Sabbath

clefty

Can you show me about the root and the branches and what was rejected if you can?

Already tried with your “I am christian turned jew...but still christian”

jews dont believe their god had a Son...jews believe their god is ONE...any Son would be idolatrous abomination...jews dont believe a messiah came for them...certainly NOT that IN HIM there are no more jews but Israel...and very certainly NOT that He replaced believing goyim as Israel and cut off non believing jews from Israel...

Your being ex dispie I certainly better understand your attraction to jews...but sadly you suicided your Christianity...

clefty

I said
lol We seem to go through this alot. I prove everything I say with scripture and you reject it with no more than your own opinion. You really should try that on beginners because it doesnt work on me. Nagging me like a little old lady doesnt really impress me.

Not here to impress you but correct your misuse of scripture...despite using book names and chapter verse numbers...

your worship Him everyday does not exempt you from keeping His commandments or the faith of Yahushua...

Do you know the faith of Yahushua? Was it the Buddhist faith? Was it the Muslim faith? Or was it the jewish faith? Well most of it...jews by that time had added and rejected so much USING scripture even...JUST LIKE YOU...they missed what it was all pointing to...HIM you know Lord of the Sabbath...not Lord of the week or everyday worship...but Lord of the Sabbath...

Yup Satan uses scripture...pharisees use scripture....the blind lead the blind...and your sugar milkshake gospel has just empty calories...no real meat...ya dig?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Already tried with your “I am christian turned jew...but still christian”

jews dont believe their god had a Son...jews believe their god is ONE...any Son would be idolatrous abomination...jews dont believe a messiah came for them...certainly NOT that IN HIM there are no more jews but Israel...and very certainly NOT that He replaced believing goyim as Israel and cut off non believing jews from Israel...

Your being ex dispie I certainly better understand your attraction to jews...but sadly you suicided your Christianity...
I am not sure what you mean. I became a Jew in so many ways, of Israel a convert and to Judaism. A Levite. And an Israelite. A convert to Israel and a Jew from being a Gentlie and a Christian.

As a Gentile I was grafted in. But I became a convert.

DansingWall

I said
Hello Jacob. It wont do any good here that is old testament.

This is why you are having trouble understanding scripture Squeaky

DEUT. 4 [2] YE SHALL NOT ADD UNTO THE WORD which I command you, NEITHER SHALL YE DIMINISH OUGHT FROM IT, that ye may KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS of the Lord your God which I command you.

This is truly ironical. You want to diminished the entire old testament to make it easier to make the claim that we need not follow Gods 10 commandments. But the new testament also tells us to keep the 10.

2TIM.3 [14] But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;[15] And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee WISE UNTO SALVATION through faith which is in Christ Jesus.[16] ALL SCRIPTURE IS GIVEN BY INSPIRATION OF GOD, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:[17] That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

The ONLY scriptures you would find at the writing of 2Tim.3 were the old testament scriptures and they make you wise unto salvation

2PETER1 [20] Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.[21] For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were MOVED BY THE HOLY GHOST.

Seems the old testament was written by men as they were moved by the Holy Spirit. Its not wise to ignore the Holy Spirit

MATT.13 [51] Jesus saith unto them, Have ye understood all these things? They say unto him, Yea, Lord. [52] Then said he unto them, Therefore EVERY SCRIBE WHICH IS INSTRUCTED UNTO THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN is like unto a man that is an householder, which BRINGETH FORTH OUT OF HIS TREASURE THINGS NEW AND OLD.

Says what it says. Directions to the kingdom. Treasure old {testament}and new {new testament}. You see your problem Squeaky?

LEVITICUS 26 [9] For I will have respect unto you, and make you fruitful, and multiply you, and establish my covenant with you. [10] And YE SHALL EAT OLD STORE, AND BRING FORTH THE OLD BECAUSE OF THE NEW. [11] And I will set my tabernacle among you: and my soul shall not abhor you. [12] And I will walk among you, and will be your God, and ye shall be my people.

Exactly what happened. Id never be reading the old if it werent for the new

ACTS 17 [10] And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews. [11] These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that THEY RECEIVED THE WORD WITH ALL READINESS OF MIND, AND SEARCHED THE SCRIPTURES DAILY, WHETHER THOSE THINGS WERE SO. [12] Therefore many of them believed; also of honourable women which were Greeks, and of men, not a few.

As you can see in the above scripture, the people who knew what they were doing, when they first heard Pauls words, search the old testament scriptures to see if what Paul was saying was true.

DansingWall

DEUT. 4 [2] YE SHALL NOT ADD UNTO THE WORD which I command you, NEITHER SHALL YE DIMINISH OUGHT FROM IT, that ye may KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS of the Lord your God which I command you.

says the same in the new testament

REV. 22 [14] BLESSED ARE THEY THAT DO HIS COMMANDMENTS, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. [15] For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie. [16] I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. [17] And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. [18] For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, IF ANY MAN SHALL ADD unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: [19] And IF ANY MAN SHALL TAKE AWAY FROM THE WORDS OF THE BOOK of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Once again, the new verifies the old. Rev.22 says the same thing as Deut.4! Dont add to the Word and dont take away from the Word. Keep Gods 10 commandments.

PROVERBS 30 [4] Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell? [5] EVERY WORD OF GOD IS PURE: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. [6] ADD THOU NOT UNTO HIS WORDS, lest he reprove thee, and thou be FOUND A LIAR.

The old testament says God will prove you, as to whether you are found to be a liar. And this will be accomplished by as to whether you keep the ten commandments or you don’t {Deut.4 v2}. Are there any new testament scriptures that verify what is said in Proverbs 30?

1JOHN2 [3] And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.[4] HE THAT SAITH, I KNOW HIM, AND KEEPETH NOT HIS COMMANDMENTS, IS A LIAR, AND THE TRUTH IS NOT IN HIM.[5] But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

Yup

DansingWall

JOHN 5 [45] Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust.[46] For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.[47] BUT IF YE BELIEVE NOT HIS WRITINGS, HOW SHALL YE BELIEVE MY WORDS?

Jesus speaking!

MATTHEW 23 [1] Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples, [2] Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: [3] All therefore WHATSOEVER THEY BID YOU OBSERVE, THAT OBSERVE AND DO; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

Jesus speaking!

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Not here to impress you but correct your misuse of scripture...despite using book names and chapter verse numbers...

your worship Him everyday does not exempt you from keeping His commandments or the faith of Yahushua...

Do you know the faith of Yahushua? Was it the Buddhist faith? Was it the Muslim faith? Or was it the jewish faith? Well most of it...jews by that time had added and rejected so much USING scripture even...JUST LIKE YOU...they missed what it was all pointing to...HIM you know Lord of the Sabbath...not Lord of the week or everyday worship...but Lord of the Sabbath...

Yup Satan uses scripture...pharisees use scripture....the blind lead the blind...and your sugar milkshake gospel has just empty calories...no real meat...ya dig?

I said
lol Your talking just like a Pharisee. Hooked on the old testament law. Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath and He can change it if He likes. And He did, He said you can keep it or not keep it as long as your worshiping God.

[Mar 2:24-28
[24] And the Pharisees said to Him, "Look, why do they do what is not lawful on the Sabbath?"
[25] But He said to them, "Have you never read what David did when he was in need and hungry, he and those with him:
[26] "how he went into the house of God [in the days] of Abiathar the high priest, and ate the showbread, which is not lawful to eat except for the priests, and also gave some to those who were with him?"
[27] And He said to them, "The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath.
[28] "Therefore the Son of Man is also Lord of the Sabbath."

Jesus made it very clear dont listen to no one who came before Jesus. He is the only Way. So stop throwing aat me what they said before Jesus.

[Jhn 10:1, 8
[1] "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. ...
[8] "All who [ever] came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.

Jesus even went so far as to change the law and annull the former commandments.

[Heb 7:12, 18
[12] For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law. ...
[18] For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,

So unless you have something from the new testament that overrides Jesus in the new testament take your petty deception some where else.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I am not sure what you mean. I became a Jew in so many ways, of Israel a convert and to Judaism. A Levite. And an Israelite. A convert to Israel and a Jew from being a Gentlie and a Christian.

As a Gentile I was grafted in. But I became a convert.

I said
Jacob you have never gotten the message, Jesus came because the Jews never got the worship of God correct. So Jesus came to deliver them from that deception. You gave up Jesus for the Jews deception. Your going backwards in Spiritual worship.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
This is why you are having trouble understanding scripture Squeaky

This is truly ironical. You want to diminished the entire old testament to make it easier to make the claim that we need not follow Gods 10 commandments. But the new testament also tells us to keep the 10.

2TIM.3 [14] But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;[15] And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee WISE UNTO SALVATION through faith which is in Christ Jesus.[16] ALL SCRIPTURE IS GIVEN BY INSPIRATION OF GOD, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:[17] That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

The ONLY scriptures you would find at the writing of 2Tim.3 were the old testament scriptures and they make you wise unto salvation

2PETER1 [20] Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.[21] For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were MOVED BY THE HOLY GHOST.

Seems the old testament was written by men as they were moved by the Holy Spirit. Its not wise to ignore the Holy Spirit

MATT.13 [51] Jesus saith unto them, Have ye understood all these things? They say unto him, Yea, Lord. [52] Then said he unto them, Therefore EVERY SCRIBE WHICH IS INSTRUCTED UNTO THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN is like unto a man that is an householder, which BRINGETH FORTH OUT OF HIS TREASURE THINGS NEW AND OLD.

Says what it says. Directions to the kingdom. Treasure old {testament}and new {new testament}. You see your problem Squeaky?

LEVITICUS 26 [9] For I will have respect unto you, and make you fruitful, and multiply you, and establish my covenant with you. [10] And YE SHALL EAT OLD STORE, AND BRING FORTH THE OLD BECAUSE OF THE NEW. [11] And I will set my tabernacle among you: and my soul shall not abhor you. [12] And I will walk among you, and will be your God, and ye shall be my people.

Exactly what happened. Id never be reading the old if it werent for the new

ACTS 17 [10] And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews. [11] These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that THEY RECEIVED THE WORD WITH ALL READINESS OF MIND, AND SEARCHED THE SCRIPTURES DAILY, WHETHER THOSE THINGS WERE SO. [12] Therefore many of them believed; also of honourable women which were Greeks, and of men, not a few.

As you can see in the above scripture, the people who knew what they were doing, when they first heard Pauls words, search the old testament scriptures to see if what Paul was saying was true.

I said
lolol I'm not having trouble understanding scripture.

DansingWall

I said
lolol I'm not having trouble understanding scripture.

1 COR. 3 [1] And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. [2] I HAVE FED YOU WITH MILK, AND NOT WITH MEAT: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able. [3] For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

HEBREWS 5 [12] For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. [13] FOR EVERY ONE THAT USETH MILK IS UNSKILFUL IN THE WORD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS: FOR HE IS A BABE. [14] But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

The two above new testament scriptures tell us we should be teachers of the word but also tells us everyone that uses milk is unskilful in the word.

ISAIAH 28 [9] WHOM SHALL HE TEACH KNOWLEDGE? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? THEM THAT ARE WEANED FROM THE MILK, and drawn from the breasts.[10] For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:[11] For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.[12] To whom he said, THIS IS THE REST wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and THIS IS THE REFRESHING: yet they would not hear.

In Hebrews 5 the scripture tells us we should be teachers of the Word but we dont get it, we are still just babes, milk drinkers. In Isaiah we see that those whom God will teach knowledge and whom he shall make to understand doctrine are those who are weaned from the milk. Who are these milk drinkers (verse 12) that dont understand doctrine? To whom he said this is the rest and the refreshing, but they refused to hear. Rest? Refreshing?

EXODUS 31 [15] Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.[16] Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.[17] It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and ON THE SEVENTH DAY HE RESTED, AND WAS REFRESHED.

Heres a scripture that speaks of a rest and a refreshing. And yes, the milk drinkers do refuse to hear that scripture.

GOT MILK?

clefty

I said
lol Your talking just like a Pharisee. Hooked on the old testament law. Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath and He can change it if He likes. And He did, He said you can keep it or not keep it as long as your worshiping God.

[Mar 2:24-28
[24] And the Pharisees said to Him, "Look, why do they do what is not lawful on the Sabbath?"
[25] But He said to them, "Have you never read what David did when he was in need and hungry, he and those with him:
[26] "how he went into the house of God [in the days] of Abiathar the high priest, and ate the showbread, which is not lawful to eat except for the priests, and also gave some to those who were with him?"
[27] And He said to them, "The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath.
[28] "Therefore the Son of Man is also Lord of the Sabbath."

Jesus made it very clear dont listen to no one who came before Jesus. He is the only Way. So stop throwing aat me what they said before Jesus.

[Jhn 10:1, 8
[1] "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. ...
[8] "All who [ever] came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.

Jesus even went so far as to change the law and annull the former commandments.

[Heb 7:12, 18
[12] For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law. ...
[18] For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,

So unless you have something from the new testament that overrides Jesus in the new testament take your petty deception some where else.

You do understand how the “Lord of...” thingy works yes? So as in the case of Lord of London...it is the city of London that gives the lord its authority and power...same with like “Lord of the Rings”...so there again you have the Rings which give the lord his authority and power...

Now in either case given why would the lord DESTROY the very thing that gives him authority and power?

In the case of Lord of London what would he DESTROY London? Or in the case of Lord of the Rings why would he melt the rings down and make a belt buckle?

So why would Lord of the Sabbath do the same?

Repeatedly I have shown you that He lived and taught the new covenant way before He was killed signing the last will and testemant with His blood and sealing it by His death...now when the testator is dead there can no longer be any changes to his testament and last will...

You are making changes to that testemant...despite His teaching “think NOT”

Matt 24:20 makes quite clear that He expected two times to continue into the future...long after He was resurrected and ascended even...those times He expected to continue were winter times...and the seventh day Sabbath times...in fact He even instructed you pray that the Sabbath be kept during that future time...

So there it is...He lived taught and expected us to follow His new covenant way...just as He did...

Heb 4:9 makes sabbatismos a sabbath keeping still for His people...you His people?

Peter in Acts 15:8-9 speaking of the gentiles makes it quite clear that Yah gave goyim the Holy Spirit and MADE NO DISTINCTION between jew and goyim...

Now if those goyim were worshipping 7 days a week and NOT working 6 then resting the 7 well THAT would be a distinction right?

Instead James concludes the Jerusalem council expecting 4 things (kosher included BTW) of goyim as they crowded synagogues in every city to hear Moses read ON EVERY SABBATH...

See NO DISTINCTION...because IN HIM there is NO sabbath keeping jew and also every day or sunday keeping goyim...but one NEW CREATURE...a citizen of Israel...and what do citizens of Israel do? Follow Him...as He entered His rest a Sabbatismos after six days of work at creation...

Yup citizens of Israel keep the Sabbath as it was made for man and not just jews...and even in the wilderness this church and specifically this commandment was given to the strangers with in their gates...

You are strange to think that it is NOT as it was in the OT...ONE LAW for Israel and stranger alike...

John makes it clear “here are they that keep the commandments...and the faith OF...”

He writes “Blessed are those who do His commandments that they may have the right tot he tree of life...”

Your worship every day is like eve’s thinking she CAN eat every fruit...

Sabbath was made for man...woman was too...some sinners reject both...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Milk To Meat

Heb 5:13-14
13 For everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe.
14 But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
James 1:23-25
23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror;
24 for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was.
25 But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does.
John 14:15
15 "If you love Me, keep My commandments.
John 15:10
10 "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.
2 Cor 10:3-5
3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh.
4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds,
5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,
Gal 5:24
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
2 Cor 5:5
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
Rom 8:1,2
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
Matt 25:1-12
1 "Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.
2 "Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
3 "Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them,
4 "but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
5 "But while the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept.
6 "And at midnight a cry was heard: 'Behold, the bridegroom is coming; go out to meet him!'
7 "Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps.
8 "And the foolish said to the wise, 'Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.'
9 "But the wise answered, saying, 'No, lest there should not be enough for us and you; but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.'
10 "And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut.
11 "Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, 'Lord, Lord, open to us!'
12 "But he answered and said, 'Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.'
Matt 7:21-29
21 "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
22 "Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?'
23 "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'
24 "Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock:
25 "and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock.
26 "Now everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand:
27 "and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall."
28 And so it was, when Jesus had ended these sayings, that the people were astonished at His teaching,
29 for He taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.
Luke 13:25-28
25 "When once the Master of the house has risen up and shut the door, and you begin to stand outside and knock at the door, saying, 'Lord, Lord, open for us,' and He will answer and say to you, 'I do not know you, where you are from,'
26 "then you will begin to say, 'We ate and drank in Your presence, and You taught in our streets.'
27 "But He will say, 'I tell you I do not know you, where you are from. Depart from Me, all you workers of iniquity.'
28 "There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, and yourselves thrust out.
(NKJ)
xxx Many people cant go into the meat understanding because they are to weak. Because in the meat is where you will suffer. You will suffer wrongfully but do it willingly. Some people havent built up their faith strong enough to trust God to get them through the suffering. So they start lieing to themselves. That is when the devil starts lieing to them and they believe him. When all through the milk understanding they were being prepared to do this. So they abide in the milk understanding. They worship in the flesh. In the meat understanding there will be much personal suffering, that one must go through alone, in crucifying all their emotions, and bringing every thought into obedience of the new testament.

Heb 6:1-2

1 Therefore, leaving the discussion of the elementary principles of Christ, let us go on to perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God,
2 of the doctrine of baptisms, of laying on of hands, of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.
(NKJ)

Heb 5:8
8 though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience by the things which He suffered.
(NKJ)

1 Pet 2:19-22
19 For this is commendable, if because of conscience toward God one endures grief, suffering wrongfully.
20 For what credit is it if, when you are beaten for your faults, you take it patiently? But when you do good and suffer, if you take it patiently, this is commendable before God.
21 For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps:
22 "Who committed no sin, nor was deceit found in His mouth";
(NKJ)

clefty

1 COR. 3 [1] And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. [2] I HAVE FED YOU WITH MILK, AND NOT WITH MEAT: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able. [3] For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

HEBREWS 5 [12] For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. [13] FOR EVERY ONE THAT USETH MILK IS UNSKILFUL IN THE WORD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS: FOR HE IS A BABE. [14] But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

The two above new testament scriptures tell us we should be teachers of the word but also tells us everyone that uses milk is unskilful in the word.

ISAIAH 28 [9] WHOM SHALL HE TEACH KNOWLEDGE? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? THEM THAT ARE WEANED FROM THE MILK, and drawn from the breasts.[10] For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:[11] For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.[12] To whom he said, THIS IS THE REST wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and THIS IS THE REFRESHING: yet they would not hear.

In Hebrews 5 the scripture tells us we should be teachers of the Word but we dont get it, we are still just babes, milk drinkers. In Isaiah we see that those whom God will teach knowledge and whom he shall make to understand doctrine are those who are weaned from the milk. Who are these milk drinkers (verse 12) that dont understand doctrine? To whom he said this is the rest and the refreshing, but they refused to hear. Rest? Refreshing?

EXODUS 31 [15] Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.[16] Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.[17] It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and ON THE SEVENTH DAY HE RESTED, AND WAS REFRESHED.

Heres a scripture that speaks of a rest and a refreshing. And yes, the milk drinkers do refuse to hear that scripture.

GOT MILK?

Milk? Some around here are drowning in milkshakes...diabetic shock ensues and brains rot...

But good use of the sword there...

Is why the Jerusalem council ruled only 4 things were INITIALLY required of goyim crowding the synagogues...start with MILK

These 4 things were already outlined in the OT for goyim within their gates...

But eager to hear more fantastic news about One killed by rome coming back to life was indeed exciting to even goyim and well some basic house rules of fellowship needed to be given...MERE BASICS

Only 4 things...but nothing new and nothing too difficult to understand...MILK understanding stuff

So now every Sabbath in every city Moses could be heard read and these goyim could move on to the MEAT of things...

I dont expect christians to think that Not stealing or NOT killing were not expected of these goyim...I mean only 4 things were required right?

I dont think these goyim were expected to worship another god than this One Who now had a begotten Son reborn of the flesh...

Did requiring merely 4 things of the crowding goyim allow goyim to worship ANOTHER way...one contrary to their way...like on Sunday maybe?...NO it was clear Moses would continue to be heard every Sabbath...

Imagine hearing the story of the golden calf...false worship intended for the true God...on a sunday...LOL

No 4 things (including the kosher meat) were only INITIALLY required...the MILK...it was fully expected that the crowding goyim would CONTINUE TO GROW INTO THE MEAT...by hearing Moses read every Sabbath...

It is basic manners actually...these crowding goyim were civilized and well mannered...and as guests and visitor they WANTED to behave and be like their hosts...

A goyim wanting to hear about One resurrected would NOT burst through the door with SWINE MEAT for potluck...that is just plain RUDE

Clarification was needed...even CLEAN chicken or lamb or beef NOT properly killed or drained of blood was UNCLEAN and certainly any CLEAN meat offered previously to idols was made UNCLEAN...

So it’s NOT like the crowding goyim just wanted MILKSHAKES...

Already in Acts 14 and PRIOR the council goyim demanded MORE MEAT demanding Paul preach the NEXT SABBATH and not the next day SUNDAY or at Wednesday night prayer meeting on mars hill...

These CLEAN MEAT eating goyim knew full well that the teaching Yahushua changed the law and customs was a jewish false witness and attempt to slander

They were not rotted out on MILKSHAKES...

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
Jacob you have never gotten the message, Jesus came because the Jews never got the worship of God correct. So Jesus came to deliver them from that deception. You gave up Jesus for the Jews deception. Your going backwards in Spiritual worship.

I worship God and I worship Jesus.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I worship God and I worship Jesus.

I said
You cant do it the way you are doing it. Its very clear, if you dont stay in the new testament of Christ you dont have the right God or the right Jesus. And the only way to worship God is through Jesus. And what Jesus said. New testament.

[2Jo 1:8-11
[8] Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but [that] we may receive a full reward.
[9] Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
[10] If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
[11] for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
You cant do it the way you are doing it. Its very clear, if you dont stay in the new testament of Christ you dont have the right God or the right Jesus. And the only way to worship God is through Jesus. And what Jesus said. New testament.

[2Jo 1:8-11
[8] Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but [that] we may receive a full reward.
[9] Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
[10] If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
[11] for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.

Very good.

If Jesus taught from the old covenant, and it is new covenant, what is additional to what we already know? Else, the new covenant is completely new and we need to know what it is and can we learn anything from the old covenant like God's commands or commandments or character? Should you live a moral life or have moral character? And, do we learn this from Jesus? Is anything from Jesus for the new covenant?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Very good.

If Jesus taught from the old covenant, and it is new covenant, what is additional to what we already know? Else, the new covenant is completely new and we need to know what it is and can we learn anything from the old covenant like God's commands or commandments or character? Should you live a moral life or have moral character? And, do we learn this from Jesus? Is anything from Jesus for the new covenant?

I said
lol Jesus brought the new testament to show us just how wrong the Jews were in the old testament. Jesus came for the Jews but they rejected Him. Jesus is the beginning and the end of the church, you won't see another before He comes. That is why Jesus told us.

[Jhn 10:1, 8-9
[9] "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
lol Jesus brought the new testament to show us just how wrong the Jews were in the old testament. Jesus came for the Jews but they rejected Him. Jesus is the beginning and the end of the church, you won't see another before He comes. That is why Jesus told us.

[Jhn 10:1, 8-9
[9] "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
From what I have read in the new testament, the old covenant was not the problem, but the people.