Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Religion

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Guyver View Post
    May Gods blessings be returned to you Jacob.

    You didn’t answer the question. What does it mean to love the Lord with all your heart, mind and strength?

    It seems to me that all means all and not some, so I just wanted to know from you how a person obeys that commandment. ?
    I believe that it is said if you love Me keep My commandments.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Jacob View Post
      I believe that it is said if you love Me keep My commandments.
      That’s a good answer Jacob. It came from Jesus....right? Yet, it doesn’t answer the question about what it means to love God with all your heart, mind, and strength. I hate to speak for you, but loving God by always keeping his commandments, seems a pretty good application.

      Did you know that Jesus also believed in keeping the commandments for salvation? In the gospels, Jesus said to the rich young ruler, that one should keep the commandments if one wished to live.

      But there are so many....so he asked...which ones. Then Jesus told him. He replied that he had kept all these since a child, yet something was missing.

      And what was missing? Maybe it was fully doing the first commandment because real love is sacrificial and it costs you something.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by meshak View Post
        So you decided that serving Jesus does not worth it?
        Hmmmn. I guess that’s one way to say it. Another way to say it is that I found it necessary to sacrifice all beliefs and preconceived notions not based on fact or experience in order to apply myself to the seeking of truth.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Guyver View Post
          That’s a good answer Jacob. It came from Jesus....right? Yet, it doesn’t answer the question about what it means to love God with all your heart, mind, and strength. I hate to speak for you, but loving God by always keeping his commandments, seems a pretty good application.

          Did you know that Jesus also believed in keeping the commandments for salvation? In the gospels, Jesus said to the rich young ruler, that one should keep the commandments if one wished to live.

          But there are so many....so he asked...which ones. Then Jesus told him. He replied that he had kept all these since a child, yet something was missing.

          And what was missing? Maybe it was fully doing the first commandment because real love is sacrificial and it costs you something.
          It sounds like you are preaching which may be a real good thing.

          Salvation by grace through faith and not works, but faith has works too.

          I am not sure about your interpretation but it may be good for you.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Guyver View Post
            Hmmmn. I guess that’s one way to say it. Another way to say it is that I found it necessary to sacrifice all beliefs and preconceived notions not based on fact or experience in order to apply myself to the seeking of truth.
            I am sorry to hear that because it seems you have a potential to be powerful witness to serve Jesus if you give whole you to Him.

            thanks for sharing your faith.

            blessings.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by meshak View Post
              I am sorry to hear that because it seems you have a potential to be powerful witness to serve Jesus if you give whole you to Him.

              thanks for sharing your faith.

              blessings.
              Your blessings be returned and magnified.

              I thank you for saying what you said, but I believe I speak for Jesus when I speak the truth. In a way.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Guyver View Post
                Your blessings be returned and magnified.

                I thank you for saying what you said, but I believe I speak for Jesus when I speak the truth. In a way.
                If you claim to be His follower, and people see your godly works, they might consider following Jesus too.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Guyver View Post
                  What do you know of self-deception Aimiel? I’m very interested in hearing what you’ve learned about it since you didn’t place me on ignore.

                  I’d also like to know how you came up with that judgement; since you consider me self-deceived.
                  You've fooled yourself into thinking that your theology is valid. You believe that your eternal destiny is tied to your 'goodness' and your deeds. You don't realize that the first one to deceive himself with those lies then deceived a large part of the angelic host with the same lies. It's nothing new: you shall not surely die.
                  "That man of sin must first be revealed." -- Jesus

                  If you haven't tried: you've already failed. -- Aimiel

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Aimiel View Post
                    You've fooled yourself into thinking that your theology is valid. You believe that your eternal destiny is tied to your 'goodness' and your deeds. You don't realize that the first one to deceive himself with those lies then deceived a large part of the angelic host with the same lies. It's nothing new: you shall not surely die.
                    Dude. You literally couldn’t even answer a question. You may as well say sonygerb. Why can’t you answer such a simple question?

                    The question was what do you know about deception; specifically self-deception. You couldn’t even speak to it and you had to preach.

                    Fail.

                    Comment


                    • My post stands. I can't help but preach, knowing Truth, personally. Jesus is Truth. Your self-deception is exposed.
                      "That man of sin must first be revealed." -- Jesus

                      If you haven't tried: you've already failed. -- Aimiel

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Aimiel View Post
                        My post stands. I can't help but preach, knowing Truth, personally. Jesus is Truth. Your self-deception is exposed.
                        Your post stands for nothing other than your highly programmed opinion. In fact, you failed to not only define what you accused me of, but you couldn’t even identify the mechanism you use to judge by.

                        It may be that you just don’t like what I say, and you don’t even know why. Well derp. Sorry, you bring nothing to the party.

                        Of course, you’re welcome to be that “one guy” at the party if you want to.

                        I suggest you learn what you’re talking about before you say stuff.

                        Comment


                        • Translation of Guyver's post: "I am that I am."
                          "That man of sin must first be revealed." -- Jesus

                          If you haven't tried: you've already failed. -- Aimiel

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Guyver View Post
                            “When I do good I feel good, and when I do bad, I feel bad. And that is my religion.” Abraham Lincoln, 16th President of the United States of America 1809-1865. Known as the president who freed the slaves, Abraham Lincoln is known as one of our greatest leaders ever. But this thread is not about Abraham Lincoln, this thread is about my religion.

                            I am pleased to have the opportunity to discuss it, because it was the chief goal of my intellectual and spiritual efforts for so many years...that is the practice of “right religion.”

                            Yet, earlier on this forum I claimed that I have no religion. I should clarify that. To be more precise, I reject all of the worlds religions of which I am aware.

                            Like Abraham Lincoln, a take a more simple and straightforward approach to religion. In my practice, I seek and venerate truth. I hope to be able to discuss this, and offer my views of God and my religion in this thread.

                            So, the first principle of my religion is that truth supersedes belief.
                            Truth does supersede belief.

                            Truth is truth whether anyone believes it or not.

                            The prophets and for that matter whenever anyone spoke truth it not necessarily accepted let alone believed thus acted upon.

                            For me the Word of God scripture the Bible is truth. I fall short in believing it 100% accurately but for me scripture alone is the written Word of God.
                            "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

                            "Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

                            Pro scripture = Protestant

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Guyver View Post
                              So, the first principle of Rejective Knowism is that truth supersedes belief. And a related sub principle is that in order to arrive at truth, one must be willing to sacrifice all beliefs.

                              Well, my religion accepts all seekers of truth, so we allow for those who can’t go all in. If one cannot be willing to abandon all beliefs in order to arrive at truth, then they must be willing to question all beliefs with the highest scrutiny. If they can’t do this, then Rejective Knowism is not for them. They should find another religion because this one won’t work for them.

                              There are many other religions available to choose from where people don’t have to really think too much.
                              Good point about being willing to sacrifice our beliefs in order to learn the truth.

                              The unwillingness of most of or should I say much of denominational Christianity has denied itself from getting close to God because they exalt traedition, emotion, preconceived notions, science falsely so called, themselves, peer pressure, culture, reputations, money.... above the Word of God.

                              Thus their doctrines are riddled with error.
                              "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

                              "Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

                              Pro scripture = Protestant

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Guyver View Post
                                If one has a question about something that is not known, Rejective Knowism requires that they suspend final judgement on the matter until more facts come to light.

                                So, a person in this religion can actually be comforted by saying, “I don’t know?!” And that is ok.

                                It is OK to admit that you don’t really know in this religion, and you are not judged for it. We believe in loving people where they are. We believe in helping people along and assist them in progressing cognitively.

                                I hope this helps because it is a labor of love.

                                Love. That is another thing about this member of Rejective Knowism....I believe God is love, just like the Bible says. So, Rejective Knowists actually believe some Bible.
                                Indeed honesty requires that we admit to ourselves and to others at times that we don't know
                                "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

                                "Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

                                Pro scripture = Protestant

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X