What is the HiSTORICAL GOSPEL of Jesus Christ?

Robert Pate

Banned
Only a very small percentage of Christians know or understand the Historical Gospel of Jesus Christ. Perhaps this is why Jesus said,

"Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leads to life and FEW THERE BE THAT FIND IT" Matthew 7:14.

Jesus and his Gospel are the narrow gate. The Gospel is the means by which we are saved and justified. There is no other way to be saved and justified. The Gospel is historical because the Gospel is a one time past historical event, this is why the Gospel can be referred to as "The Historical Gospel".

In the "Historical Gospel" Jesus comes into the world as God's new Adam. His mission is do for us that which we are not capable of doing for ourselves because we are sinners. As our substitute and representative Jesus fulfills every jot and title of God's holy law, Matthew 5:18. He does this in our name and on our behalf, just like we did it ourselves. It was his life that was lived for our justification, Romans 3:26. Jesus in our name and on our behalf has offered to God the Father a life of perfect obedience according to his holy law. Because of the perfect life of Jesus Christ we can now stand before God's Holy Court as perfect and complete in Jesus Christ, Colossians 2:10.

That is only half of the "Historical Gospel". The rest of the Gospel concerns the death of Christ. God requires two things for the salvation of fallen man.

1. A life of perfect obedience according to his holy law.

2. A perfect sinless atonement for his sins and the sins of the whole world.

Jesus has victoriously met all of these demands for us, Colossians 2:15. When Jesus died on the cross all of humanity died with him. God put to death the whole human race in Jesus Christ, Romans 6:6. This is why Paul said, "I have been crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live" Galatians 2:20. When Jesus came out of Joseph's new tomb God's new humanity came out with him. This is why Paul wrote,

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation: old things have passed away; behold all things have become new" 2 Corinthians 5:17.

God now sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ. ALL THINGS have been reconciled unto God by his Son Jesus Christ, Colossians 1:20. God has reconciled us and the whole world unto himself by Jesus Christ. Because of the victorious work of Jesus Christ God can now offer salvation to all, anyone, everyone as a free gift. "The free gift of salvation came upon ALL MEN unto justification of life" Romans 5:18. So that now, "Whosoever that shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13. Calling upon the Lord is an act of faith that God honors and acknowledges, Romans 5:1.

This Gospel cancels out predestination (Calvinism) Catholicism, all religions, it is very obvious that there is no place in this Gospel for religion of any kind. Jesus has done it all and he has done it perfectly. All that is required of us is to believe and receive what God has done for us in Jesus Christ. No religion needed.

Robert Pate

Banned
When we believe and receive the Gospel God seals us with the Holy Spirit.

"In whom you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the Gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that you believed, YOU WERE SEALED WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT OF PROMISE" Ephesians 1:13.

There is no unsealing. Once sealed always sealed. It is the Holy Spirit working in the life of the believer that will bring about good works.

"For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God has ordained that we should walk in them" Ephesians 2:10.

It is all of God. Organized religion tries to do the work of the Holy Spirit. The church thinks that it is their responsibility to teach you how to live the Christian life. When I first became a Christian I attended numerous seminars on how to live the victorious Christian life. I was interested in how I could get the victory over sin. No one told me that Jesus had already defeated sin on my behalf. None of that seminary stuff worked, what it did is it led me into myself and tried to make me religious. Religion is man's preoccupation with his own spirituality. That was me. All I could think about was me and how I could get the victory over my sins. Religion is law and law is religion. The more you try to be religious the more you will sin. Listen to what Paul says,

"For I was alive without the law (religion) once: but when the commandment came (the law) sin revived and I died and the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death" Romans 7:9, 10.

The more that you are told not to sin the more you will sin. Everything was just fine in the Garden of Eden until God gave the law to Adam and Eve. "Don't eat of the tree in the midst of the garden" More than likely Eve had to run down and check it out. Satan was there waiting for her with his promise that if you eat of the tree you will be like God's, Genesis 3:5.

Religion does not build faith in God or his Son Jesus Christ, religion tries to make you be like God. It is the same old pitch that Satan used to get Eve to sin. I have sat through numerous seminars and Bible studies trying to figure out how I could get the sin out, none of it worked.

Robert Pate

Banned
Why did Paul say to stop sinning?

Paul's emphasis in his epistles was not law keeping. Paul encouraged Christians to live holy lives for the sake of the Gospel. You cannot be an effective witness for Christ if you are living like the devil.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Paul's emphasis in his epistles was not law keeping. Paul encouraged Christians to live holy lives for the sake of the Gospel. You cannot be an effective witness for Christ if you are living like the devil.
What is law keeping? Sin is transgression of the law. What does it mean to observe, keep, obey, God's Commands, His Commandments?

Robert Pate

Banned
What is law keeping? Sin is transgression of the law. What does it mean to observe, keep, obey, God's Commands, His Commandments?

Anything in the Bible that tells you to do something or not to do something is law.

The law reveals the nature and character of God. Christians are not led by law, they are led by the Holy Spirit.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Anything in the Bible that tells you to do something or not to do something is law.

The law reveals the nature and character of God. Christians are not led by law, they are led by the Holy Spirit.
Does the Holy Spirit ever teach against any commandment of God?

Does the Holy Spirit teach you the commandments of God?

Do you obey the Holy Spirit?

Do you obey the commandments of God?

Robert Pate

Banned
Does the Holy Spirit ever teach against any commandment of God?

Does the Holy Spirit teach you the commandments of God?

Do you obey the Holy Spirit?

Do you obey the commandments of God?

Living by laws, rules, commandments is not living by faith. I am not concerned about being holy or righteous. Christ is my righteousness. I know right from wrong and don't need a law to tell me how to live. If you need laws and rules then this scripture is for you, 1 Timothy 1:9.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Living by laws, rules, commandments is not living by faith. I am not concerned about being holy or righteous. Christ is my righteousness. I know right from wrong and don't need a law to tell me how to live. If you need laws and rules then this scripture is for you, 1 Timothy 1:9.
Are you saying that you do not sin? Jesus said that we are to keep and teach the Commandments.

Robert Pate

Banned
Are you saying that you do not sin? Jesus said that we are to keep and teach the Commandments.

Be honest, can you obey the Sermon on the Mount?

Jesus was a teacher of the law. The law says that your righteousness falls short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23. Jesus is trying to tell you that you miss the mark.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Be honest, can you obey the Sermon on the Mount?

Jesus was a teacher of the law. The law says that your righteousness falls short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23. Jesus is trying to tell you that you miss the mark.
The entire Bible is for me. I accept everything that Jesus taught.

Robert Pate

Banned
Is receiving Jesus obedience?

What does God consider to be obedience?

What does God want you to obey?

Christians live their lives before God as sinners, saved sinners.

Paul referred to himself as "The Chief of Sinners" 1 Timothy 1:15. He also said that "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Christians live their lives before God as sinners, saved sinners.

Paul referred to himself as "The Chief of Sinners" 1 Timothy 1:15. He also said that "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.
Are people who have sinned supposed to obey God?

Robert Pate

Banned
Are people who have sinned supposed to obey God?

All that have come to Christ as repentant sinners to be saved by him are given the Holy Spirit.

It is the Holy Spirit working in the life of the Christian that makes him want to live the Christian life and to be an effective witness for Christ and his Gospel. NOT THE LAW.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
All that have come to Christ as repentant sinners to be saved by him are given the Holy Spirit.

It is the Holy Spirit working in the life of the Christian that makes him want to live the Christian life and to be an effective witness for Christ and his Gospel. NOT THE LAW.
God wants us to obey or observe His Commandments. Jesus taught that to be great in the kingdom of heaven one must keep and teach the Commandments.

Robert Pate

Banned
God wants us to obey or observe His Commandments. Jesus taught that to be great in the kingdom of heaven one must keep and teach the Commandments.

I don't think that you believe Paul.

"The letter (law) kills, but the Spirit gives life" 2 Corinthians 3:6.