My Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
“When I do good I feel good, and when I do bad, I feel bad. And that is my religion.” Abraham Lincoln, 16th President of the United States of America 1809-1865. Known as the president who freed the slaves, Abraham Lincoln is known as one of our greatest leaders ever. But this thread is not about Abraham Lincoln, this thread is about my religion.

I am pleased to have the opportunity to discuss it, because it was the chief goal of my intellectual and spiritual efforts for so many years...that is the practice of “right religion.”

Yet, earlier on this forum I claimed that I have no religion. I should clarify that. To be more precise, I reject all of the worlds religions of which I am aware.

Like Abraham Lincoln, a take a more simple and straightforward approach to religion. In my practice, I seek and venerate truth. I hope to be able to discuss this, and offer my views of God and my religion in this thread.

So, the first principle of my religion is that truth supersedes belief.

way 2 go

So, the first principle of my religion is that truth supersedes belief.

Long thread.....no resolution I guess. Hmm. My oh two. Eternal conscious torment is biblical - that is it is discussed in the Bible.....but that doesn’t make it right.

Torture or torment of any kind is evil and wrong. It all ways has been, always will be, and the real God would never do it. So, my question is why do so many people believe such lies about God?

so you are in denial of the truth and you don't know God

Rev 20:10 and the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done.
Rev 20:14 Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.
Rev 20:15 And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
For the purposes of this thread, I will call my religion, “Rejective Knowism.” I say this because people need to know what you’re talking about. I will also say that I’m not working on my computer because it warned me to stay off this site. I’m typing on an Apple IPad that I don’t know how to work on a high level. This will limit me to some degree, but it will afford me the challenge of attempting to communicate with words more than pictures. So, if there are typos, blame it on autocorrect and compromised vision due to seasonal allergies on a high level. We all have our limitations.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
so you are in denial of the truth and you don't know God

Rev 20:10 and the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done.
Rev 20:14 Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.
Rev 20:15 And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Way to lead off! That’s right, punch right for the nose. That’s the way to fight!

PS. I know about fighting because I was a fighter. One of the dudes on this site knows it because he held the pads a time or two.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
But, enough about me, because I am not that important, I want to express my religion here. So, I don’t need to be talked about. Yet, people talk about people, don’t they? They like to talk about other people and themselves! Sometimes in that order.

Isn’t pride something?

My religion explains pride, ego, and fear. Well, I do what I can with fear....but fear runs deep and it’s a big topic.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
So, the first principle of Rejective Knowism is that truth supersedes belief. And a related sub principle is that in order to arrive at truth, one must be willing to sacrifice all beliefs.

Well, my religion accepts all seekers of truth, so we allow for those who can’t go all in. If one cannot be willing to abandon all beliefs in order to arrive at truth, then they must be willing to question all beliefs with the highest scrutiny. If they can’t do this, then Rejective Knowism is not for them. They should find another religion because this one won’t work for them.

There are many other religions available to choose from where people don’t have to really think too much.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
So, Rejective Knowism is based upon the logical position that everything which is not true is false, and false isn’t worth having.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Rejective Knowism is awesome because it embraces every human being, except those clinically insane because they need professional help which we do not provide. Anyone willing to think, examine, contemplate, meditate, discuss and examine truth is a candidate for Rejective Knowism.

Our motto is a simple one, we reject what is false, embrace what is true, and question everything that is not known.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
If one has a question about something that is not known, Rejective Knowism requires that they suspend final judgement on the matter until more facts come to light.

So, a person in this religion can actually be comforted by saying, “I don’t know?!” And that is ok.

It is OK to admit that you don’t really know in this religion, and you are not judged for it. We believe in loving people where they are. We believe in helping people along and assist them in progressing cognitively.

I hope this helps because it is a labor of love.

Love. That is another thing about this member of Rejective Knowism....I believe God is love, just like the Bible says. So, Rejective Knowists actually believe some Bible.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
And, Rejective Knowists let people believe that God is love without judging them for it.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Rejective Knowists don’t allow people to believe that God is hate because that would be crazy. Surely, God knows hate by now and rejects it.

Rejective Knowist believe that God exists, but they don’t believe he’s stupid. Rejective Knowists believe that God is infinite in understanding which is what the Bible says about God....in one tiny questionable place, but we believe it anyway because of course, it just makes sense and cannot be otherwise.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
And I guess that will be all for Rejective Knowism from this poster for the time being. Thank you, and I hope that helps.

csuguy

So, the first principle of Rejective Knowism is that truth supersedes belief. And a related sub principle is that in order to arrive at truth, one must be willing to sacrifice all beliefs.

Well, my religion accepts all seekers of truth, so we allow for those who can’t go all in. If one cannot be willing to abandon all beliefs in order to arrive at truth, then they must be willing to question all beliefs with the highest scrutiny. If they can’t do this, then Rejective Knowism is not for them. They should find another religion because this one won’t work for them.

There are many other religions available to choose from where people don’t have to really think too much.

You can reject any individual belief and replace it with another belief, but you'll never be free of belief. To think you have found truth is to believe.

You could reject all belief and refuse to take a stance on anything, but then you have rejected the pursuit of truth for the safety of not being wrong

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
You can reject any individual belief and replace it with another belief, but you'll never be free of belief. To think you have found truth is to believe.

You could reject all belief and refuse to take a stance on anything, but then you have rejected the pursuit of truth for the safety of not being wrong

Quite right.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Sorry for coming back in when I said I was through for tonight, but I just wanted to know if there are any other Rejective Knowists out there or if there are any others who wish to know more about Rejective Knowism?

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Also, I wanted to say I welcome those who say I am the devil. But, before they accuse me of being the devil, I have to ask if they have read the Satanic Bible? For if you don’t even know what Satan believes, you can’t really call me the devil....right?

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Lol. I jest. I don’t actually believe that any of you would read the Satanic Bible, because I won’t even read it, and I believe myself to be more free from fear tha most of you.

Anyway, I was just joking, because I would find it surprising if someone on this forum didn’t say I don’t know God, am the devil, or am deceived by the devil.

Wait....they already said that. Nice. Ok. Nevermind any of that then.

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber

You have run off the rails already.

You have assumed that truth exists and that it can be arrived at. Back up a bit and tell me what makes you adhere to that presupposition. All you have said so far in support of it's existence is feeling good or bad.

And, are you speaking of objective truth or subjective truth?

Status
Not open for further replies.