The earth is flat and we never went to the moon--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The earth is not flat!

Isaiah 40:22 King James Version (KJV)

22 It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

Argue with the Almighty about it.

Were the moon landings faked? I normally do not just put up a link but it is the best way to answer the question.

https://lightsinthedark.com/2014/05/22/no-the-moon-landings-werent-faked-and-heres-how-you-can-tell/

I was twenty years old at the time and I'll tell you that it is the greatest feat performed by mankind. The landings on the moon are real and true. Your choice not to believe. My choice is to believe. So much for my input.
The Almighty and Isaiah know the difference between a circle and a ball.

Isaiah 22:18 -
He will surely violently turn and toss thee like a ball into a large country: there shalt thou die, and there the chariots of thy glory shall be the shame of thy lord's house.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Clete.... Right Divider... Judge Rightly.... I know it was painful to see DFT_Dave crash and burn but it might be even worse to see STP head off the cliff of insanity.

Does this shock you? How do you feel about seeing these guys act this way? And what does it say about their witness for Christ in general?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Clete.... Right Divider... Judge Rightly.... I know it was painful to see DFT_Dave crash and burn but it might be even worse to see STP head off the cliff of insanity.

Agreed.

Does this shock you? How do you feel about seeing these guys act this way? And what does it say about their witness for Christ in general?

God tells us to have dominion over the earth, and that includes learning about it. He gave us a will, which we can either use to learn how the universe around us works, or we could focus on doing other things. We learn by exploring, both new lands and new thoughts.

I'm reminded of this summary of Aristotle's Nichomachean Ethics (quoted from a game called Civilization 6):

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

But there is always a danger to both, in new lands, there is always the risk of injury, death, sickness, but even more dangerous is exploring ideas that harm not only us, but those around us. That's why God tells us, in Proverbs:

Keep your heart with all diligence, For out of it spring the issues of life.Put away from you a deceitful mouth, And put perverse lips far from you.Let your eyes look straight ahead, And your eyelids look right before you.Ponder the path of your feet, And let all your ways be established.Do not turn to the right or the left; Remove your foot from evil. - Proverbs 4:23-27 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs4:23-27&version=NKJV

God tells us to guard our minds, because of the dangers of allowing nonsensical ideas in.

A few other verses that come to mind...

There is a way that seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death. - Proverbs 14:12 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs14:12&version=NKJV

For as he thinks in his heart, so is he. “Eat and drink!” he says to you, But his heart is not with you. - Proverbs 23:7 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs23:7&version=NKJV

As in water face reflects face, So a man’s heart reveals the man. - Proverbs 27:19 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs27:19&version=NKJV

If one thinks foolishness, then he becomes a fool. This is why and how people fall into insanity, such as believing the flat earth. Near the beginning of the original Flat earth thread, if I remember correctly, I cautioned Dave (and by inclusion, everyone who reads the thread) to guard his heart/mind. He clearly did not, nor did any of the other now-flat-earth-proponents.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You deny the existence of gravity yet anybody can easily observe the effects of gravity by dropping something. To date, you have not provided ANY explanation for why this happens on a flat Earth.

That we do not all float in space on a flat stationary earth is easily empirically validated by the physical facts that mass plus density equals weight. Tesla believed electromagnetism is the cause of attraction not gravity.

Imagining an invisible force that holds planets in orbit is not proof of said force. Saying we have detected the invisible waves of this invisible force in a specific place in space many lights years away while such waves supposedly everywhere at all times are undetectable is proof this construction is nonsense.

A force, call it what you will, is a requirement to keep a universe of spinning and orbiting planets from chaos. A force, call it what you will, that keeps water and us from flying off a spinning globe is also a requirement.

If the domed flat stationary earth model with small sun, moon, and stars circling above us is correct then electromagnetism is the moving and attracting force not a big bang and gravity waves.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
That we do not all float in space on a flat stationary earth is easily empirically validated by the physical facts that mass plus density equals weight. Tesla believed electromagnetism is the cause of attraction not gravity.

Imagining an invisible force that holds planets in orbit is not proof of said force. Saying we have detected the invisible waves of this invisible force in a specific place in space many lights years away while such waves supposedly everywhere at all times are undetectable is proof this construction is nonsense.

A force, call it what you will, is a requirement to keep a universe of spinning and orbiting planets from chaos. A force, call it what you will, that keeps water and us from flying off a spinning globe is also a requirement.

If the domed flat stationary earth model with small sun, moon, and stars circling above us is correct then electromagnetism is the moving and attracting force not a big bang and gravity waves.

--Dave

Gosh dangit, Dave, I can't remember the number of times I've asked you to stop doing this.

STOP PRESENTING A FALSE DICHOTOMY AND FALSE EQUIVALENCE FALLACY. GLOBE EARTH DOES NOT ALWAYS MEAN BIG BANG. GLOBE EARTH IS PART OF BOTH CREATIONIST'S VIEWS AND ATHEIST'S!

Wick Stick

It's not very hard to prove/disprove, people. All you have to do is take a long flight on a clear day.

Is a couple hundred dollars worth it, to settle the issue once and for all?

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The rate at which Flat Earther's deny science, fabricate evidence, ignore math and fabricate conspiracy theories is fascinating. You have not presented one piece of evidence in this thread or any other that has not been soundly rebuked. You claim to be an expert about the physics of landing a LEM on the moon but have never seen anything other than whats on YouTube. The scientists, engineers and astronauts spent YEARS perfecting the vehicle and you want me to accept your analysis of a YouTube video as a complete refutation of years of work.

The youtube video is the official NASA recording of the moon/lem landing. Watching it proves the impossibility of it being real. They could not get the count down correct and you think they nailed the landing while moving downward at an angle then suddenly making a vertical landing.

View attachment 26346 View attachment 26345

Seems they swept off all that fine dust we saw from the landing video and filled in the crater that would have been made by the blast from the rocket before they took this pic.

--Dave

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It's not very hard to prove/disprove, people. All you have to do is take a long flight on a clear day.

Is a couple hundred dollars worth it, to settle the issue once and for all?
Don't you know NASA has installed LCD screens that look like windows on commercial airlines??? What you are looking at when you peer out the window is not a window at all. It's a CGI generated video from NASA that makes it look like there is curvature of the earth. :duh: I'm surprised you didn't know that.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
On the contrary a claim that the landing on the moon was a fake is a claim that all those that participated in the effort were either dupes or duplicitous in the claimed charade by the flat earth proponent. It is quite fair and warranted for [MENTION=595]Knight[/MENTION] to make the claim.

AMR

Just think of how many have been duped by Calvinism,

and think of all the Calvinist fathers we open theists have offended.

I think it best we just keep all the duped and all the fathers out of our debates.

--Dave

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Don't you know NASA has installed LCD screens that look like windows on commercial airlines??? What you are looking at when you look out the window is not a window at all. It's a CGI generated video from NASA that makes it look like there is curvature of the earth. :duh: I'm surprised you didn't know that.

:confused:

:think:

:rotfl:

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You need to be using this:
curvature-b.png

No problem :rotfl:

--Dave

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame

--Dave
Mass plus density equals nothing. Density is mass per unit volume. So what you said is mass plus mass per unit volume equals weight. Mathematically impossible.

We have verified the force called gravity imperially.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Actually it is about my dad. After all... you, patrick, STP, and the rest of the FE goof troop claim that my father's work for Martin Marietta didn't actually happen. And that my dad must have been "in" on the grand conspiracy to fake the moon landing which in turn helps cover the truth that the earth is actually flat. Just typing that makes me chuckle.

Furthermore... your claims insinuate that my father lied to me and the rest of the family about his accomplishments. Therefore as you might understand this is a very important aspect of this topic for me so I will not stop bringing up my father.

Suck it up buttercup.

I've done that. Clete has done that. ARM, Judge Rightly, Right Divider, Stuu, daqq, Cabinet Maker, and a host of others have done that. In fact I have never seen such an utterly destroyed and debunked "theory" in all my life. Heck the only reason any of us continue this conversation is it's fun to destroy stupid crap like this.

As long as you can "chuckle" about it fine with me. I wish Clete could do the same.

No one said "work" didn't happen. What was designed and built just did not end up where it was intended.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Mass plus density equals nothing. Density is mass per unit volume. So what you said is mass plus mass per unit volume equals weight. Mathematically impossible.

We have verified the force called gravity imperially.

Take away mass, take away density and what do you have?

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You see, you can't even understand the basic math. How can possibly convince people that what you say is true if you can't even understand the basic geometry.

Just explain how much is blocked in relation to the height of the observer at a 6 mile distance according to how you think it should be calculated.

I used the standard method that many use from the website I gave. Why is it wrong? Just explain it.

--Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.