Step By Step In Born Again

glorydaz

Who is the God whom Jesus says is "my God"? It must be the same God who raised Jesus from among the dead ones.

Act 5:30 The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.
Act 5:31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Yep, same God. You can't separate GOD from Himself. Jesus Christ says He raised Himself.

John 2:19-22 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. 20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? 21 But he spake of the temple of his body. 22 When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.​

John 10:17-18
17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. 18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.​

drbrumley

Yep, same God. You can't separate GOD from Himself. Jesus Christ says He raised Himself.

John 2:19-22 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. 20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? 21 But he spake of the temple of his body. 22 When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.​

17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. 18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.​

Correct and consise…..

Here comes the "that's not what he meant" schtick from our opponents...LOL!!!!

Vail Lifted

BANNED
Banned

Jesus said that he who would lose his life for his (Jesus') sake would save it onto life eternal. Therefore, one who would die for Jesus' sake (like Stephen) would save his own life.

Now Jesus says that he would lay down his own life and that he would have power to take it again because as he said "this commandment have I received of my Father".

Jesus had a commandment from his God to lay down his life and that if he did he could take it again by the promise of his God and Father. He would therefore be saving his own life and taking it back again by being obedient to his God.

You never did address my question about who is the God whom Jesus calls "my God".

glorydaz

Jesus said that he who would lose his life for his (Jesus') sake would save it onto life eternal. Therefore, one who would die for Jesus' sake (like Stephen) would save his own life.

Now Jesus says that he would lay down his own life and that he would have power to take it again because as he said "this commandment have I received of my Father".

Jesus had a commandment from his God to lay down his life and that if he did he could take it again by the promise of his God and Father. He would therefore be saving his own life and taking it back again by being obedient to his God.

You never did address my question about who is the God whom Jesus calls "my God".

He said, "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up", speaking of His body.

So you admit Jesus raised Himself. That's a step in the right direction, since scripture also says the Father raised Him. How could both be true if they were not the ONE GOD? Please don't just skip over this fact, or try and explain it away.... try and address it.

Jesus Christ is not only God, He is a human being. As a human being, he has a God (just like all men do). That's why you have to accept ALL of scripture....not just cherrypick those that speak of Christ's humanity.

oatmeal

How to believe to receive salvation? the new birth?

Romans 10:9

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

That is how simple God made it by giving His only begotten son. John 3:16

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"Lets try to clear some things up. No one is a Christian because they say they are. Every Christian has to grow in Spirit until they become born again. And that cant happen until they go through all the steps of being born again."

Your premise is incorrect. You do not need to grow in the Spirit to be born again. You receive the Spirit when "born again" and grow from their. There are really no steps. A man realizes his depravity and need for God. At that point he comes to God and repents of his sin is is born from above.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
"Lets try to clear some things up. No one is a Christian because they say they are. Every Christian has to grow in Spirit until they become born again. And that cant happen until they go through all the steps of being born again."

Your premise is incorrect. You do not need to grow in the Spirit to be born again. You receive the Spirit when "born again" and grow from their. There are really no steps. A man realizes his depravity and need for God. At that point he comes to God and repents of his sin is is born from above.

I said
I know you would like it that way but lets look at the evidence.

[Jhn 3:3, 5–7
[3] Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." ...
[5] Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
[6] "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
[7] "Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.'

Something has to be crucified in order to be born again. And to walk in the Spirit.

[Gal 5:24–25
[24] And those [who are] Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
[25] If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
I know you would like it that way but lets look at the evidence.

[Jhn 3:3, 5–7
[3] Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." ...
[5] Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
[6] "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
[7] "Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.'

Something has to be crucified in order to be born again. And to walk in the Spirit.

[Gal 5:24–25
[24] And those [who are] Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
[25] If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

You quoted the verses. Now interpret them properly and live by them.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I said
lol I know. I'm starting to feel like Paul or Jesus or one of the other apostles. Have you noticed the truth gets banned, but deception flocks together. Just like in scripture.
Nah, just trolls who can't follow the rules.