One of the Commandments. You shall not commit adultery.

iouae

Shalom.

One of the commandments is you shall not commit adultery.

Shalom.

Jacob

Why do you think the State of Israel has no intention of bringing back OT law Jacob?

Lev 20:10
And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Why do you think the State of Israel has no intention of bringing back OT law Jacob?

And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

I can tell you that I do not think this. Torah is a part of who we are.

Shalom.

Jacob

iouae

I do not know what you are asking me. Are you thinking of a case where there were witnesses, or what do you mean?

Why does the State of Israel not stone adulterers? You say you keep the law. Would you do this?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Why does the State of Israel not stone adulterers? You say you keep the law. Would you do this?

Yes. It is one of God's Commandments.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Why do you think the State of Israel does not stone adulterers?

I do not see a reason for you saying this. I do not believe this to be true. In Israel we observe the Torah. And in the lands outside of Israel, like the United States of America, where I live. In the United States of America we also follow, observe, God's Law. Our nation was founded upon Biblical, Moral, Ethical, Judeo-Christian Morals, Ethics, Religion, and Principles. The Ten Commandments are a part of our Law. And other laws from the Torah as well.

Shalom.

Jacob

iouae

I do not see a reason for you saying this. I do not believe this to be true. In Israel we observe the Torah. And in the lands outside of Israel, like the United States of America, where I live. In the United States of America we also follow, observe, God's Law. Our nation was founded upon Biblical, Moral, Ethical, Judeo-Christian Morals, Ethics, Religion, and Principles. The Ten Commandments are a part of our Law. And other laws from the Torah as well.

Shalom.

Jacob

Our countries don't keep "other laws from the Torah as well". They especially don't keep the law to stone adulterers. Do you know why? Because we would all have to stone each other, and at the end, there would be very few left standing.

This law to stone adulterers would only work where the ethos of the whole country was fidelity. One cannot just suddenly introduce it.

Besides, nobody, but a few, CLAIM to obey the whole law. Which not a soul on earth today is doing.

The State of Israel does not have the Torah as the basis of its laws, or it would be stoning adulterers, those who curse parents, blasphemers, witches, etc.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Our countries don't keep "other laws from the Torah as well". They especially don't keep the law to stone adulterers. Do you know why? Because we would all have to stone each other, and at the end, there would be very few left standing.

This law to stone adulterers would only work where the ethos of the whole country was fidelity. One cannot just suddenly introduce it.

Besides, nobody, but a few, CLAIM to obey the whole law. Which not a soul on earth today is doing.

The State of Israel does not have the Torah as the basis of its laws, or it would be stoning adulterers, those who curse parents, blasphemers, witches, etc.

We, Israel and the United States of America, do understand the Torah to be God's Word, that we were founded upon Biblical morals, principles, and laws. In Israel something like capital punishment exists according to Torah law. There must be two or three witnesses, and this is for the United States of America as well. To say that we do not keep God's Law so no one can be punished according to God's Law is to regress. This is not what a Just or Righteous Judge should do.

Shalom.

Jacob

iouae

We, Israel and the United States of America, do understand the Torah to be God's Word, that we were founded upon Biblical morals, principles, and laws. In Israel something like capital punishment exists according to Torah law. There must be two or three witnesses, and this is for the United States of America as well. To say that we do not keep God's Law so no one can be punished according to God's Law is to regress. This is not what a Just or Righteous Judge should do.

Shalom.

Jacob

Capital punishment in Israel
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Capital punishment in Israel has only been imposed two times in the history of the state and is only to be handed out for crimes committed during war time, such as genocide, crimes against humanity, war crimes, crimes against the Jewish people, treason, and certain crimes under military law.[note 1]

Israel inherited the British Mandate of Palestine code of law, which included the death penalty for several offenses, but in 1954 Israel abolished the penalty for murder. Although a legal option under law, Israel does not use the death penalty. The last execution was carried out in 1962, when Holocaust architect Adolf Eichmann was hanged for genocide and crimes against humanity. The last death sentence in Israel was handed down in 1988, when John Demjanjuk was sentenced to death for war crimes and crimes against humanity; his sentence (and conviction) was subsequently overturned. No death sentences have been sought by Israeli prosecutors since the 1990s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_punishment_in_Israel

Israel does not keep Jack when it comes to OT Torah law keeping.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Capital punishment in Israel
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Capital punishment in Israel has only been imposed two times in the history of the state and is only to be handed out for crimes committed during war time, such as genocide, crimes against humanity, war crimes, crimes against the Jewish people, treason, and certain crimes under military law.[note 1]

Israel inherited the British Mandate of Palestine code of law, which included the death penalty for several offenses, but in 1954 Israel abolished the penalty for murder. Although a legal option under law, Israel does not use the death penalty. The last execution was carried out in 1962, when Holocaust architect Adolf Eichmann was hanged for genocide and crimes against humanity. The last death sentence in Israel was handed down in 1988, when John Demjanjuk was sentenced to death for war crimes and crimes against humanity; his sentence (and conviction) was subsequently overturned. No death sentences have been sought by Israeli prosecutors since the 1990s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_punishment_in_Israel

Israel does not keep Jack when it comes to OT Torah law keeping.

Incorrect. What you have said is not true according to Torah law or when we are living according to the Law of the Torah, Torah Law. And, if you are keeping the Law, there is no need for punishment or capital punishment. But if you are a witness, it may be something that you are involved with although it would never be counted against you if everything is done according to the Law. Because we keep God's Law, capital punishment is very rare, if we even call it that. Go by what the Torah says, not the definition of capital punishment from a foreign government, nation, people, country, or entity.

What is Civil Law?

Shalom.

Jacob

iouae

Incorrect. What you have said is not true according to Torah law or when we are living according to the Law of the Torah, Torah Law. And, if you are keeping the Law, there is no need for punishment or capital punishment. But if you are a witness, it may be something that you are involved with although it would never be counted against you if everything is done according to the Law. Because we keep God's Law, capital punishment is very rare, if we even call it that. Go by what the Torah says, not the definition of capital punishment from a foreign government, nation, people, country, or entity.

What is Civil Law?

Shalom.

Jacob

Please don't pretend Israel or yourself keep the Torah law Jacob. When last did you stone someone for Sabbath breaking?

Here is a list of reasons why folks do not keep the Torah law. It was the ministration of death. Today we have grace through Jesus. That is what you live under, while (mistakenly) believing you keep the whole Torah law. Nobody does. Not one Jew or Christian today. If you did, you would be putting to death folks who break the following Torah laws...

Religious practices[edit]
Sacrificing to gods other than YHWH[1][2]
Passing children through the fire to/as [MLK]. The triconsonantal root MLK has traditionally been translated as if it were the name of an otherwise unattested deity - Moloch - but may just describe a type of sacrifice. It is generally thought that this refers to a form of human sacrifice similar to that of which the Phoenicians (particularly in Carthage) have historically been widely accused[3] However, the Septuagint reads "You shall not give your seed to serve a ruler", suggesting that the root M-L-K should be more properly rendered as 'king/ruler'.
Worshiping Baal Peor[4]
False prophecy[5][6][7]
Necromancy, according to the Masoretic Text; specifically those who are masters over ghosts (Hebrew: Ba'al ob) and those who gain information from the dead (Hebrew: Yidde'oni).[8] The Septuagint instead condemns gastromancy (Greek: eggastrimuthos), and enchantment (Greek: epaoidos).[9]
According to the Masoretic Text, practitioners of kashaph[10] - incanting maleficium. According to the Septuagint version of the same passages, pharmakeia[11] - poisoners. Historically this passage has been translated into English using vague terminology, condemning witchcraft in general.[12]
Blasphemy[13]
Sabbath breaking[14][15][16]
A foreigner (outsider) who gets close to the tabernacle[17]
Sexual practices[edit]
Rape by a man of a betrothed woman in the countryside[18]
Being either participant in consensual sexual activity, in which a betrothed woman consensually loses her virginity to a man[19]
Adultery with a married woman[20]
Loss of virginity by a woman prior to marriage, to someone other than her husband while falsely representing herself as a virgin before the marriage ceremony[21]
Marrying one's wife's mother[22]
Certain forms of incest, namely if it involves the father's wife or a daughter-in-law.[23] Other forms of incest receive lesser punishment; sexual activity with a sister/stepsister is given excommunication for a punishment;[24] if it involves a brother's wife or an uncle's wife it is just cursed[25] and sexual activity with an aunt that is a blood relation is merely criticized.[26]
Male on male sexual intercourse.[27] Certain sexual activities between males (Hebrew: zakhar) involving what the Masoretic Text literally terms lie lyings (of a) woman (Hebrew: tishkav mishkvei ishah),[28][29] and the Septuagint literally terms beds [verb] the woman's/wife's bed (Greek: koimethese koiten gynaikos);[30][31] the gender of the target of the command is commonly understood to be male, but not explicitly stated. The correct translation and interpretation of this passage, and its implications for homosexuality in Judaism and homosexuality in Christianity, are controversial. Translations into English are wide-ranging.[32][33]
Bestiality[34][35]
Prostitution by the daughter of a priest[36]
Miscellaneous[edit]
Murder, believed by Jews to apply to non-Jews as well[37][38][39][40]
Negligent homicide, specifically by ox-goring, if already warned about the behavior of the ox. Death punishment is no longer required if the interested party requires payment of a fee. The death penalty does not apply to ox-goring of slaves.[41]
Smiting a parent[42]
Cursing a parent[43][44]
A son who persists in disobeying his parents[45][46]
Kidnapping[47][48]
Contempt of court[49]
False witness to a capital crime[50]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_capital_crimes_in_the_Torah

I am a fan of OT Torah law, but if one keeps the sabbath, wears a blue streak, eats Kosher and a few more, you are NOT keeping the whole Torah law.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Please don't pretend Israel or yourself keep the Torah law Jacob. When last did you stone someone for Sabbath breaking?

Here is a list of reasons why folks do not keep the Torah law. It was the ministration of death. Today we have grace through Jesus. That is what you live under, while (mistakenly) believing you keep the whole Torah law. Nobody does. Not one Jew or Christian today. If you did, you would be putting to death folks who break the following Torah laws...

Religious practices[edit]
Sacrificing to gods other than YHWH[1][2]
Passing children through the fire to/as [MLK]. The triconsonantal root MLK has traditionally been translated as if it were the name of an otherwise unattested deity - Moloch - but may just describe a type of sacrifice. It is generally thought that this refers to a form of human sacrifice similar to that of which the Phoenicians (particularly in Carthage) have historically been widely accused[3] However, the Septuagint reads "You shall not give your seed to serve a ruler", suggesting that the root M-L-K should be more properly rendered as 'king/ruler'.
Worshiping Baal Peor[4]
False prophecy[5][6][7]
Necromancy, according to the Masoretic Text; specifically those who are masters over ghosts (Hebrew: Ba'al ob) and those who gain information from the dead (Hebrew: Yidde'oni).[8] The Septuagint instead condemns gastromancy (Greek: eggastrimuthos), and enchantment (Greek: epaoidos).[9]
According to the Masoretic Text, practitioners of kashaph[10] - incanting maleficium. According to the Septuagint version of the same passages, pharmakeia[11] - poisoners. Historically this passage has been translated into English using vague terminology, condemning witchcraft in general.[12]
Blasphemy[13]
Sabbath breaking[14][15][16]
A foreigner (outsider) who gets close to the tabernacle[17]
Sexual practices[edit]
Rape by a man of a betrothed woman in the countryside[18]
Being either participant in consensual sexual activity, in which a betrothed woman consensually loses her virginity to a man[19]
Adultery with a married woman[20]
Loss of virginity by a woman prior to marriage, to someone other than her husband while falsely representing herself as a virgin before the marriage ceremony[21]
Marrying one's wife's mother[22]
Certain forms of incest, namely if it involves the father's wife or a daughter-in-law.[23] Other forms of incest receive lesser punishment; sexual activity with a sister/stepsister is given excommunication for a punishment;[24] if it involves a brother's wife or an uncle's wife it is just cursed[25] and sexual activity with an aunt that is a blood relation is merely criticized.[26]
Male on male sexual intercourse.[27] Certain sexual activities between males (Hebrew: zakhar) involving what the Masoretic Text literally terms lie lyings (of a) woman (Hebrew: tishkav mishkvei ishah),[28][29] and the Septuagint literally terms beds [verb] the woman's/wife's bed (Greek: koimethese koiten gynaikos);[30][31] the gender of the target of the command is commonly understood to be male, but not explicitly stated. The correct translation and interpretation of this passage, and its implications for homosexuality in Judaism and homosexuality in Christianity, are controversial. Translations into English are wide-ranging.[32][33]
Bestiality[34][35]
Prostitution by the daughter of a priest[36]
Miscellaneous[edit]
Murder, believed by Jews to apply to non-Jews as well[37][38][39][40]
Negligent homicide, specifically by ox-goring, if already warned about the behavior of the ox. Death punishment is no longer required if the interested party requires payment of a fee. The death penalty does not apply to ox-goring of slaves.[41]
Smiting a parent[42]
Cursing a parent[43][44]
A son who persists in disobeying his parents[45][46]
Kidnapping[47][48]
Contempt of court[49]
False witness to a capital crime[50]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_capital_crimes_in_the_Torah

I am a fan of OT Torah law, but if one keeps the sabbath, wears a blue streak, eats Kosher and a few more, you are NOT keeping the whole Torah law.

I would like to wear tefillin. You are right that there are commandments that are a violation of Torah Law that those who commit or transgress contrary to Torah Law should die for. There are 613 Commandments that we keep as a nation. These laws are found in the Torah, the Five Books of Moses. Yeshua, Jesus, instructed us to keep and teach the commandments that we would be called great in the kingdom of heaven. I read, study, observe, keep, and teach the Torah. I keep and teach the commandments in observance of Jesus' instruction. I observe and teach the commandments following after Yeshua in this. There is no good reason to not keep Torah law. The Sabbath is a sign. Circumcision is a sign. I do wear tzit-tzit, keep kosher, say a blessing with each meal, observe the Ten Commandments and more, etc....

iouae

The Sabbath is a sign. Circumcision is a sign. I do wear tzit-tzit, keep kosher, say a blessing with each meal, observe the Ten Commandments and more, etc....

Until you have stoned your first mouthy teenager, you are not a Torah keeper.

Deu 21:18
If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:
Deu 21:19
Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;
Deu 21:20
And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.
Deu 21:21
And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

You, like me, are a buffet law keeper. You keep the ones you like, and ignore the ones you don't. I keep the Sabbath and Feast days, kosher, and the 10C. By today's standards I am a Pharisee.

But I don't fool myself like all my Sabbath keeping friends do saying that I am a "Law keeper" meaning all the OT law keeper. I am a buffet law keeper, I pick and mix.

beameup

Shalom.

One of the commandments is you shall not commit adultery.

Shalom.

Jacob

But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. - Matthew 5:28

This is the TRUE LAW: Whoever even LOOKS with LUST upon a woman.

iouae

But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. - Matthew 5:28

This is the TRUE LAW: Whoever even LOOKS with LUST upon a woman.

If one admires the Brazilian ladies beach volley ball team playing the German ladies team, would that be to lust after a woman?