Is the Bible the only sacred texts and why or why not.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Most of the scriptures that you choose to quote or misinterpret, you use as insulation against your coming to a realization that with Paul, Christ from heaven brought about a change in dispensation and ushered in a new program called the dispensation of the grace of GOD, whereby all who believe on the death, burial and resurrection of Christ are saved by faith alone.
It's what Paul plainly teaches but you miss it by trying to blend Christ's message thru Paul with other messages. It won't work and you are left in the dark.
Yeppers.
If it is by works then it is no longer by grace.

God's Truth

umm ok? what bible translation do you use?
Yeshua, John, the 12 and st Paul where all Jews and members of a sect of Judaism called the way.
the pharisees where another sect of Jews, Jesus said do what they teach.

Jesus told the people who were already Jews to do what the Pharisees and teachers of the law said because the temple was still standing and they enforced the law.

popsthebuilder

Unfortunately for you and your misplaced "indignation", we have little blue arrows we can follow right back to the proof that you most certainly did do exactly what you deny doing. You not only went off topic, but you continued off topic in an attempt to argue about the nature of God.
Pretty sure the nature of GOD is part of the topic.

However speaking of homosexuality really is not.

MISREPRESENTING the truth.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

popsthebuilder

Isaiah 53:10-12
What a very foolish remark to a very specific question.

That tells why Jesus came.

Explains nothing about the question I asked though you have been taught by man that it does....it is a shame.

popsthebuilder

How do you miss the gospel according to the revelation of the mystery that Christ from heaven ordained Paul to preach?
Because the mystery is that Christ lives in us, not that you can secretly sin and have it easy in this life by not following Him, yet professing belief and faith in HIM.

FAITH IS EFFECTUAL AND BELIEVE IS LIVED OUT AS IF TRUTH, IF ACTUAL BELIEF.

Last edited:

popsthebuilder

It goes against Holy Scripture that says the Lord Jesus Christ is the Creator of all creation.

If you don't believe Holy Scripture that says He is the Creator of all creation, then you are not believing in the same Jesus Christ of Holy Scripture.

The Quran does not teach the same Jesus Christ as Holy Scripture teaches.
The Quran goes against Holy Scripture.

Why would you even need to hold your breath?
One does not need to be told "why" in order to trust GOD's word.
Job asked GOD why inflictions were coming upon him, and you know what? ..... when GOD showed up in the whirlwind He never answered that question.
And when we read the story of the potter (the Creator) and the clay (creation), we are told the clay has no authority to question the potter.
So, speculation on WHY is just that, speculation.
All we need to do is trust GOD at His word.

John 3:16-18 KJV
(16) For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
(17) For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
(18) He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Not only does the god of the Quran deny that Jesus is the only begotten Son of him, but denies that GOD has a Son period.

The Quran is incompatible with Christianity and incompatible with Holy Scripture.

Genesis 1:1 KJV
(1) In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

John 1:1-3 KJV
(1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
(2) The same was in the beginning with God.
(3) All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Colossians 1:16 KJV
(16) For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
I'm not questioning GOD.

Im questioning you, the known liar.

popsthebuilder

It goes against Holy Scripture that says the Lord Jesus Christ is the Creator of all creation.

If you don't believe Holy Scripture that says He is the Creator of all creation, then you are not believing in the same Jesus Christ of Holy Scripture.

The Quran does not teach the same Jesus Christ as Holy Scripture teaches.
The Quran goes against Holy Scripture.

Why would you even need to hold your breath?
One does not need to be told "why" in order to trust GOD's word.
Job asked GOD why inflictions were coming upon him, and you know what? ..... when GOD showed up in the whirlwind He never answered that question.
And when we read the story of the potter (the Creator) and the clay (creation), we are told the clay has no authority to question the potter.
So, speculation on WHY is just that, speculation.
All we need to do is trust GOD at His word.

John 3:16-18 KJV
(16) For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
(17) For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
(18) He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Not only does the god of the Quran deny that Jesus is the only begotten Son of him, but denies that GOD has a Son period.

The Quran is incompatible with Christianity and incompatible with Holy Scripture.

Genesis 1:1 KJV
(1) In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

John 1:1-3 KJV
(1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
(2) The same was in the beginning with God.
(3) All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Colossians 1:16 KJV
(16) For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
By the way. Jesus nor scripture says Jesus as man was the fullness of GOD as a man. He had the fullness of the Spirit of GOD as it pertains to man. It is apparent that He was not all knowing and worshipped GOD while He walked the earth.

popsthebuilder

Most of the scriptures that you choose to quote or misinterpret, you use as insulation against your coming to a realization that with Paul, Christ from heaven brought about a change in dispensation and ushered in a new program called the dispensation of the grace of GOD, whereby all who believe on the death, burial and resurrection of Christ are saved by faith alone.
It's what Paul plainly teaches but you miss it by trying to blend Christ's message thru Paul with other messages. It won't work and you are left in the dark.
Let it be known that the mass here believes there to be a third testament and multiple gospels.

popsthebuilder

He received the dispensation of the grace of GOD directly from Christ in heaven and was ordained a minister thereof.

Nope, not like the other apostles because he wasn't qualified precisely because he was not with Christ from the beginning.

John the Baptist, the Lord Jesus and the twelve preached the prophecied Davidic Messianice earthly Kingdom to Israel.
With Israel's refusal and diminishing, Christ raised up Paul to preach the gospel of the grace of GOD according to the mystery to all nations without rank.
So to you, GOD changed HIS mind and was powerless to change the minds of the people?

Sad

popsthebuilder

You are badly mistaken. It is a shame what you accuse Paul of doing.

Jesus came with grace; he was full of grace.

The gospel is about the good news of Jesus Christ.

IT IS ONE AND ONLY GOSPEL.

I have scriptures for everything that I say.

Paul is the minister of the NEW COVENANT that Jesus made.

There are not two gospels that oppose each other!

Jesus is not divided.
Jesus came with grace; he was full of grace (and truth)

Truth is key as most like to say the truth changed with the false third testament of St. Paul, along with another Gospel which he specifically preached against.

They will stop at nothing to be allowed to continue in error and too feel false security.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
The Book of Nature.....includes all inspired breaths.......

The Book of Nature.....includes all inspired breaths.......

Per repeated request in am starting this thread. It will no doubt cause many to turn their backs on me, but that does not matter to me. I have been alone my whole life pretty much, yet never really was.

I believe that all core sacred monotheistic texts are profitable for scripture unless they outright plainly deny the Christ. This even goes for a few writings that are generally seen as polytheistic yet in actuality show themselves to ultimately glorify One merciful Creator of all existence.

These writings include but are not limited to the Bible, Quran, book of Enoch, the Torah, the Zend Avesta, writings ascribed to the Baha'i faith, the Gita, upinishads and other writings.

Excelllent observations, since Truth itself is universal, although expressed in different words, symbols, texts and forms.

The One Infinite Spirit itself is the Heart of the cosmos, all space and time, all worlds, all dimensions...and naturally so. All true ancient schools of wisdom have recognized the perennial philosophy, which expound and study the universal laws and principles. Anyone with a minor knowledge or study of comparitive religions, metaphysics and philosophy would be aquainted to know this much,...for starters.

Essence is one, forms are many.

One Ocean, many rivers.

~*~*~

Having read thru the thread,...we would expect the typical answers, juxtapositions and bunny trails,....but hey,...its TOL :)

As perhaps one of the most eclectic here, and universal...I try to have fun with the kids, but harsh when needed, but the critique is upon the thought, concept, belief, logic, rationale or principle,...that is what we are discussing, not persons or personalities, although some debates can turn into personal excursions, which we would hope to avoid by treating the subject alone.

Beyond treating topics with 'creative commentary',.... beliefs, opinions and points of view may be contested, tried, challenged or even raked over the coals,...as points of view are subject to CHANGE, with the arrival of more inforomation or revelation. A genuine student of truth is always OPEN to research his opinions and LEARN, continually question, research his assumptions. A great teacher once admonished one to continually be asking, seeking and knocking. I gather most of you know of this teacher. But God has used and continues to use many different teachers....since the Great Spirit uses many vessels thru which to work.

You cannot put the INFINITE in a 'box', worship your 'box' and then pretend or assume your 'box' is all there is. 'Box' here refers to prefigured concepts, ideas, opinions, beliefs, traditions, dogmas, creeds, etc. Sometimes you have to trade your 'cardboard' for the true gold of Spirit, and leave it at that, since the Spirit Alone is LIFE.

Let the fun begin.

Unfortunately, the 'fun' might put a 'damper' on many personal parades here, but sometimes a good rain is nice to cool, moisten and break up the fallowed ground ;)

Those following my more serious commentaries (see my previous posts) can see I also enjoy some humor, at various expenses, while also trying to be as civil as possible. This boldness has gotten me removed/blocked from some discussion threads, with no warning or explanation. But I go forward.

'God' the Universal Spirit is a FOUNT that is not limited to only one human tribe, race, community or religious cult. It just so happens that all streams of truth originate from one Ocean of Spirit and the 'Christ' is that inner spark, spirit, essence, light, logic of the Creator, that is awakened inside the cradle of the soul, illuminating man into his divine sonship, whereby he recognizes God as his Father-Mother, and then being "in Christ" sees there is no division between genders, race or culture....but all are one in God. Use whatever terms or symbols you like, a study of universal principles and esoteric science points to one universal truth, one underlying fundamental knowledge sourced in the unity of Spirit.

While the Bible is a valuabe, useful, inspired text (having religious, historical and mythical elements), there are also some parts that are not necessarily useful or practical to men living in this day and age, due to cultural changes, imperfections and rational application. This may be said with any of the other great traditional religious texts of our world religions as well. Each religious text is limited to a degree by its own dispensation being conditioned by various factors relative to its inception and development, further adapted or modified in time (via translation and interpretation). - this just happens to be the natural 'process'.

View attachment 26109

popsthebuilder

Excelllent observations, since Truth itself is universal, although expressed in different words, symbols, texts and forms.

The One Infinite Spirit itself is the Heart of the cosmos, all space and time, all worlds, all dimensions...and naturally so. All true ancient schools of wisdom have recognized the perennial philosophy, which expound and study the universal laws and principles. Anyone with a minor knowledge or study of comparitive religions, metaphysics and philosophy would be aquainted to know this much,...for starters.

Essence is one, forms are many.

One Ocean, many rivers.

~*~*~

Having read thru the thread,...we would expect the typical answers, juxtapositions and bunny trails,....but hey,...its TOL :)

As perhaps one of the most eclectic here, and universal...I try to have fun with the kids, but harsh when needed, but the critique is upon the thought, concept, belief, logic, rationale or principle,...that is what we are discussing, not persons or personalities, although some debates can turn into personal excursions, which we would hope to avoid by treating the subject alone.

Beyond treating topics with 'creative commentary',.... beliefs, opinions and points of view may be contested, tried, challenged or even raked over the coals,...as points of view are subject to CHANGE, with the arrival of more inforomation or revelation. A genuine student of truth is always OPEN to research his opinions and LEARN, continually question, research his assumptions. A great teacher once admonished one to continually be asking, seeking and knocking. I gather most of you know of this teacher. But God has used and continues to use many different teachers....since the Great Spirit uses many vessels thru which to work.

You cannot put the INFINITE in a 'box', worship your 'box' and then pretend or assume your 'box' is all there is. 'Box' here refers to prefigured concepts, ideas, opinions, beliefs, traditions, dogmas, creeds, etc. Sometimes you have to trade your 'cardboard' for the true gold of Spirit, and leave it at that, since the Spirit Alone is LIFE.

Unfortunately, the 'fun' might put a 'damper' on many personal parades here, but sometimes a good rain is nice to cool, moisten and break up the fallowed ground ;)

Those following my more serious commentaries (see my previous posts) can see I also enjoy some humor, at various expenses, while also trying to be as civil as possible. This boldness has gotten me removed/blocked from some discussion threads, with no warning or explanation. But I go forward.

'God' the Universal Spirit is a FOUNT that is not limited to only one human tribe, race, community or religious cult. It just so happens that all streams of truth originate from one Ocean of Spirit and the 'Christ' is that inner spark, spirit, essence, light, logic of the Creator, that is awakened inside the cradle of the soul, illuminating man into his divine sonship, whereby he recognizes God as his Father-Mother, and then being "in Christ" sees there is no division between genders, race or culture....but all are one in God. Use whatever terms or symbols you like, a study of universal principles and esoteric science points to one universal truth, one underlying fundamental knowledge sourced in the unity of Spirit.

While the Bible is a valuabe, useful, inspired text (having religious, historical and mythical elements), there are also some parts that are not necessarily useful or practical to men living in this day and age, due to cultural changes, imperfections and rational application. This may be said with any of the other great traditional religious texts of our world religions as well. Each religious text is limited to a degree by its own dispensation being conditioned by various factors relative to its inception and development, further adapted or modified in time (via translation and interpretation). - this just happens to be the natural 'process'.

View attachment 26109
Thank you friend; sincerely.

peace

popsthebuilder

Well, it's clear you have never been saved, so why should we believe you've never been circumcised....as if anyone wants to hear anything about that.

Is this going to one of those threads where it's all about you, again? :popcorn:
You will know them by there works.

As far as the other; if I proved it I would most likely be kicked permanently for exposure or some such thing.

popsthebuilder

Which God's UNtruth denies.

And you accept Jesus was a man, but deny He is God come as a man.

Completely justified. And I have shown scripture. Can't you read?

:readthis: 1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

Wrong, they change the meaning of Christ exactly as YOU do. And you and they deny the Father and Son (triune nature of God). Neither admits Jesus and the Father are ONE.

1 John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Yep, proving you are antichrist just as I said. You deny Christ is God come in the flesh.

2 John 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.[/INDENT]

You, God's Untruth, and the Quran of having the spirit of antichrist....for denying that Christ is God come in the flesh.
I produced the text showing exactly that Christ came in the fresh, from the Quran

You are the one who denies the incarnation when you say Jesus/ GOD incarnate had the spirit of man as opposed to the Spirit of GOD. You are the one denying the divinity of Christ.

Oh wait that's right; to you Christ is 300% being and three people in one....I forgot.