog. Visualize the hotdog.
 
Top