Just a few rapture questions

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Are there ANY scriptures that say we are goin to heaven when we are changed in the twinkling of an eye?

Shalom.

Today, evening and morning, night and day, is Shishi (Sixth), 12-22.

I am an ex-dispensationalist. Dispensationalists believe in a reunification of Israel with a Seven-Year Tribulation preceding a One Thousand Year Millennium or Millennial Reign of Christ. The rapture is one of the doctrines of dispensationalism, in particular in the United States of America where I live and elsewhere around the world, premillennial pre-tribulation rapture dispensationalism. The teaching is a distinctive of the Plymouth Brethren Movement which originated in Plymouth England as I understand it. You may have heard of John Nelson Darby, who taught and popularized the teaching. Other teachers of dispensationalism are Scofield, and I don't remember who else. You may have heard of the Scofield Reference Bible I think it was called. I don't know if I have the spelling of his name correct. I grew up Plymouth Brethren. I know of the Brethren Assemblies. I attended Des Moines Gospel Chapel as a child, a youth, and a young adult. I went to Bible Camp at Lakeside Bible Camp. Since obtaining my two Bachelor of Science Degrees I have taken some courses free courses online with Dallas Theological Seminary. They are known to be Dispensational. Good teaching and good history.

I do not know that the following verse talks about goin to heaven, but since you asked and you have some words right here it is I share it with you, from the King James Bible or rather the King James Version if you don't mind.

1 Corinthians 15:52 KJV - 52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

Shalom.

Jacob

marhig

Shalom.

Today, evening and morning, night and day, is Shishi (Sixth), 12-22.

I am an ex-dispensationalist. Dispensationalists believe in a reunification of Israel with a Seven-Year Tribulation preceding a One Thousand Year Millennium or Millennial Reign of Christ. The rapture is one of the doctrines of dispensationalism, in particular in the United States of America where I live and elsewhere around the world, premillennial pre-tribulation rapture dispensationalism. The teaching is a distinctive of the Plymouth Brethren Movement which originated in Plymouth England as I understand it. You may have heard of John Nelson Darby, who taught and popularized the teaching. Other teachers of dispensationalism are Scofield, and I don't remember who else. You may have heard of the Scofield Reference Bible I think it was called. I don't know if I have the spelling of his name correct. I grew up Plymouth Brethren. I know of the Brethren Assemblies. I attended Des Moines Gospel Chapel as a child, a youth, and a young adult. I went to Bible Camp at Lakeside Bible Camp. Since obtaining my two Bachelor of Science Degrees I have taken some courses free courses online with Dallas Theological Seminary. They are known to be Dispensational. Good teaching and good history.

I do not know that the following verse talks about goin to heaven, but since you asked and you have some words right here it is I share it with you, from the King James Bible or rather the King James Version if you don't mind.

1 Corinthians 15:52 KJV - 52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

Shalom.

Jacob

Many people believe that much knowledge comes from much studying, but knowledge in God comes from revelation from God.

What do yo believe that verse means?

DansingWall

ISAIAH 27 {12} And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall beat off from the channel of the river unto the stream of Egypt, and YE SHALL BE GATHERED ONE BY ONE, O YE CHILDREN OF ISRAEL. {13} And it shall come to pass in that day, that THE GREAT TRUMPET SHALL BE BLOWN, and they shall come which were ready to perish in the land of Assyria, and the outcasts in the land of Egypt, AND SHALL WORSHIP THE LORD IN THE HOLY MOUNT AT JERUSALEM.

There is a reason i ask the question. In this scripture from Isaiah you see the “last trumpet” being blown. The gathering of His people. Are they goin to heaven as the Rapturist claim? Nope. There headin for the holy mountain, Zion, the new Jerusalem for the 1000yr period of rest

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Many people believe that much knowledge comes from much studying, but knowledge in God comes from revelation from God.

What do yo believe that verse means?

Shalom.

Today is Shishi, 12-22.

If you are asking about 1 Corinthians 15:52 KJV, I simply accept it as written.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
ISAIAH 27 {12} And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall beat off from the channel of the river unto the stream of Egypt, and YE SHALL BE GATHERED ONE BY ONE, O YE CHILDREN OF ISRAEL. {13} And it shall come to pass in that day, that THE GREAT TRUMPET SHALL BE BLOWN, and they shall come which were ready to perish in the land of Assyria, and the outcasts in the land of Egypt, AND SHALL WORSHIP THE LORD IN THE HOLY MOUNT AT JERUSALEM.

There is a reason i ask the question. In this scripture from Isaiah you see the “last trumpet” being blown. The gathering of His people. Are they goin to heaven as the Rapturist claim? Nope. There headin for the holy mountain, Zion, the new Jerusalem for the 1000yr period of rest

Shalom.

Today is Shishi, 12-22.

I do not have Biblical support for your alternative to the view that you are rejecting. Good to reject what is false, or / and wrong.

Shalom.

Jacob

beameup

Are there ANY scriptures that say we are goin to heaven when we are changed in the twinkling of an eye?

You seem to already have your answer, so why are you asking.

Where did Enoch go when he was raptured?
Where did Elijah go when he was raptured?
harpazō = "snatched out of the way"

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up [snatched away] together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
- 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

DansingWall

You seem to already have your answer, so why are you asking.

Where did Enoch go when he was raptured?
Where did Elijah go when he was raptured?

Dont know

JOHN 3 [12] If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things? [13] And NO MAN HATH ASCENDED UP TO HEAVEN, BUT HE THAT CAME DOWN FROM HEAVEN, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

But i do know it wasnt to heaven

beameup

Dont know

JOHN 3 [12] If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things? [13] And NO MAN HATH ASCENDED UP TO HEAVEN, BUT HE THAT CAME DOWN FROM HEAVEN, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

But i do know it wasnt to heaven

I see you ignored the verses I posted. Were you confronted with information that you really didn't want to see?

So, in the verse you posted, it indicates that the Son of God had both ascends into Heaven and descends from Heaven to the earth.

Here is an excerpt from the verses I posted:
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven - 1 Thes 4:16a
...and so shall we ever be with the Lord. - 1 Thes 4:17b

DansingWall

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up [snatched away] together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
- 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

Yup. We will be caught up in the clouds

Daniel 7

13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.
14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

Like i said, we are goin to the kingdom afer being caught up in the clouds. Not heaven

beameup

Like i said, we are goin to the kingdom afer being caught up in the clouds. Not heaven
Perhaps you can show me the scripture/scriptures that show that.

So, by your statement, the Lord will never return to "heaven" once he has come to "the clouds" (presumably those that are above the earth). So, it will be a "one way trip" when Jesus returns?
Because in the verses that I excerpted from 1 Thes 4, it clearly states that wherever Jesus is (or goes), we shall always be with him. This will leave God the Father "all alone" in heaven.

PS: Also by quoting Daniel 7, you are stating that God the Father (Ancient of Days) is in the "clouds" above the earth (where the rain originates).

beameup

Shalom.

Shalom.

Jacob

Since you are of the Pharisaical (Talmudic) Sect of Judaism, perhaps you can shed some light on the various blowings of the shofar. For example the phrase "last trump" refers to a specific feast and is actually the "last trump" in a long series of trumpet blasts.

oatmeal

I These 4:13-17 state that so shall we ever be with the lord. So where is the lord? When he wastaken up ascended where was he taken to?

DansingWall

I These 4:13-17 state that so shall we ever be with the lord. So where is the lord? When he wastaken up ascended where was he taken to?

He ascended into heaven but 1Thes.4 says He will descend to the earths air. He comes to earth. Hes not in heaven.

JOHN 7 [33] Then said Jesus unto them, Yet a little while am I with you, and then I GO UNTO HIM THAT SENT ME.[34] Ye shall seek me, and shall not find me: and WHERE I AM, THITHER YE CANNOT COME.

Jesus ascended to the Father. Heaven. Jesus said we cant go there

DansingWall

Since you are of the Pharisaical (Talmudic) Sect of Judaism, perhaps you can shed some light on the various blowings of the shofar. For example the phrase "last trump" refers to a specific feast and is actually the "last trump" in a long series of trumpet blasts.

No. The LAST trumpet is the LAST trumpet

1COR.15 [50] Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.[51] BEHOLD, I SHEW YOU A MYSTERY; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,[52] In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, AT THE LAST TRUMP: FOR THE TRUMPET SHALL SOUND, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.[53] For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.[54] So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

The above scripture points out that “we shall all be changed” as the LAST TRUMPET is blown.

MATTHEW 24 [29]IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE TRIBULATION of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: [30] And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. [31] And he shall send his angels with A GREAT SOUND OF A TRUMPET, and THEY SHALL GATHER TOGETHER HIS ELECT from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Here we find a trumpet being blown after the tribulation period. No matter how ya figure it, you cannot have the LAST TRUMPET being blown before the tribulation or at mid tribulation if a trumpet is being blown AFTER the tribulation. Yes, the trumpet blown in Matt.24 is the last trumpet of 1Cor.15. In fact in Matt.24 youll also find the gathering of His elect {In the twinkling of an eye}

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

Shalom.

Today is Rishon (First), 12-24, evening and morning, night and day.

Interesting. What feast is that?

Shalom.

Jacob

beameup

Shalom.

Today is Rishon (First), 12-24, evening and morning, night and day.

Interesting. What feast is that?

Shalom.

Jacob

If you were a true "Messianic Jew", you would know.
I'm just a Gentile member of the Body of Christ, and I know.