This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hrothgar_Odinnsson View Post
    No one says you have to like me, but you do have to respect me.

Hrothgar Odinsson
    Fire and Ice Kindred
    Nope, you earn that here.

Originally posted by Hrothgar Odinsson
    Wtf are you babbling about?

Godzrule Wtf are you trying to say?
    This isn't helping.

I think viking stuff is interesting tho', my middle name (Regner) is after Ragnar Lothbrock. (sp?)
    My dad's mom's family was Danish.
    Marge: "Aren't you going to give him the last rites?"
    Rev. Lovejoy: "That's Catholic, Marge - you might as well ask me to do a voodoo dance."

"Oh bother" said Pooh, as he chambered the next round.

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• I'm half Viking.

I make a mean lefse.
      Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
      TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

Comment

• Originally posted by Knight View Post
        I'm half Viking.

I make a mean lefse.
        That should get you into Valhalla, no? I think you're set!

Oh! I also used to make good mead, and mead ale Haven't done it in quite a while.
        Marge: "Aren't you going to give him the last rites?"
        Rev. Lovejoy: "That's Catholic, Marge - you might as well ask me to do a voodoo dance."

"Oh bother" said Pooh, as he chambered the next round.

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I have posted evidence. maybe you should read all of my posts.
          What cute little story have I posted? Either you don't read everything or you are so blind you cannot see the evidence I posted.
          But just so you have a feeling of accomplishment try this truth on for size.
          What you posted was not evidence. Its a story.

Fact: your god cannot destroy his only adversary.
          This is not a fact. God is fully capable of utterly destroying any adversary. He does not do so for His own purposes.
          Fact: your devil is allowed to have free reign over Earth, causing much disorder.
          The devil doesn't do that, men who choose to follow the devil do that. Men have a choice to make, love God or not. If we were all to choose God all the disorder would end.
          Fact: your god created your devil knowing full well exactly what he would do.
          God did not create the devil, God created Angels of which Lucifer was one. As with all of God's creation, God gave the angels free will. Lucifer grew prideful and fell from grace.
          Conclusion: either your god is impotent or evil
          Since your facts are not actually facts but mere assertions of your opinion, the conclusion does not logically follow when the actual facts are used. God is neither impotent nor evil. He is sovereign and He has a plan and a purpose.
          Galatians 5:22-23 (New International Version)

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

What are my fruits today?

Cityboy With Horses A blog about what happens when you say, "I Promise"

"Moral standards" are a lot like lighthouses: they exist to help us stay on course as we sail through life. But we have to steer BY them, but not directly AT them. Lest we end up marooned on the shoals of perpetual self-righteousness.

Comment

• Ragnarok Lothbrok is a fictional character. I am named after King Hrothgar the Dragon Slayer.
            I make my own mead too. It's what I sacrifice to the Gods until I can get some animals to raise for that purpose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Knight View Post
              I'm half Viking.

I make a mean lefse.
              At Pacific Lutheran U. we should have been the Vikings except WWU already had the name so we were the Lutes. What's a Lute? Hell if I know, but our game cheer was quite unique:

Lutefisk, Lutefisk, Lefse, Lefse, We're the mighty Lutherans, Yah sure, ya betcha.
              Atheism is a advertising nightmare as in what you see is what you get and when you die that's it. - DaveDodo007

Totally depraved doctrine.
              Uncertain salvation.
              Luck of the draw.
              Irresistible damnation.
              Persecution of the saints.

Courtesy of Desert Reign

Comment

• Originally posted by CabinetMaker View Post
                What you posted was not evidence. Its a story.

This is not a fact. God is fully capable of utterly destroying any adversary. He does not do so for His own purposes.
                The devil doesn't do that, men who choose to follow the devil do that. Men have a choice to make, love God or not. If we were all to choose God all the disorder would end.
                God did not create the devil, God created Angels of which Lucifer was one. As with all of God's creation, God gave the angels free will. Lucifer grew prideful and fell from grace.
                Since your facts are not actually facts but mere assertions of your opinion, the conclusion does not logically follow when the actual facts are used. God is neither impotent nor evil. He is sovereign and He has a plan and a purpose.
                What I posted isn't a work of fiction.

Then if your god can destroy the devil and chooses not to that would make him at least partly evil. He must enjoy the suffering of man.
                Your god is not for everyone. Not everyone can believe the stories that your mythology has to offer.
                Those are facts and not assertions of my opinion. Your god created evil therefore he cannot be all good. Your god also gave man an extremely curious nature, and they punished the "first" man and woman for being curious. By placing a tree which has a "forbidden fruit" (which is more likely to be a pomegranate since we are talking Mesopotamia) in a place that was accessible to the "first" humans and knowing that they were curious creatures, he set them up for failure. That is like you telling your three year old not to touch the fire because its hot. Then because he was curious and touched the fire you decided to spank him. Man is curious by nature and when told not to do something the first thing they do is to do what they were told not to.

Comment

Ragnarok Lothbrok is a fictional character. I am named after King Hrothgar the Dragon Slayer.
                  I make my own mead too. It's what I sacrifice to the Gods until I can get some animals to raise for that purpose.
                  How many dragons have you slain in the past 24 hours?? Now, don't exaggerate or you'll lose ALL credibility!!

Comment

• Like I said NAMED AFTER KING HROTHGAR THE DRAGON SLAYER!

PAY ATTENTION: I never said that I was a dragon slayer.

Comment

Like I said NAMED AFTER KING HROTHGAR THE DRAGON SLAYER!

PAY ATTENTION: I never said that I was a dragon slayer.
                      We like our Vikings to be at least valiant, if not epic. We might lose interest in you shortly.
                      Atheism is a advertising nightmare as in what you see is what you get and when you die that's it. - DaveDodo007

Totally depraved doctrine.
                      Uncertain salvation.
                      Luck of the draw.
                      Irresistible damnation.
                      Persecution of the saints.

Courtesy of Desert Reign

Comment

• Originally posted by Krsto View Post
                        We like our Vikings to be at least valiant, if not epic. We might lose interest in you shortly.
                        At least, he could be upfront about how many dragons he's slain?

Comment

• It smells like a creed, and then changes it. For example, the last bit about the Holy Spirit baptizing people into the body of Christ reeks of sacramentarianism. Ick.
                          “Holy places are dark places. It is life and strength, not knowledge and words, that we get in them. Holy wisdom is not clear and thin like water, but thick and dark like blood.”

---CS Lewis, Till We Have Faces

Comment

• Originally posted by CabinetMaker View Post
                            When will you start presenting your evidence? So far, I see some assertions, but no evidence.
                            Assertions and conjecture. It's all he has.

Originally posted by Hrothgar_Odinnsson View Post
                            The only evidence you have of your faith is a book you claim is divine, ye was written by men.
                            Remember that thing I said about straw men in your other thread? That's what you're doing here.

You have no evidence that I even believe the Bible to be the inspired word of God, let alone that I believe it to be the only evidence of said God.

In the interest of honesty I'll admit you are correct on the first part, but very mistaken on the latter.

I have stories of the Gods that were passed down throughout the ages. We have no "bible". We have what has been passed down, we have Sagas and Eddas that show us how to live our lives. We live by our virtues and morals. We strive to be like our Gods.
                            So you have fables?

Do you believe in Snow White and the Big Bad Wolf too? If you ever pray to Little Red Riding Hood get her number for me.

I should capitalize things. I don't always do that especially not after a 14 hour day of work. Same reason I don't really care how the names of the people in the bible are spelled.
                            It isn't about the Bible; it's about the English language and communication. If you want others to know what you mean and about whom you speak you should spell their names correctly.

Abel isn't just a name in the Bible, either. There are people today with those names. Kurt Sutter didn't name Jax Teller's son Abel, on Sons of Anarchy, just because it was in the Bible.

In which case, you should not get your feelings hurt when someone who is a non krisjan comes here and voices their opinions. While this forum may be biased towards the krisjan faith, it might do you some good to have someone who is not krisjan on here to debate/discuss things with you.
                            You're going to have to try harder if you want to hurt my feelings. Thought you're not actually going to be able to do it.

There are many things which I will state as fact, yet you will not believe them because they are not part of your current cannon*. There are several books of your bible that were purposely left out because they would reveal that not every book jives with the rest. Such as the books of Thomas, Jesus, Judas, and Mary.
                            Then show them to me.

Either put up or shut up. If you can't offer any evidence of your conjecture then you have no argument and should be laughed out of the proverbial court.

*c-a-n-o-n

You guys tend to make things up as you go not only that but you have a track record of killing those who oppose you. (i.e. the Crusades, the Witch hunts etc)
                            If your argument is with Catholics then take it up with them; I'm not one.

I know I can set up a signature. And I am not typing it. Copy and paste is fantastic. I prefer to make you delete it while copying my posts.
                            Then I'll leave it.

Wtf are you babbling about?

Godzrule Wtf are you trying to say?
                            Implied profanity is against the rules. Maybe you should read them.

What I posted isn't a work of fiction.
                            Then prove it.

Then if your god can destroy the devil and chooses not to that would make him at least partly evil. He must enjoy the suffering of man.
                            Satan is not responsible for the suffering of man. Destroying him would make no difference. Satan is responsible for no evil except his own.

Not everyone can believe the stories that your mythology has to offer.
                            Says the man who believes in pure mythology.

Those are facts and not assertions of my opinion.
                            Then back them up with evidence.

Your god created evil therefore he cannot be all good.
                            What evil did God create?

Your god also gave man an extremely curious nature, and they punished the "first" man and woman for being curious.
                            Yeah, that's exactly what happened.

You're a moron, kid.

By placing a tree which has a "forbidden fruit" (which is more likely to be a pomegranate since we are talking Mesopotamia) in a place that was accessible to the "first" humans and knowing that they were curious creatures, he set them up for failure.
                            Or maybe He decided to give them a rule and from there declared the tree forbidden rather than placing it as a forbidden tree from the outset.

That is like you telling your three year old not to touch the fire because its hot. Then because he was curious and touched the fire you decided to spank him.
                            Yup. Exactly like that. And this just further cements my conviction that you're an idiot. When your children disobey you you discipline them.

Man is curious by nature and when told not to do something the first thing they do is to do what they were told not to.
                            So what? Is man incapable of overcoming their base desires? Are we slaves to our instinctual desires and thus no higher than the animals?

You are an imbecile.
                            sigpic

Comment

Fact: your god cannot destroy his only adversary. Fact: your devil is allowed to have free reign over Earth, causing much disorder. Fact: your god created your devil knowing full well exactly what he would do. Conclusion: either your god is impotent or evil
                              "We have met the enemy and he is us."

Comment

Firstly, there are several hundred God/desses. Not just one.
                                1 Corinthians 8:5-6
                                For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords), yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.

Monotheism is relatively new and can trace its origins to Zoroastrianism which first popped up in Persia.
                                Indications of monotheism can be found as far back as 4,000 or more years ago in the Vedas of India.

The Egyptian pharaoh Akhenaten was a monotheist:
                                In Year 9 (1344/1342 BCE), Akhenaten strengthened the Atenist regime, declaring the Aten to be not merely the supreme god, but the only god, a universal deity, and forbidding worship of all others, including the veneration of idols, even privately in people's homes—an arena the Egyptian state had previously not touched in religious terms. Aten was addressed by Akhenaten in prayers, such as the Great Hymn to the Aten: "O Sole God beside whom there is none". The Egyptian people were to worship Akhenaten; only Akhenaten and Nefertiti could worship Aten.

-- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monotheism#Atenism

Comment

Working...
                                X